ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Use a hex editor.
Edit: just realized someone else already answered this question, but for as to how to edit the characters I may be of some help. First, you are going to want to get the original ui_characters_db.bin file from version 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 This will help you determine character names and their ID's. To actually use this info in real use you have to copy the last 5 bytes of data before the yyyy or FF FF FF FF for example, Kirby would be 02 18 02 06 05. Then using your hex editor search for 02 18 02 06 05 in the 1.1.4 character.bin file. This will help you determine what characters are witch. Another few things to note are that the character number is at the offset 0C in the character.bin and the amount of rows is at 0D. If you want to edit character to the dlc page, you will need to change a certain bit from 00 to 01 and add that characters entry in the dlc_db.bin file, along with changing the dlc_db.bin amount of characters. You can thank @Toad Stool for a ton of this information.
Thanks! I'll have to try this once I get home. I hope you don't mind if I dm you a couple questions later haha

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
f07172e444.JPG

It came out as good as I could have hoped.
Here's the download link.

Attachments

• Banjo Hunt.zip
    55 KB · Views: 1,875

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a hex editor.
Edit: just realized someone else already answered this question, but for as to how to edit the characters I may be of some help. First, you are going to want to get the original ui_characters_db.bin file from version 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 This will help you determine character names and their ID's. To actually use this info in real use you have to copy the last 5 bytes of data before the yyyy or FF FF FF FF for example, Kirby would be 02 18 02 06 05. Then using your hex editor search for 02 18 02 06 05 in the 1.1.4 character.bin file. This will help you determine what characters are witch. Another few things to note are that the character number is at the offset 0C in the character.bin and the amount of rows is at 0D. If you want to edit character to the dlc page, you will need to change a certain bit from 00 to 01 and add that characters entry in the dlc_db.bin file, along with changing the dlc_db.bin amount of characters. You can thank @Toad Stool for a ton of this information.
Any clue what to change to edit the Stage selection screen?

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for as to how to edit the characters I may be of some help. First, you are going to want to get the original ui_characters_db.bin file from version 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 This will help you determine character names and their ID's. To actually use this info in real use you have to copy the last 5 bytes of data before the yyyy or FF FF FF FF for example, Kirby would be 02 18 02 06 05. Then using your hex editor search for 02 18 02 06 05 in the 1.1.4 character.bin file. This will help you determine what characters are witch. Another few things to note are that the character number is at the offset 0C in the character.bin and the amount of rows is at 0D. If you want to edit character to the dlc page, you will need to change a certain bit from 00 to 01 and add that characters entry in the dlc_db.bin file, along with changing the dlc_db.bin amount of characters.
my question is can we add characters to the roster and either a clone or a completely new character
if a clone then would we need to make module like in brawl or do they not use that?
would it be easier to make a clone?
what about CSS for the added character?

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my question is can we add characters to the roster and either a clone or a completely new character
if a clone then would we need to make module like in brawl or do they not use that?
would it be easier to make a clone?
what about CSS for the added character?

Don't know if it's possible, but it seems like they left so much room for extra stuff in the Extra Characters/Stages screens.
Almost as if their welcoming it...

Oh and by the way, Cloud is now fabulous...

RrlS4gw.png

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't know if it's possible, but it seems like they left so much room for extra stuff in the Extra Characters/Stages screens.
Almost as if their welcoming it...
A lot of things nintendo does nowadays seems to welcome modders

WekkinsWiiU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone make a model hack of zss to not be innapropriate cuz i would like to play as zss without getting distracted by the model

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder...would a Goku or SSJ Gohan skin go well over Ryu? I mean, he has the body, clothes, and the hair for it. All you would have to do is recolor the clothes and hair.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone make a model hack of zss to not be innapropriate cuz i would like to play as zss without getting distracted by the model

If I got the time I'll mess with it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i cant seem to bring up models in ohana how did u do it????

Use Ohana Rebirth, the one in the pack is the old version with countless problems, I also had the same issue and had to search for an hour.

MetroidOtherS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I got the time I'll mess with it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use Ohana Rebirth, the one in the pack is the old version with countless problems, I also had the same issue and had to search for an hour.

i am its still not showing up :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I mean if someone offered me billions for something lol