ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to change the CSS layout? I was pointed to param/ui/ui_character.bin and param/eshop/dlc_param_c.bin but i dont know how to open and edit the .bin files.
Use a hex editor.
Edit: just realized someone else already answered this question, but for as to how to edit the characters I may be of some help. First, you are going to want to get the original ui_characters_db.bin file from version 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 This will help you determine character names and their ID's. To actually use this info in real use you have to copy the last 5 bytes of data before the yyyy or FF FF FF FF for example, Kirby would be 02 18 02 06 05. Then using your hex editor search for 02 18 02 06 05 in the 1.1.4 character.bin file. This will help you determine what characters are witch. Another few things to note are that the character number is at the offset 0C in the character.bin and the amount of rows is at 0D. If you want to edit character to the dlc page, you will need to change a certain bit from 00 to 01 and add that characters entry in the dlc_db.bin file, along with changing the dlc_db.bin amount of characters. You can thank @Toad Stool for a ton of this information.

Last edited by Cydget,

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DLC has nothing to do with it, its the 1.1.4 update files you need.
If your trying to extract the game and its giving you the problem then try using Asia81's modified braindump to get a .cxi and go through that process, worked for me.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to extract the games dl not the dlcs dl.
1) Extract the contents of this folder somewhere. 2) Copy your dt and ls into that folder 3) Run RUNME.bat 4) profit
If this didnt work make sure you reinstall python2

Attachments

• DTLSEXTRACT.zip
    998.9 KB · Views: 118

MetroidOtherS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Extract the contents of this folder somewhere. 2) Copy your dt and ls into that folder 3) Run RUNME.bat 4) profit
If this didnt work make sure you reinstall python2
i tried it but it closes in about 3 seconds the first time i open it then. the following attempts close the prompt immediately.
so i tried reinstalling but it still does the same thing. help....

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried it but it closes in about 3 seconds the first time i open it then. the following attempts close the prompt immediately.
so i tried reinstalling but it still does the same thing. help....
Is your computer 32 or 64 bit?

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
64bit pythons worked for me before
Go to the folder that I had you extract the files into, and hold shift and right click inside the folder. Click Open command window here. Then paste this "python dtls.py dt ls data" without quotes into the command prompt and press enter. Tell me what happens

MetroidOtherS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you send a screenshot? Snipping tool is a default screenshot tool on windows 8, although it should still be on older versions I think.
i think i got it working thanks.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.3 KB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hi @Xdqwerty , welcome to gbatemp