Hacking Smash 1.0.5 (USA) update not applying?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn. Well right now, I've backed up my retail sav.; do i just need to rename it to the smash titleID and put it in the 3ds MicroSD to use my save?
How did you back it up? With Gatway menu? That will not work unfortunately. For the technical explaiation see the save data mega guide at the top of this sub.

Do not dispare. This was impossible to make work until a couple of days ago. ThE NTR CFW save game pluggin will decrypt and extract your save. I am still putting the pieces together but I believe you then use savedatafiler to inject the save back to 3dz or cia. Stay tuned it looks like we may be able to kill off our carts for good.

I can give you a save file with all stages and characters that is gateway compatible
This is a good option as well. :) Choice is wonderful.

Reactions: Dragaan

Dragaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can give you a save file with all stages and characters that is gateway compatible

I really appreciate your offer, but that's fine: I'll just play the waiting game. Besides, I love looking at my stats xD
But NTR only works on N3DS. So hopefully that is what OP has.

Yep, got my N3DSXL back on launch in the States. Been waiting it out sense. At least I'll have my roms!

jaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTR CFW 2.0 is for n3ds NTR CFW 1.0 is for...... :)

I just found out about retools an hour ago. Still trying to figure it out. Enlighten us please. :)

Man. Yep. I knew about NTR 1.0, but I thought the plugin didn't work for 1.0 but nope it's right in the title. It's late. I should stop talking for the night. :)

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember making a thread about the same problem not too long ago.

Do not dispare. This was impossible to make work until a couple of days ago. ThE NTR CFW save game pluggin will decrypt and extract your save. I am still putting the pieces together but I believe you then use savedatafiler to inject the save back to 3dz or cia. Stay tuned it looks like we may be able to kill off our carts for good.

As long as I can inject the save back into my retail cart, then I'm fine with this! Want to throw down a play by play if you get this working?

Dragaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As long as I can inject the save back into my retail cart, then I'm fine with this! Want to throw down a play by play if you get this working?

Maybe... I'm a bit conflicted on setting up NTR, afraid I'll mess it up or it'll mess up my Gateway... Frankly, I'd rather wait for latest emuNAND support, but
Gateway said:
We also want to inform our users about some news regarding emunand support for the New 3DS:
We will not be able to support emunand 9.5 or higher for a while on the New 3DS. This is only an issue for the New 3DS, the old 3DS and 2DS will never have this issue. This is not a definitive barrier, but we feel it necessary to inform our users that while we are still working on releasing our New 3ds support, we will not be able to provide support yet for 9.5 emunand or higher for New 3DS on release.

worries me

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe... I'm a bit conflicted on setting up NTR, afraid I'll mess it up or it'll mess up my Gateway... Frankly, I'd rather wait for latest emuNAND support

Just use a different SD card? The Cubic Ninja exploit is easily installed, so don't really need to worry about that.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

. So far from what I gather the only real rub is NTR requires its own Cubic Ninja save. So you need another copy or monkey around with flashing the CN saves. Luckily I had this kind of scenario in my head last week and have 3 copies @$30 each, plus a sky and OOT. My family has 3 n3ds. :)

With all these exploits requiring CN sky is going to become a handy multi-tool.

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
. So far from what I gather the only real rub is NTR requires its own Cubic Ninja save. So you need another copy or monkey around with flashing the CN saves. Luckily I had this kind of scenario in my head last week and have 3 copies @$30 each, plus a sky and OOT. My family has 3 n3ds. :)

Why not just install the exploit on CN, get the desired save game, wipe the CN save file, then back into gateway mode. I figure once you get the save file, there's no real reason to go back to NTR if you already have gateway emunand setup.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can have multiple copies of the same game on sky with different saves, so might work CN as well (for NTR, GW, Ninjhax).

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just install the exploit on CN, get the desired save game, wipe the CN save file, then back into gateway mode. I figure once you get the save file, there's no real reason to go back to NTR if you already have gateway emunand setup.
For the immediate question at hand that is true. However with the plugins being developed there could be a lot more uses for this.

More importantly to the question at hand :

NTR CFW 2.1:
[Feature] Clean Mode: Some games are not compatible with some of NTR CFW's functions (ie. MH4, SSB), which you can run them by using the Clean Mode feature in NTR CFW Menu. In the Clean Mode, all the features except Region-Free are totally disabled, and you can't return to Home Menu if you are running an region-locked game (the Home Menu will no longer accept it), use Power Button if you want to quit the game.

The save plugin is not going to work with Smash it seems. :(. Nope it works. :)

Reactions: Dragaan

Dragaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about injecting it back into the card, but are you still interested in knowing how I got my Smash cart save into my .3dz dump?

Dragaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More than interested! :)

Alright, here's my shoddy play by play (doing much of this by memory)

Disclaimer: This only worked for me on Smash, I don't know if it'd also work for other roms, I haven't tested any else. Additionally, I have no idea how card 1/card 2 is treated by savedatafiler, so treat these steps as EXCLUSIVELY for smash (I think this is a card2 game) until someone can enlighten me on it.

What I used:
  • Gateway
  • EmuNAND
  • retail cart to back up (in this case, Smash. The steps could probably be different for card 1 vs card 2)
  • .3dz or .3ds to inject save into
  • one microSD for emuNAND
  • one microSD for NTR 2.1 CRW (you can probably use one microSD for both, but I didnt')
  • NTR Savegame Manager
  • Cubic Ninja
  • savedatafiler.cia and something to install it with (devmenu, Big Blue Menu)
Steps:
  1. Set up NTR CFW on a microSD and the Savegame Manager Plugin (drag the plugin folder from NTR 2.0 into the root of microSD)
  2. Launch into NTR 2.1, back up your retail cart (instructions in the link)
  3. Power off N3DSXL, copy the save over to your computer
  4. Delete the NTR CFW exploit off Cubic Ninja, and rescan the Gateway QR code to get back into the Gateway menu
  5. Launch emuNAND and install savedatafiler (hopefully you have the cia on your emuNAND microSD)
  6. Preload Smash by pressing select and loading it into emuNAND's card slot but do NOT start the game
  7. launch savedatafiler and export the CTR Card save (press Y I believe, I don't remember)
  8. power off your 3ds and find the folder in emuNAND's microSD where the save was exported to (it should be in a /filer directory)
  9. open up the exported save until you find a folder with account_data.bin and system_data.bin in it and REPLACE these two files with the dump you got from the retail cart
  10. launch emuNAND and savedatafiler, press right on the d-pad to go to SD and import the archive with your save in it (R+A I think)
A blockade you'll probably run into is at step 7: savedatafiler will display CTR CARD-BROKEN or something like that in red text, and you'll be unable to extract the save. You'll have to follow the steps here, which were graciously provided to me by Darklinkreturns. Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1