Bloodrns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have been wondering about the R4. I know it can be a mp3 player which btw is reaaaly nice. I was wondering if you could be playing music through the DS lite while it's lids are closed (sleep mod or how you call it xD). I have not recieved my R4 btw which sucks
biggrin.gif

Bloodrns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joey Ravn said:
With Moonshell you can play MP3 and DPG (video) files, even with the DS closed. If you've ordered an R4, I feel sorry for you...
Well i haven't actually ordered the thing but im a total schmuk when it comes to these things.. Is the R4 a piece of crap now or am i just selecting something cheap and dirty? My intentions were getting a very solid yet cheap card like the R4(so i think >.>). I have been searching the net for the perfect card thingy and the R4 was the reccomendation according to the results.
Im confused....

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bloodrns said:
Joey Ravn said:
With Moonshell you can play MP3 and DPG (video) files, even with the DS closed. If you've ordered an R4, I feel sorry for you...
Well i haven't actually ordered the thing but im a total schmuk when it comes to these things.. Is the R4 a piece of crap now or am i just selecting something cheap and dirty? My intentions were getting a very solid yet cheap card like the R4(so i think >.>). I have been searching the net for the perfect card thingy and the R4 was the reccomendation according to the results.
Im confused....

The R4 is outdated, period. Whoever denies this is either blind or a rabid fanboy. You're much better off buying a DSTT, EDGE, SuperCard DS... The best you could buy, IMO, is a CycloDS, but it's rather expensive. The DSTT and AceKard seem to be the perfect example of a good cost/quality relation.

Bloodrns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The R4 is outdated, period. Whoever denies this is either blind or a rabid fanboy. You're much better off buying a DSTT, EDGE, SuperCard DS... The best you could buy, IMO, is a CycloDS, but it's rather expensive. The DSTT and AceKard seem to be the perfect example of a good cost/quality relation.
Well if they quit selling that stuff then i guess i gotta search for a new one and i'll check on the ones you recommended. Thanks! xD
P.S. How are they outdated? Is it the quality or the limitations?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bloodrns said:
QUOTE said:
Well if they quit selling that stuff then i guess i gotta search for a new one and i'll check on the ones you recommended. Thanks! xD
They won't stopping selling it because most people only know the R4 as a flashcard. And seeing that all the R4s out there nowadays are clones, it's a quick buck for them. Buy them cheap, sell them for a lot.

They're REALLY outdated. Most recent games won't run on them without some sort of manual patching.

Bloodrns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Bloodrns said:
QUOTE said:
They won't stopping selling it because most people only know the R4 as a flashcard. And seeing that all the R4s out there nowadays are clones, it's a quick buck for them. Buy them cheap, sell them for a lot.

They're REALLY outdated. Most recent games won't run on them without some sort of manual patching.
Alright then. This has got to be the only site that can help schmucks like me in these crisis, thanks a bunch!

Bloodrns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mrfatso said:
anyway if u wish to buy a flashcart, then a dstt would be well better than a cyclo... but since u wish to get a decent flashcart, get acekard 2 and the akio firmware by our own gbatemp's normmatt L:D
Alright i'll go check on the Acekard2 series, but i didn't understand what you meant by saying decent flashcard. Are you reffering to a more simple flash card or does the CycloDS or DSTT contain stuff that i shouldn't be needing.?
unsure.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
cyclods has a crappy cheat engine from what i was told and the only different/good function that cyclods has is real time save, DSTT is a good cheat card, if u are low on money this is it, especially since elixir owns a dstt so when he makes cheats, he tested on them as well, so a dstt = your cheats are sure to work.
But acekard 2 is pretty good, since thanks to normmatt, acekard2 now has a superior cheat engine and plus good customer service, find a bug? pm normmatt and in the next release or if it is urgent enough, he might release a fixed version in a few hours time unlike m3 who just sits there and *cough* *cough* rips people's hard work *cough* *cough*

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Whilst you probably paid alot more than you should have for a card that doesn't have as many features as cheaper models, it should still be able to do what you need of it which is the main thing at the end of the day.

If you really want to change cards and can, get your money back and reorder something else.

Nothing much more that needs to be said really except that you can find more info on each card in the forums.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mrfatso said:
cyclods has a crappy cheat engine from what i was told and the only different/good function that cyclods has is real time save, DSTT is a good cheat card, if u are low on money this is it, especially since elixir owns a dstt so when he makes cheats, he tested on them as well, so a dstt = your cheats are sure to work.
But acekard 2 is pretty good, since thanks to normmatt, acekard2 now has a superior cheat engine and plus good customer service, find a bug? pm normmatt and in the next release or if it is urgent enough, he might release a fixed version in a few hours time unlike m3 who just sits there and *cough* *cough* rips people's hard work *cough* *cough*

Please, elaborate. What do you mean by "a crappy cheat engine"? AFAIK, it's on par with any other card's engine. And even if the AK2's AKAIO cheats were better, that wouldn't make the CycloDS' bad.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
mrfatso wrote:
QUOTE said:
if u wish to buy a flashcart, then a dstt would be well better than a cyclo

Are you having a laugh or what, do you actually know anything about what your talking about?

I don't mean to be rude or insulting to you mrfatso but that statment is 100% wrong, cyclods is considered one if not the best cart on the market (reason) well its well made / native english team / regular updates / Has all features found on any other card and more than most and is just a great card.

The DSTT is an ok card but very basic, yes it gets updated quite often but as i said its basic with no RTS(real time save) and a rubbish AR cheats system, though cyclods is $50 where as the DSTT is $6.

I have the supercard SDHC and its got all the features of the cyclods but has a slow loading os due to being built on an old moonshel.

Best bet is to go to Dealxtreme and check out all the cards and reviews, cheapest anywhere as well with free shipping but can take 2 weeks to arrive.

paul

Bloodrns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, based on you're answers im thinking the Acekard 2 would be a standard choice(still a little uncertain).Sounds like its the center flash card of the bad to good scale. Very cheap which btw im loving (since i'm in Iceland and the shipping price will be out of this world!"#). One final question: Does this card have a save failure or is it just an annoying thing (like you got to go through massive lengths to be able save). If this is just annoying then i have found the perfect card ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.