Sm4sh Modding [5.5.1]?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by umbrellaman, Mar 14, 2016.

1. umbrellaman
    OP

umbrellaman Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2016
    Hello! I am completely new to Wii U modding and if this isn't the right place to ask this question, please direct me to the right place. I want to mod Smash 4 on Wii U and I am using FW 5.5.1. Is there any way to do this now? Or any way to downgrade from 5.5.1? And where can I go to learn more about Wii U modding? Thanks!

2. iAqua

iAqua feel the... envy.

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    Unfortunately for you. It's not possible at the moment on 5.5.1 although you can vWii Mod.

3. Phantom64
    This message by Phantom64 has been removed from public view by Minox, Mar 27, 2016, Reason: Offtopic.
    Mar 14, 2016
  4. ihateu3

ihateu3 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    United States
    Your best bet is to find a 5.3.2 or 5.4.0 (or lower firmware and upgrade to one of those) system on Ebay or Craigslist, as exploits do exist for 5.5.X, but have not been publically released and are not guaranteed to be released anytime in the foreseeable future. They will most likely be released at some point (not a guarantee), but you will be most likely waiting a while.

All the whiny trolls on this site basically pissed off the very same devs that fed them, and a bunch of drama happened because the people basically demanded, cried, and whined trying to get their own way over the 5.5.X exploits, and the devs fought back by simply teaching them a much hard learned lesson and not releasing them. Always respect the devs that feed you.

We have no one to blame for the 5.5.X exploits not being released except for the trolls, they are the exact reason. Yet they still keep trolling..

Last edited by ihateu3, Mar 14, 2016
  5. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    I hope there is no Smahs modding in online ...

Pip'

6. FusionGamer

FusionGamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2014
    United States
    Modding isn't the problem.

7. yodenny

yodenny Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    you know if they know they are trolls why not just ignore them like all the honest people never really say anything bad or piss off the devs i mean why get so emotional over somebody you know is trying to get you mad if this is truly the circumstance then I wouldn't be surprised if people from Nintendo were those very same trolls it's in my opinion childish

8. dukemagus

dukemagus GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2009
    Brazil
    Not that easy. Troll posts occupy a lot of space

9. FusionGamer
    This message by FusionGamer has been removed from public view by Minox, Mar 27, 2016, Reason: Offtopic.
    Mar 27, 2016
  10. Net-KILLER
    This message by Net-KILLER has been removed from public view by Minox, Mar 27, 2016, Reason: Offtopic.
    Mar 27, 2016
  11. Mathew_Wi
    This message by Mathew_Wi has been removed from public view by Minox, Mar 27, 2016, Reason: Offtopic.
    Mar 27, 2016
  12. GorillaGD

GorillaGD Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2015
    United States
    There could be a variety reasons ranging from genuinely being stressed out over the whole ordeal to taking advantage of it in order to get a break from the responsibility though truth be told, it's not their job to do it anyway. Still, don't give up hope, it'll come eventually and if it doesn't come from the modders that we have here, then it will likely come from a third party, probably hacker groups in Russia or something.

Last edited by GorillaGD, Mar 27, 2016
  13. FusionGamer

FusionGamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2014
    United States
    Wow, censoring posts? It honestly doesn't surprise me. Each time I expose <censored> as a liar, either the thread gets locked, I get locked from the thread, and/or the posts get deleted.

Thanks for the censorship, GBATemp.

*fully expects this post to get deleted as well*