Hacking Slot 2 for GBA Only?

tstein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like (if it exists) a slot 2 device to play GBA games only? I don't need RAM\Rumble support. It would be nice if there were a slot 2 device that had a SD card of it's own.....that I could drag and drop a bunch of my GBA games to without burdening my R4DS's SD card.

Does something like this exist?

Any info appreciated
Tomas

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EZ4, M3 Pro, M3 Perfect, Supercard, etc
WTF? M3 pros do not in no way support GBA games. The other stuff is right. I recommend an M3 perfect in which you can copy paste GBA games and play very easily. Unfortunately, anything that plays GBA games needs RAM to make the GBA games load and anything that has built in RAM costs A LOT. M3 perfects cost roughly $70 but they can play almost 100% GBA games with no glitches or anything. They have RAM(not that you have a choice, if they didn't have RAM then GBA games couldn't load) so you can use it as a RAM expansion. And they can play all NDS roms too so you can use them as a back up cart for your slot 1. They really seem perfect to me. >.>

Here is a link to an M3 perfect at a great price if you are interested.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a g6flash, its about dead now. I would like to buy a new flash cart for gba only. Can anyone recommend a good one. I also have a Supercard SD, wasnt impressed, most games were too slow and I didnt like how it did not automatically save games, you had to use a key combo to save gba games. I'm looking for the following:

1)able to use SD cards would be nice
2)full speed on all gba games
3)being able to use gba roms without using a program to write the roms
4)being able to save games automatically like the g6 does (multiple saves per games would be nice but not required)

does anyone know if such a cart even exists, im considering the m3 perfect, but not sure

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a g6flash, its about dead now. I would like to buy a new flash cart for gba only. Can anyone recommend a good one. I also have a Supercard SD, wasnt impressed, most games were too slow and I didnt like how it did not automatically save games, you had to use a key combo to save gba games. I'm looking for the following:

1)able to use SD cards would be nice
2)full speed on all gba games
3)being able to use gba roms without using a program to write the roms
4)being able to save games automatically like the g6 does (multiple saves per games would be nice but not required)

does anyone know if such a cart even exists, im considering the m3 perfect, but not sure
Look at my post RIGHT above yours.
dry.gif

nexus7412369

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
EZ4, M3 Pro, M3 Perfect, Supercard, etc
WTF? M3 pros do not in no way support GBA games. The other stuff is right. I recommend an M3 perfect in which you can copy paste GBA games and play very easily. Unfortunately, anything that plays GBA games needs RAM to make the GBA games load and anything that has built in RAM costs A LOT. M3 perfects cost roughly $70 but they can play almost 100% GBA games with no glitches or anything. They have RAM(not that you have a choice, if they didn't have RAM then GBA games couldn't load) so you can use it as a RAM expansion. And they can play all NDS roms too so you can use them as a back up cart for your slot 1. They really seem perfect to me. >.>

Here is a link to an M3 perfect at a great price if you are interested.
I knew that.
tongue.gif

Go with the M3 Perfect. Good
The EZ4 needs to patch all of its games which is kinda annoying. But ita still good.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you golden i was typing my post and did not see yours before i sent mine. m3 perfect is looking even better to me. I'll miss the g6 flash tho, even tho i had to use a program to patch the games.

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to order the M3 lite perfect from realhotstuff soon. I was thinking about getting it from gameyeeeah with the coupon code, but getting it from rhs, shipped priority mail and using the RHS07 coupon code, it only comes out to around $3 more than at gameyeeeeah. I think it's a no brainer. US Postal Service from NJ to NY in 2 or 3 days over HK airmail in god knows how long for the win.

tstein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll go with the M3 SD Perfect....cost isn't a factor in my decision.

The product description doesn't make mention of what kind of SD card is required and the size limitation....is it safe to assume it's a microSD and must be 2GB or smaller?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll go with the M3 SD Perfect....cost isn't a factor in my decision.

The product description doesn't make mention of what kind of SD card is required and the size limitation....is it safe to assume it's a microSD and must be 2GB or smaller?
If it's an M3 SD it's probably not the MicroSD one. The one which uses MicroSD is called the M3 Lite.

All M3's (except for the CF one of course) don't support SDHC (4 GB+) for games or homebrew. Media via the custom Moonshell that's included in the firmware will work though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER