Rapid Dr3am

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought a DS One cart for my slot 1 which works great for me.

I want a slot 2 card, I don't mind on memory I just want something that I can use to boot gba games to with my slot1 storing them. I wouldn't mind some expandable memory for the browser so I can play with it.

I've got a rumble pak now but never really use it.

The only one I've seen is the EZ-Flash 3in1 but I'm not sure how it works and what you get in the pack.

Can you put roms on the cartridge or is it simply to load roms from slot1 to slot2?

drtofu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you want a good and cheap slot 2 yea ez 3in1 to use it you need to use a homebrew rudolph's 3 in 1 tool(sp). Its very easy to use and all gab games are stored on slot 1 and you just transfer them down. Its a tad slow but it works. for smaller games its faster but for larger games you have to write the game to the cards permanant memory which takes a lot longer but it'll always be there till you erase it. The 3 in1 one is really all ya need ram rumble and gab games.

ps
please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm only human ya know.

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe when you load a gba game in NOR memory it stays there after the DS is off. So when you turn it back on you can select Slot-2 instead of loading 3in1 ExpPack Tool or NDStation.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have a gba rom on my slot1 will I be able to just select load to slot2? I've had gba roms on my slot1 in the past and it has the option.
In case this question wasn't cleared up by the links Zombie_Mario posted, you can't use that option of the SC ONE for loading GBA ROMs to the 3-in-1. The load to slot-2 feature of the Supercard One is only compatible with the Supercard slot-2 carts (which are not recommended since they have very poor GBA compatibility unfortunately). You'll have to load up Rudolph's tool first then load the ROMs to the 3-in-1 from there.

...word is bondage...

lonfar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
what bout m3? i know alot people prefer 3 in 1 Expansion Pack for EZ-Flash V but i don't usually use the gba for any rumble or surf

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't actually need its own microSD. You could use the same card for both your slot-1 and slot-2 devices if you wanted. Getting a second microSD card just for the slot-2 device probably makes more sense, though, and doesn't really seem to me like a point against the EZ4 (or any other full slot-2 kit).

I think because it's so cheap is the only reason most people prefer the 3-in-1.

The 3-in-1 is a good solution for someone who doesn't plan on playing a whole lot of GBA games. But if you want to play the GBA side a lot, then getting a full slot-2 flash kit instead of the limited 3-in-1 is definitely a better idea and the EZ-Flash IV is a good choice for a slot-2 cart.

...word is bondage...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over