slot 2 - 1 gba?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ZenZero, Feb 16, 2009.

1. ZenZero
    OP

ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

Mar 12, 2008
    i know that we cannot run gba games from slot 1 so don't treat me like a noob!

but i was just wondering...

would it be possible to incorporate a real gba cartridge into the agenda and run gba from slot one using one of theese somehow?

or wouldn't it work because of the whole ds mode - gba mode thing?

this is just an idea that i was wondering

2. Minox

Minox Thanks for the fish

Former Staff
    Aug 27, 2007
    Japan
    You just answered your own question.

3. ZenZero
    OP

ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

Mar 12, 2008
    ^ lol - good point ^

but what if we could use a commercial cart to somehow trick the device to jump to gba mode from the slot-1?

4. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Former Staff
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Sure you can use your Slot-1 flashcard to jump to GBA mode from the Slot-1.
    But then you'll have a nice white screen because it won't find any card in the GBA slot.

5. Advi

Advi GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    I actually have a GBA Expansion but it was from the M3 Sakura............and I have an Acekard.

If you can patch an NDS file to work with that then I'll be thankful...............fucking NDStation has failed me

6. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    What do you mean by the "agenda"? If you're talking about the DS's built-in firmware, that's only 256 KB in size, not nearly large enough to hold even the smallest GBA games that come in at 4 MB.

You can jump from DS mode to GBA mode very easily, but as was already said, that won't do anything if you've got nothing in the GBA slot.