dsfgfhj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

I just released a new homebrew game for the Nintendo Switch: SlitherlinkNX. I hope you enjoy it.

ozxbFfs.png
LCBYd34.png
oPH1kBe.png
mr2qSqz.png

Introduction

Slitherlink is a logic puzzle game created in 1989 by Japanese publisher Nikoli, famous for creating Sudoku, among many other puzzle games. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slitherlink for more info.
I discovered the game a few years ago on the Nintendo DS with 'Puzzle Series Vol. 5: Slitherlink', which was never released outside of Japan. It's such a good game I became addicted to it, just like with Picross and Nurikabe.
This is my version of the game for the Nintendo Switch. It's a rewrite of one of my previous projects for the Dingoo A320. It features 456 levels in four sizes: 5x5 (easy), 7x7, 10x10, 20x20 (hard). There's also a save state function, undo button, and more.

Rules

In SlitherlinkNX, you draw lines on a grid to create a meandering path, following the rules:
  • The path must form a single loop, without crossing itself or branching.
  • The numbers indicate how many lines surround each cell. Empty cells may be surrounded by any number of lines.
There is one unique solution for each level. You can draw small x's on segments that cannot be connected. You should be able to find the solution by logical deduction only, without guessing.
For Slitherlink beginners, I strongly recommend to consult the Wikipedia page, especially chapter 'Solution methods', which is a big help at the start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slitherlink#Solution_methods

Controls
  • d-pad: move cursor
  • X/A/B/Y: draw a line, then a cross, then nothing, in the corresponding direction
  • L + X/A/B/Y: draw a cross, then a line, then nothing, in the corresponding direction
  • R: undo previous action
  • +: open menu, allowing to: retry, save state, or quit

Last edited by dsfgfhj,

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I just released a new homebrew game for the Nintendo Switch: SlitherlinkNX. I hope you enjoy it.

ozxbFfs.png
LCBYd34.png
oPH1kBe.png
mr2qSqz.png

Introduction

Slitherlink is a logic puzzle game created in 1989 by Japanese publisher Nikoli, famous for creating Sudoku, among many other puzzle games. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slitherlink for more info.
I discovered the game a few years ago on the Nintendo DS with 'Puzzle Series Vol. 5: Slitherlink', which was never released outside of Japan. It's such a good game I became addicted to it, just like with Picross and Nurikabe.
This is my version of the game for the Nintendo Switch. It's a rewrite of one of my previous projects for the Dingoo A320. It features 456 levels in four sizes: 5x5 (easy), 7x7, 10x10, 20x20 (hard). There's also a save state function, undo button, and more.

Rules

In SlitherlinkNX, you draw lines on a grid to create a meandering path, following the rules:
  • The path must form a single loop, without crossing itself or branching.
  • The numbers indicate how many lines surround each cell. Empty cells may be surrounded by any number of lines.
There is one unique solution for each level. You can draw small x's on segments that cannot be connected. You should be able to find the solution by logical deduction only, without guessing.
For Slitherlink beginners, I strongly recommend to consult the Wikipedia page, especially chapter 'Solution methods', which is a big help at the start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slitherlink#Solution_methods

Controls
  • d-pad / analog stick: move cursor
  • X/A/B/Y: draw a line, then a cross, then nothing, in the corresponding direction
  • L + X/A/B/Y: draw a cross, then a line, then nothing, in the corresponding direction
  • R: undo previous action
  • +: open menu, allowing to: retry, save state, or quit
Wow. That looks amazing. Great job!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is this like Minesweeper but with lines and a twist of making a loop?

mrmole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is looking lovely! If possible, you should also include the ruleset in the app itself for all the new players.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aw yiss, slitherlink is awesome. Thanks.
So I installed this back in October, but just got around to playing it this morning. Busted through the first 40 levels before taking a break for breakfast. Slitherlink is great, and this is a quality version of it, nice job. Looks pretty, the controls are good (I'd suggest allowing ZL as an alternative to L, I find it a bit more comfy), all very pleasant. It would be kinda nice to have some unobtrusive background music in there, maybe find some appropriate royalty-free music if you're not into doing it yourself or commissioning something.
Anyway, just little thoughts, but this is a brilliant homebrew and I've got a feeling I'm gonna be playing it a lot. Cheers :yayswitch:

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm late to the party but this game is really great and your port is absolutely beautiful, thank you very much dsfgfhj !
If someone reads this I personally wouldn't recommend checking the wiki though, it's super enjoyable to find how to solve these by yourself and it's really accessible if you do the levels in order.

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto