Homebrew Sliderhax not working...

nickwhit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought my o3DS. Came with 7.xx something firmware.. so immediately I started looking up how to run homebrew. Eventually got it all working, but was lacking menuhax and was sad so I wanted to update to 9.x in order to use it. Accidently went up to 9.9 and was locked out of CFW/Emunand/everything.

Now that the downgrade tools have released - Im back down to 9.2U sysnand and back on my 10.3 emunand (Woo!) Now my problem lies in trying to access HBL. On my sysnand I just get an error every time trying to use sliderhax.. and 10.3 emunand tries using sliderhax too when it should use spiderhax.. but neither will boot me into HBL.

Is this a known issue? Has anyone has luck using sliderhax on downgraded 9.2? (Alone, meaning no carts or hax other than browserhax and rxtools)

Reactions: endoverend

nickwhit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the auto page takes me to sliderhax in sysnand.. which isnt working.
And the spiderhax does the same thing as sliderhax - which Ive never had it do before.
Spiderhax almost always worked without fail. Sliderhax was always a bastard. But not like this.
Neither are working for me still.

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in a similar boat. I just downgraded to 9.2 and am trying to run sliderhax to get into the homebrew menu so I can install menuhax, and I've tried sliderhax I think about 15 times now, always crashes to home menu with "An error has occurred"

No idea what "downgrading the browserhax payload" means.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And how do you do that?
Can you explain or point me in the direction of how I can accomplish this?
Go here and go to where it says "Otherapp/ropbin payloads" and input your 3DS' firmware, then press the "Download ropbin" button, then rename the downloaded file browserhax_hblauncher_payload.bin and then you can actualy preform browserhax.

nickwhit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go here and go to where it says "Otherapp/ropbin payloads" and input your 3DS' firmware, then press the "Download ropbin" button, then rename the downloaded file browserhax_hblauncher_payload.bin and then you can actualy preform browserhax.
Thank you! Bout to try now.. will report back.

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not working for me. I downloaded the ropbin for 9.2.0-20U, renamed it to browserhax_hblauncher_payload.bin and put it on the root of my SD card, launched my browser, tapped the far right side of the slider... "An error has occurred" again. Going to keep trying, wish me luck.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, about the 8th time after doing that it finally worked. And now I have menuhax and hopefully will never have to do that browserhax shit again... Except my fiancee wants me to downgrade her 3ds... Oh god help me... :P

But anyway thank you so much for the help

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

nickwhit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not working for me?
I can now get into HBL from emunand through spiderhax successfully.. but I need menuhax > cntrl manager > rxtools boot.
And sliderhax still isnt working from sysnand with the payload bin on root of SD. Any idea what im doing wrong?

EDIT: Can get HBL, menuhax, and ctrl manager working on Emunand.. Its just the sysnand giving me issues trying to do any of these things.

Sysnand is on 9.2 while Emunand is 10.3

Last edited by nickwhit,

vinnegsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
where do I put this file? sd card's root?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up