Sleeping Pills ?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
test84 said:
If they are devil, why older people use it regularly ?

Because they'll die soon and don't have to worry about a lifelong addiction with terrifying withdrawals if they're unable to get their pill.

I'm mainly talking about the Benzodiazepine family of drugs but most of the prescription sleeping pills are dependence forming.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You said older people and I assumed you were talking about the elderly.

Lots of sleeping pills are easy to get and doctors hand them out quite readily.

Remember that cigarettes are legal and you can get those without a prescription. Lots of legal substances are 'the devil' so to speak.

General practitioners (for eg. your family doctor) can be surprisingly ignorant about habit forming drugs but many are starting to find out how much trouble they can cause. They used to sell methamphetamine and heroin in chemists over the counter - just because it's legal and your doctor prescribed it doesn't make it safe.

Basically what I think: You shouldn't be relying on any substance to help you sleep; it's bad. Natural healthy sleep is the best and almost everyone can achieve it if they look into WHY they have problems sleeping. Of course there's going to be a very small group of people who just have extreme chronic insomnia and these guys may need to be on meds the rest of their lives.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
my problem is that my sleeping time is distorted, I used to stay awake at nights for last 5,6 years and its really hard to get up at mornings and whenever I do the stay 24 + 12 hours and then sleep, it gets corrupted easily and is not a solid solution.

I even bought oxazepam 10 and they didnt help sleeping, as stated before.

Garouken

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i guess i got anxiety isssues...cause of a girl..and school... and i just met my birth mother since...20years..she left after i was born.

and, i somewhat worry about everything.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Garouken said:
i guess i got anxiety isssues...cause of a girl..and school... and i just met my birth mother since...20years..she left after i was born.

It worries me if you CAN sleep with all these situations!

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Heh, sleeping pills. The only time I took some was when I was lying in hospital for several weeks due to a heavy surgery. I could stay awake for 50+ hours (but it sucked, I felt like a plant, not being able to move and just look at my room all day - and if I moved, it was painful). So I asked for some sleeping pills and got them. Took two at once each evening and they never worked. And gave them up after the third try.

On the other hand, they gave me a pill two hours before the surgery, they said it's meant to relax me. Well, it certainly did, because I collapsed on my bed immediately. Sneaky bastards.
mad.gif

P.S.: Not everything was that bad. At that time, a presidential candidate was visiting in hospital, so I got to speak with him.
tongue.gif

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
test84 said:
Garouken said:

It worries me if you CAN sleep with all these situations!
I assume you're being ironic, test?

Go to a doctor. GBATemp is for games, not for medical prescription (I mean no offence to those willing to help you, but will and result are often different when not an expert dealing with this kind of stuff).
Also, personally, I'd try avoiding pills. It's the easy way out. If you can't handle yourself, what can you handle? It terrifies me the thought of ever getting to need some sort of medication, and those which are not 100% necessary (like analgesics/painkillers, except in extrem cases, or antidepressants if used inappropiately), I try to use them the least that I can.

Now someone will come and tell their own case, or their mom's, or whoever's. Well, I had suffered migraine for years and years since I was a kid (8 years old) and had to take analgesics (about one per day). Then got glasses and little by little it all came better (because my problem was in the eyes, it was astigmatism). However I still have those migraines sometimes and what I do is either trying to stay alright by myself trying not to think about the pain, or going to bed and getting some sleep. Then, it gets fixed and helps me avoding pills. I know lots of people who can't live with their aspirines, and that's horrible if one can avoid it.

I know it's not the same problem, but I hope you can see it's not necessary to go to the quickest way. A pill is no solution to most of our problems (and if it were, I think I'd choose it not to be). Go to a medic, take it easy and good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety