Hacking Sleep mode not working

Mechachu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I noticed that when the power light is blue, sleep mode appears to be working (the light fades in and out.) When the power is low (red light) it doesn't indicate that it's sleeping and drains the power fast. At either time when I open the 3DS the screen is off until opened. Any ideas?

Guess I should mention this is on emuNAND running 9.4.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, even when the light is red, it's still in sleep mode. The notification light should be blinking red too. Also, the battery drains a lot faster when running emuNAND and/or a game using Gateway.

Mechachu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, even when the light is red, it's still in sleep mode. The notification light should be blinking red too. Also, the battery drains a lot faster when running emuNAND and/or a game using Gateway.

Even in sleep mode though? Cuz it goes hella fast xD

krikkit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
gateway card uses power thats right... but not the emunand i think, its only the red cardridge which draws the power... for example if i have the red gateway card plugged in my shiny new 3ds xl (fully loaded) it is empty after a day of standby (without gaming), but if i do the same with emunand enabled und i remove the red cardrige after booting gateway mode, it looses only one bar in the power display after one day of standby... so it would last for about 3-4 days in standby when fully charged... so my solution to this power drain problem it to install the games as .cia and only insert the gateway card for booting (which is rearly needed)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the Gateway has a built in CPU so a bit more power is sent to the Gateway from the 3DS. And emuNAND is working in the big SD card so that also requires a bit more energy to read from the big SD card. At least, that's what I think.

Technically it's an FPGA (think programmable transistor gates vs transistors which load programs), but yes, this is most likely the issue. I believe the DSTWO has similar issues depending on if you're using it's MIPS processor or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs