Homebrew Sky3DS?

Famicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of buying Sky3DS since it can play Game ROMs and I'm currently struggling with Citra, which I don't believe has any gyro based functionalities, which is a must have for games like Mario and Luigi Dream Team.

I just have a few questions about it.

Does the MicroSD card you put in act like an SD card for the 3DS? Or is that simply where you put 3DS game roms? Can it run games besides 3DS?

Does it support cheat codes? And does it have save states?

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
I'm thinking of buying Sky3DS since it can play Game ROMs and I'm currently struggling with Citra, which I don't believe has any gyro based functionalities, which is a must have for games like Mario and Luigi Dream Team.

Does the MicroSD card you put in act like an SD card for the 3DS? Or is that simply where you put 3DS game roms? Can it run games besides 3DS?

just get cfw.. http://3ds.guide

Famicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, do you mean TWLoader? Oh on a lesser note how long does it take for 3dsutil to dump shared system font and everything else? Mine's stuck and I don't know if it's frozen or not.

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France

As they said CFW is better but I will answer your questions.

the MicroSD will containt .3ds (rom), .sav (save), settings.txt (self explanatory).
Sky3ds emulate a cartridge, there is no other features as cheat code, real time save,...
It can't (sadly) run anything else that non modded .3ds. Any modification in the .3ds data (mod) will make it unreadable by the Sky3ds.

Last edited by Molina,

Famicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, 3dsutils did freeze. Fixed it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't find a cfw emulator for 3DS games. Someone name one? I already got Luma3DS, Decrypt9, arm9loaderhax, an easy way into the homebrew launcher and everything.

Famicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, does anyone know what to use to emulate 3ds games on a 3DS without Citra or a third party cartridge (gateway/sky3ds etc)? I had trouble installing 3desmume, and I'm not even sure that one is good. Even with the .cia files, what would I run them from?

y0shim@ri0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You install .cia files, and also, 3desmume is a ds emulator. There is (currently) no way to run .3ds games without a lengthy process, and in turn only converts them to .cias. I recommend installing .cias with FBI.

Last edited by y0shim@ri0,

Famicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already installed .cia files to the point of installing programs like Decrypt9 and Luma3DS, with FBI.
Again, the reason I wanna emulate 3DS games on the 3DS without catridges or eshop downloads (from the SD card) is because Citra doesn't support gyro based controls yet, which are needed to beat games like Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.

y0shim@ri0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you want to run .3ds, but at this point in time, its literally impossible, you either need a cart or you install the .cia, theres no other way

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I already installed .cia files to the point of installing programs like Decrypt9 and Luma3DS, with FBI.
Again, the reason I wanna emulate 3DS games on the 3DS without catridges or eshop downloads (from the SD card) is because Citra doesn't support gyro based controls yet, which are needed to beat games like Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.
That is not how it works. You don't emulate 3DS on the 3DS.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Reactions: Quantumcat

Famicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not how it works. You don't emulate 3DS on the 3DS.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

And yet we have Loadiine for the Wii U. I was referring to something like Loadiine for the 3DS. Without the need for something like Sky3DS. Otherwise how do we use gyro controls on an emulator like Citra?

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Citra is a 3ds emulator for windows Linux and Mac... Why is it being compared to a real 3ds?

Follow the 3ds guide posted above and install your game with FreeShop or FBI plus the CIA file. There will be no emulation involved.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
And yet we have Loadiine for the Wii U. I was referring to something like Loadiine for the 3DS. Without the need for something like Sky3DS. Otherwise how do we use gyro controls on an emulator like Citra?
OMG.
Just read and follow 3ds.guide.
You can run pirated 3DS games to your heart's content with all the gyro controls you can poke a stick at.
Stop asking questions that make us facepalm until you have read it.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG.
Just read and follow 3ds.guide.
You can run pirated 3DS games to your heart's content with all the gyro controls you can poke a stick at.
Stop asking questions that make us facepalm until you have read it.
Famicon already said they have a9lh set up.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Famicon already said they have a9lh set up.
Wow, it's incredible he got so far with so little understanding.
@Famicon install freeShop (it's in the TitleDB feature of FBI), and in its settings section scan the QR code you can get from the 3ds titlekeys website, and you can download and install all the 3DS games you want, and yes with gyro controls as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-