Hacking Sky3DS released a new card - no limit for games.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I suppose it'd be intresting to have some compare the red and blue's hardware, just to see if anything signifigant was changed.

Well, other then the color of the light. That's a massive change amirite?

Soon enough reviews and comparisons will roll around. it's only been 2 days now.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Then again. If all that was changed is the limit, the fact that it still acts like a retail 3DS cart thus is 50/50 future proof also reasonably stands
oh i didnt mean they would be blocked or whatever.....just that if it did happen the actual hardware is probably non-updatable still so they couldn't do something like what gateway and bog standard NDS cards do i.e issue a FPGA update to try restore compatibility by tweaking the emulation a bit....i dont think they are very forward thinking in their hardware design.....or maybe they are, and they designed it to not be up-datable on purpose ;)

Reactions: Arithmatics

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
oh i didnt mean they would be blocked or whatever.....just that if it did happen the actual hardware is probably non-updatable still so they couldn't do something like what gateway and bog standard NDS cards do i.e issue a FPGA update to try restore compatibility by tweaking the emulation a bit....i dont think they are very forward thinking in their hardware design.....or maybe they are, and they designed it to not be up-datable on purpose ;)

Which still begs the question of what kind of exploit they're using. if it was hardware based as in they found something that every cartridge has then it'll be balls hard for nintendo to block that without issuing a whole new cartridge design.

If software then obviously much easier.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd sooner trust a company that is inept by now knowing how to makes saves work (sky) than a company that intentionally bricks their customer's hardware (gateway).

How quickly we forget that GW was eager to screw users. Now everyone treats them like canonized saints, harbingers of freedom, warriors of superb service. Until they change their mind and start bricking again.

Your choice. Never got any bricks with the Gateway and people that got one got a new 3DS from them (of course, legit users only. If you buy a clone and get bricked, I don't see why gateway should replace your 3DSm it's the company which sold you the clone that should replace/fix your 3DS). The brick has never been done to brick gateway users at the beginning but to brick clones, which is a completely different thing.

Here, you have a company which don't assume they tried to screw you, and don't even offer to replace the cart for first users, and as they know their limit won't make them sell anymore products, they remove it.

And as it been said, Nintendo also bricked some systems, so you just won't play most systems at all? I think we saw some bricks on near every game system (PSP, DS, PS3, 360, Wii, etc...).

But if you don't trust one, you should rather not trust the other part, who also tried to scam you.

Sky3DS is still cool for people who already updated, though (but one of the problem is that only run original games will block any fan translations, for example).

I wouldn't cry about a brick anyway, if you use an illegal device, you might lose, it's life. People who fear such thing shouldn't use such devices. With the money spare with the game, you should have plenty enough money to buy a new one if that happen (I got my 4.5 JPN 3DS for less than 80 dollars on Yahoo Auctions so it's pretty cheap).

I have another 3DS (9.2) with a lot of original games (like thirty games) so I wouldn't even need to buy a new one immediately. I mainly use the gateway for foreign games/vc games, and would never have bought one if the 3DS would have been free-region). Pokemon RO/SA is working on gateway and though, I still bought an original cart xD

D

Deleted-355425

you cant really 'trust' any company im afraid, they will cut corners and do things behind the curtains out of site... just enjoy the available options. if we only had 1 company that could bring a product to the table, they could charge 5x what they are for their product right now, and you would have to pay it.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
LOL so Im the one that should be nice when this email clearly show how competent you guys really are, and what your face really is. Please stop shaming yourself with a public profile.

image.php
Hey gatewayfanboy. Chill down :) you can still kiss and hug your gw every night before sleep.

Dezmond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Settled for the Sky3DS. Fact I can safely upgrade and just use the E-shop as I like is a big PRO in my opinion. With a price difference of only €10,- and features that suit my needs. I can't wait until it arrives :D

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Settled for the Sky3DS. Fact I can safely upgrade and just use the E-shop as I like is a big PRO in my opinion. With a price difference of only €10,- and features that suit my needs. I can't wait until it arrives :D
Can I ask you something? What are you gonna do when it gets blocked? I dont mean any disrespect or anything Im just asking.

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Pokemon RO/SA is working on gateway and though, I still bought an original cart xD

same here, the only reason i have gw is because since i was 5 i've been losing my nintendo cartridges so its cheaper if i have my games on 1 cart that stays in my 3ds, and i like to test a game to see if i will enjoy it, if i like it i'll buy the real one, normally i'll buy the game from nintendos online store, if its one of their games. and the big blue is also a good reason for g.w because i can have my estore games on my 3ds xl as well emunand 3ds and vise versa. tbf im going to stick with gateway but im going to get a sky 3ds just for my xl since its only pokemon games that ill play online with it which would be pal games so thats a non issue but i still have my emu nand gw 3ds which is my main thing to try games i started playing mh3u not sure what i think of it seems pretty boring, but i havent got out of the beginning area yet so ill play some more if ui get into it ill buy the retail cart and play that :P

Sapphire2408

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello people, I got one pretty important question.
On the tenth of this month, i ordered a Sky3DS via an official reseller (in this case : bestekauf). I did not pay though, so they awaited my payment. On the eleventh, the new Sky3DS arrived to the shop and replaced the other (the new one has the same article number). Today, I paid my card so I guess by tomorrow or the day after, they will ship it. Will they ship the new card or the old one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol