Hacking sky3ds private header

ravindranath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
i am system native 9.5.0-22u so i owna retail cartage but cannot dump due to no gateway mode can anyone lend me a private header i hope i will return soon, and for your kind information i am from india and no one knows about nintendo in our country

thanks in advance

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i do know what is private header but i need one even tough i have 3 retail ones :lol:

You are asking someone else for THEIR private header.. making it a PUBLIC header at that point. Nobody will give you their private headers. Find someone with a < 9.2 3DS and use your Sky3DS to load either CN or OOT and launch Gateway Menu to rip your carts.

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are asking someone else for THEIR private header.. making it a PUBLIC header at that point. Nobody will give you their private headers. Find someone with a < 9.2 3DS and use your Sky3DS to load either CN or OOT and put it in Gateway Mode to rip your carts.

Question. Can just the GW launcher (loading using the browser/mset exploit on a regular 3DS) dump ROMs, and thus headers? Do I have to have the cart?

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question. Can just the GW launcher (loading using the browser/mset exploit on a regular 3DS) dump ROMs, and thus headers? Do I have to have the cart?

Yes, just the launcher (Gateway Menu) can dump sysnand, format emunand, dump carts, dump/restore savegames, etc. The only thing you can't do is boot into Gateway Mode.

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, just the launcher (Gateway Menu) can dump sysnand, format emunand, dump carts, dump/restore savegames, etc. The only thing you can't do is boot into Gateway Mode.

Awesome. So if I bought a Sky3DS and borrowed a 4.5 console, I could dump my own header and not have to worry about that being an issue?

Thanks again!

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to be in gate
You are asking someone else for THEIR private header.. making it a PUBLIC header at that point. Nobody will give you their private headers. Find someone with a < 9.2 3DS and use your Sky3DS to load either CN or OOT and put it in Gateway Mode to rip your carts.
way mode to dump a cart. You just need launcher.dat and be able ton un an exploit appropriate for the system.

Awesome. So if I bought a Sky3DS and borrowed a 4.5 console, I could dump my own header and not have to worry about that being an issue?

Thanks again!
If you have a sky you have the ability to run CN and OOT exoloits so as long as the 3ds is 9.2 or below you are good to go.

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks again!

Technically, you can use a retail cart of CN or OOT and be able to dump headers. But they aren't really useful without a GW or Sky3DS :)

I've got a CN retail cart and a Sky3DS. Both let me launch Gateway Menu.

Thanks again!

I don't believe any of the 3.1.1 exploits work on the OG3DS. On 4.5 I think you can just use the browser exploit to load Gateway Menu.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
i am system native 9.5.0-22u so i owna retail cartage but cannot dump due to no gateway mode can anyone lend me a private header i hope i will return soon, and for your kind information i am from india and no one knows about nintendo in our country

thanks in advance

You could find someone to dump your retail headers for you. (Hint, hint)

ravindranath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
that is the problem here no one knows what is nintendo then how can anyone own a system

You are asking someone else for THEIR private header.. making it a PUBLIC header at that point. Nobody will give you their private headers. Find someone with a < 9.2 3DS and use your Sky3DS to load either CN or OOT and launch Gateway Menu to rip your carts.

i am asking if anyone can lend me a private id of another cart

see this

Attachments

• HNI_0003.JPG
    HNI_0003.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 282

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am system native 9.5.0-22u so i owna retail cartage but cannot dump due to no gateway mode can anyone lend me a private header i hope i will return soon, and for your kind information i am from india and no one knows about nintendo in our country. thanks in advance.

No. You would be stealing my copy. You're not welcome. Never going to happen.

Your only option is to find someone with a 3DS on 9.2 or below and use loader.dat from the GW Ultra 3.1 Pack and dump your original games to .3DS files. Then you can use ROM file to pass through No Ban No Sky to get headers and then put them onto the Sky3DS template file. Do you homework. Lots of threads with tutorials.

You do not need the actual Gateway carts to do this. This is all done by downloads for free.

But without the ROM dump, you're SOL.

So stop asking.

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is the problem here no one knows what is nintendo then how can anyone own a system

i am asking if anyone can lend me a private id of another cart

see this

You have 2 options. 1) find someone with or buy a <=9.2 3DS or 2) don't play pirated games online

You'll never convince anyone here to give you a truly private header. If you do manage to get one, you should assume it's not truly private and you are putting your console at the risk of being banned.

Reactions: Osmosis

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. You would still need Gateway or NinjaHax for that. Powersaves uses encryption. I know. I own one.
There is another thread on this that saves the power saves reads the header as its backing up the save data, and you would have to pull it from ram in order to view it.

But i didnt read all of the thread since no one had an app just said to use a hex editor.

pinserz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. You would be stealing my copy. You're not welcome. Never going to happen.

Your only option is to find someone with a 3DS on 9.2 or below and use loader.dat from the GW Ultra 3.1 Pack and dump your original games to .3DS files. Then you can use ROM file to pass through No Ban No Sky to get headers and then put them onto the Sky3DS template file. Do you homework. Lots of threads with tutorials.

You do not need the actual Gateway carts to do this. This is all done by downloads for free.

But without the ROM dump, you're SOL.

So stop asking.

I have a N3DS on 9.0 and a sky3ds. How do I dump the ROM file without an actual gateway? I am guessing I can load the exploit using CN but how would I dump the ROM without the gateway cart?

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is another thread on this that saves the power saves reads the header as its backing up the save data, and you would have to pull it from ram in order to view it.

But i didnt read all of the thread since no one had an app just said to use a hex editor.

Oh, you mean a MEMORY DUMP.

No, you didn't read all that thread. Good luck with that.

So, yeah, no.

And that method doesn't use Powersaves .SAV files. Powersaves is ENCRYPTED. You need to decrypt the savedata (GW or NinjaHax) before you can edit it. You DON'T need the Gateway carts to do it, it is for free if you have 9.2 or lower. But in this case... OP can't use loader.dat. Neither can I. I've tried. 9.5 blocks out loader.dat.

9.5.0-22U has an upside and that is you can still use PKHeX to pokegen and use browser to inject pokemon. You can find that tutorial on www.ProjectPokemon.org.

Once you update to 9.5.0-23U, blocked and might as well use 9.6.

The memory dump method is for simply getting header IDs onto Sky3DS if you don't have GW or NinjaHax, but it requires making dumps of both private and pulbic versions of the same game when connecting to an online feature (RISKING GETTING BANNED), then COMPARING THE TWO MEMORY DUMPS, and then finding the header IDs.

All in hex code.

Most people barely understand how to get Sky3DS to work.

That, and the user who knows how to do it is really busy and doesn't have the time to write a tutorial. So don't ask.

I've managed to make memory dumps, but the comparing part is really difficult.

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Oh wait, N3DS? Not sure if this works... someone confirm pls. You might need to use Cubic Ninja or ZeldaOOT on the Sky3DS to do this.

Dumping ROMs from 9.2 or lower simply requires getting the Gateway Ultra 3.1 Pack (download for free) and putting the loader.dat onto SD card and loading up browser to:

http://www.go-gateway.com/

From that menu you can:

A) BACKUP YOUR FIRMWARE!!!!! (DO IT 1ST)
B) Dump ROMs of original games

and I think you can

C) Dump savedata of original game from cart

A and B are most important. Dumping the ROM dumps the savedata, the header IDs, the whole thing. So after you make a backup of your firmware, dump your game.

From there you can use a PC to open up the ROM, pull the savedata file from ROM, and get private header IDs of ROM.

DO NOT SHARE YOUR PRIVATE HEADER IDS WITH ANYONE!!!!!! You risk getting banned if you do and they can steal your game. You may use them on the Sky3DS, just not both the original and the Sky3DS at the same time since they are the same game with same header IDs. Nintendo will block both of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs