chaoticlogic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I've been looking on the forums trying to put bits and pieces of info together, but maybe if someone could help me specifically with this, it would be awesome. Two questions.
1. I have a private header and saves with my blue button. How do I transfer those with the private header and the saves in tact?
2. For new games like Triforce Heroes, how would I go about getting my private header on that game to be safe online? Patch the game AND the cfg or just the game save in settings?

Thanks!

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See the FAQs on official site www.sky3DS.com or below:

Q: I just purchased the latest version of Sky3ds+. wonder if you have the instruction to edit the private header for the online game play?

A: Open the file settings.txt, add in the line "CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1" and save it, once got the file "xxxxx.CFG" for that online game built in your microSD card, open it and replace the value of the "GAMESAVE_KEY" with your private header info(Unique_ID), save it and enjoy your online play without ban risk!

Cybermage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See the FAQs on official site www.sky3DS.com or below:

Q: I just purchased the latest version of Sky3ds+. wonder if you have the instruction to edit the private header for the online game play?

A: Open the file settings.txt, add in the line "CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS=1" and save it, once got the file "xxxxx.CFG" for that online game built in your microSD card, open it and replace the value of the "GAMESAVE_KEY" with your private header info(Unique_ID), save it and enjoy your online play without ban risk!
I was just looking for this answer that is great thanks for the info

karibou35

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello and thx for the answer but I have one more question.
I did everything you said and access the GAMESAVE_KEY line but I don't know what to put in ? How can I get my private header info to replace it ?

chaoticlogic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@LurkerA So I don't need to patch the rom itself?
What about transferring old saves? I read to use backup 2 on diskwriter and to put it onto the (directory?) of the sd card for sky3ds+ but I am not sure. For AC:NL, for example, could I just backup 2 the save on diskwriter and write the rom and the save to sky3ds+? Would the save by default have the private header or would I have to configure it like a new game? Thanks for the answers!

EDIT: Can't we just use Windows formatting option to format it to FAT32? I have a 16gb micro sd.

Last edited by chaoticlogic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker