Hacking Sky3DS+ online play / private header help

khairdebay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here. I just bought New 3ds XL (current firmware 11.0.0.33U)and also sky3ds+ (v112) flash cart. I'm sorry for asking a lame question here. I already watch the tutorial on youtube about to obtain the private header in order to play online safely without getting banned. Unfortunately, I'm not very sure about the steps. Is it really need to have an original game card to get the private header? So every each of game that I need to play online is it need to have another original game card to get the private header? I thought it is easy because at Sky3DS website it sounds like an easy one. Please help me. Thank you for helping me.

ReapersCreepers

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi! I just got my 2DS last week and also purchased sky3ds+ to play online game.

U will need a original game, in my case i bought the Steel Diver as its the cheapest i can find locally.

Then i use PowerSaves Pro which i also bought locally to back up the Steel Diver game.
After backing up, close the Powersave application and on it again.
Then download HxD and under the Extras, go to Open Ram, and click on Power saves.
From there, you will need to find the Private Header.

Once found, copy the private header and put it under the settings.txt

This settings should help u copy the private header into new roms that u install in your micro sd card..

and u only need 1 private header per machine, not per rom...

Note: I might be wrong with some terms but so far its working for me

Reactions: khairdebay

khairdebay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I just got my 2DS last week and also purchased sky3ds+ to play online game.

U will need a original game, in my case i bought the Steel Diver as its the cheapest i can find locally.

Then i use PowerSaves Pro which i also bought locally to back up the Steel Diver game.
After backing up, close the Powersave application and on it again.
Then download HxD and under the Extras, go to Open Ram, and click on Power saves.
From there, you will need to find the Private Header.

Once found, copy the private header and put it under the settings.txt

This settings should help u copy the private header into new roms that u install in your micro sd card..

and u only need 1 private header per machine, not per rom...

Note: I might be wrong with some terms but so far its working for me
Thank you so much for helping. I will try it later

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-get-your-private-header-using-powersaves.385511/

I thought powersaves was only compatible with 10.7 or lower... Can you actually extract a private header on 11.0?
Powersaves is not a game cartrtidge. It is a usb dongle, with a 3ds/ds cartridge slot built in. Basically, you put the 3ds game into the game card slot from the dongle, plug dongle to usb, and use the powersaves app to backup saves, use cheats, and in this case, obtain the private header of a game. In short, powersaves will probably work on any firmware, even 11.0.

Last edited by NintenDavid,

stylo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Powersaves is not a game cartrtidge. It is a usb dongle, with a 3ds/ds cartridge slot built in. Basically, you put the 3ds game into the game card slot from the dongle, plug dongle to usb, and use the powersaves app to backup saves, use cheats, and in this case, obtain the private header of a game. In short, powersaves will probably work on any firmware, even 11.0.
Thanks a lot David. I don't know where I read that I needed an already hacked 3DS in order to get my private header. Looks like Powersaves is less than $20 and would probably be worth me picking up. Again, thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: NintenDavid

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to add to the discussion, if you already have save games (.SAV files in Sky3DS SD) then you will need to do the following to preserve saves:

1) Back these up using a save manager such as SVDT to your system SD Card (Requires access to Homebrew Launcher, I use Freakyhax)
2) Apply private header and delete any .SAV or .CFG files for any game you may have
3) Load up the games in the Sky3DS to regenerate .SAV and .CFG files (At this point I would put Sky3DS microSD card back in PC and use HxD to ensure header was applied to .SAV files correctly as precaution)
4) Re-inject your backed up saves using SVDT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: