Hacking sky3ds can work for 3ds 9.5.0-23

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The system update only changed the web browser, of course sky3ds would still work, it emulates a cart, nothing to do with the browser at all.

vahnx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you talking seriously?

>better hardware engineers
>They released a second version of flashcard because the scene found the way to break the 10-games limit, they didn't

>better software engineers
>used Gateway Go exploit to launch RegionThree, developed by smea (not by them), to allow regionfree
>They're not able to give more functionality than a cartridge dump loader.
>Their flashcard doesn't have update function

Then explain why Gateway straggles so much when it comes to Nintendo firmware updates whereas Sky3DS "just works"?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Then explain why Gateway straggles so much when it comes to Nintendo firmware updates whereas Sky3DS "just works"?
Because GW unlike Sky has full kernel access and thus full control over the console via a kernel (software) exploit. But thats also a downside because it can be very easily patched. Sky is more like an ODE. Very limited but it works. For now ;)

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Because one is based in a software exploit and the other is in a hardware exploit. Maybe a hardware exploit gives you more support, but it doesn't give to you full control of the console. A console firmware can be update, a cartridge doesn't (it seems GW has a deep knowledge of 3DS architecture, Sky3DS doesn't have deep knowledge even of their card (10-limit issue solved by scene)). So if you find a exploit in console firmware, it will be patched in the next update, in difference of a cartridge exploit.

Anyway, Devs said the cartridge emulation is not perfect: maybe the flashcard will never be blocked (I hope, because I have friends with Sky3DS), but it can be a way for Nintendo to detect the card and block it.

vahnx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because one is based in a software exploit and the other is in a hardware exploit.

Ah OK. I've always been a fan of hardware exploits personally even though they are typically limited. I plan to use my Sky3DS (when it arrives) with my old 3DS with WiFi off. Even if I do eventually turn WiFi on and get banned, it won't be that big a deal. I'm personally planning to attempt and backup all my current 3DS games to an SD card just so I can take it to the cottage and not have to port all my games with me, and there's no net on the lake!

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ah OK. I've always been a fan of hardware exploits personally even though they are typically limited. I plan to use my Sky3DS (when it arrives) with my old 3DS with WiFi off. Even if I do eventually turn WiFi on and get banned, it won't be that big a deal. I'm personally planning to attempt and backup all my current 3DS games to an SD card just so I can take it to the cottage and not have to port all my games with me, and there's no net on the lake!

I still preffer soft modding, because it is a gate for homebrew. That is the reason I don't wanna see Sky3DS as the leader of flashcards for new 3DS, because their solution are only for dumps of physical games, and not for homebrew. The extra processing power of new 3DS will be excelent for homebrew scene

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wait so now Sky3ds users HAVE to get games from their own region!?

To be honest, if any Sky3DS buyer was hoping for region-free, then he was purchasing the wrong card, since "regionthree" has been released very recently(like what, a month ago ?), and was a pain the ass to set-up from what I understand, and only worked on O3DS.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I still preffer soft modding, because it is a gate for homebrew. That is the reason I don't wanna see Sky3DS as the leader of flashcards for new 3DS, because their solution are only for dumps of physical games, and not for homebrew. The extra processing power of new 3DS will be excelent for homebrew scene

Cubic Ninja solves the hb 'problem' :)

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sky3DS can be blocked in a pretty easy way (speed checks...) : but easy doesn't mean quick ! They have to test each game to ensure there is no false positive.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why do ppl get their feelings hurt over which card is best?

I have a gateway and I think sky3ds is a good card it's more of a pick up and play and does the job.

This "card war" makes no sense at all.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Disclaimer : This is my opinion

Yes, the Sky3DS can be banned by checking the speed. But they really cannot implement it that way. What do you expect Nintendo to do? Run a sample benchmark everytime a game loads? Sure, it's possible but it's gonna annoy a lot of legit users by increased loading times. Not to mention there will be false positives.

I also don't get the flash cart wars. A lot of people get them for piracy. Both do it (In different ways) why take sides? TAKE EVERYTHING! :D

Reactions: DjoeN and Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv