Hacking SKY3DS blue button not switching games

Antonio_1992

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I'm new to the SKY3DS (just got mine today). I'm using a SanDisk ultra 16gb microsd (bought from mymemory) along side the SKY3DS, for some reason it doesn't change games when pushing the button.

To change games I have to press the button and eject the card and reinsert it for a new game.

If I press the button and it flashes it just stays flashing and doesn't switch games, if I press the button after ejecting and reinsert in, it sometimes stays solid only then after ejecting again will it change games.

Is this a fault with the microsd as I don't have a spare at the moment.

I am thinking of getting one of these
LEXAR 32GB HIGH SPEED MICRO SDHC CARD 633X CLASS 10 UHS-I U1 90MB/S + USB 3.0 READER, there currently £17 so if anyone has used one in a SKY3DS please let me know.

Last edited by Antonio_1992,

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Hello, I'm new to the SKY3DS (just got mine today). I'm using a SanDisk ultra 16gb microsd (bought from mymemory) along side the SKY3DS, for some reason it doesn't change games when pushing the button.

To change games I have to press the button and eject the card and reinsert it for a new game.

If I press the button and it flashes it just stays flashing and doesn't switch games, if I press the button after ejecting and reinsert in, it sometimes stays solid only then after ejecting again will it change games.

Is this a fault with the microsd as I don't have a spare at the moment.

I am thinking of getting one of these
LEXAR 32GB HIGH SPEED MICRO SDHC CARD 633X CLASS 10 UHS-I U1 90MB/S + USB 3.0 READER, there currently £17 so if anyone has used one in a SKY3DS please let me know.
I would try a few SD cards. SD cards are so cheap now anyways. Just pick up a few from walmart and see if it works. If you get the same problem with the new sd card/cards contact the seller of the Sky3ds and get a replacement.

Antonio_1992

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would try a few SD cards. SD cards are so cheap now anyways. Just pick up a few from walmart and see if it works. If you get the same problem with the new sd card/cards contact the seller of the Sky3ds and get a replacement.

Thanks, I've ordered the lexar microsd I mentioned at the end of my op so fingers crossed it's just my microsd giving me a hard time.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that sandisk should work if its a real card. you should run the h2testw test. theres also videos on youtube showing the differences between the real and fake microsds.

Antonio_1992

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've run the tests and my card is real, I reformatted it with disk writer and replaced the games and it seems to be working OK now and switching games within 6 seconds. The second card will be a bonus as I can put more of my favourite games on. Thanks again guys for the help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded