Sky3DS Blinking blue light will not stop

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ohana_Honokusu, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Ohana_Honokusu
    OP

Ohana_Honokusu GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2015
    Osaka
    My Blinking blue light problem got worse, don't know how. First, it could only play the first 2 games. Now, it can only play the first game. Is there any kind of software to fix this up? I have a Samsung 64gb card. What I mean by fix-up is to allow it to play ALL the games rather than just one.

cocoPika likes this.
  2. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Somewhere in the south
    Try going to the settings and backing out to the homescreen.

3. Misledz

Misledz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2015
    Eh are you using DW2.0? I hope you are, also if it blinks rapidly, wait for 5 seconds, eject, then place it back in and test again.

4. Ohana_Honokusu
    OP

Jan 28, 2015
    Osaka
    What settings?
    I am using DW 2.0, Anyways, It has that indefinitely blinking problem; It will not stop and I can't switch to my next game. I even did the method where you take out the microsd card and put it back in, and still no avail. Whatever the case may be, nothing will stop it from blinking infinitely

Last edited by Ohana_Honokusu, Oct 21, 2015
  5. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Somewhere in the south
    System settings. That worked for my friend.

6. Ohana_Honokusu
    OP

Jan 28, 2015
    Osaka
    They had this problem too(Only can play the first game) with a Samsung card too?

7. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Somewhere in the south
    I think so.

8. gallymimu

gallymimu EE Expert

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    try a different microsd card and see if it behaves differently. You need to determine if it is a sd card problem or your actual flash cart.

Also, it seems that people have had good luck re-partitioning and reformatting their sd cards to another file system and then formatting again with DW.

without more troubleshooting it could be:
    - your flash cart is bad
    - your sd card isn't compatible
    - your formatting on the sd card is jacked

9. Ohana_Honokusu
    OP

Jan 28, 2015
    Osaka
    How can I repartition my sd card? Also what file system should it be formatted before being formatted by DW?

10. gallymimu

gallymimu EE Expert

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I'd just start with a reformat and see if that helps, then if that doesn't work try a partitioning tool like minitools or partition magic or easus partition manager.

I don't know what format people have had best luck with but NTFS is most complex so that might change the most data on the card.

Again, I haven't done this myself but have just seen people talk about it a bunch on the forum. It's odd that reformatting would even work unless DW has some internal problems that allows it to read data areas that it never writes to or sets up properly.

11. Ohana_Honokusu
    OP

Jan 28, 2015
    Osaka
    So doing everything you said can potentially make my cruddy Samsung microsd card work just as good as a Sandisk microsd card?

12. gallymimu

gallymimu EE Expert

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    no, that's not what I am saying at all, but, if you have a GOOD SD card and it stopped working right it might be a formatting problem, albeit unlikely. You very well may need to just focus on getting compatible cards.