Hacking Sky3DS Blinking blue light will not stop

Ohana_Honokusu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My Blinking blue light problem got worse, don't know how. First, it could only play the first 2 games. Now, it can only play the first game. Is there any kind of software to fix this up? I have a Samsung 64gb card. What I mean by fix-up is to allow it to play ALL the games rather than just one.

Reactions: cocoPika

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Eh are you using DW2.0? I hope you are, also if it blinks rapidly, wait for 5 seconds, eject, then place it back in and test again.

Ohana_Honokusu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Try going to the settings and backing out to the homescreen.
What settings?
Eh are you using DW2.0? I hope you are, also if it blinks rapidly, wait for 5 seconds, eject, then place it back in and test again.
I am using DW 2.0, Anyways, It has that indefinitely blinking problem; It will not stop and I can't switch to my next game. I even did the method where you take out the microsd card and put it back in, and still no avail. Whatever the case may be, nothing will stop it from blinking infinitely

Last edited by Ohana_Honokusu,

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try a different microsd card and see if it behaves differently. You need to determine if it is a sd card problem or your actual flash cart.

Also, it seems that people have had good luck re-partitioning and reformatting their sd cards to another file system and then formatting again with DW.

without more troubleshooting it could be:
- your flash cart is bad
- your sd card isn't compatible
- your formatting on the sd card is jacked

Ohana_Honokusu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
try a different microsd card and see if it behaves differently. You need to determine if it is a sd card problem or your actual flash cart.

Also, it seems that people have had good luck re-partitioning and reformatting their sd cards to another file system and then formatting again with DW.

without more troubleshooting it could be:
- your flash cart is bad
- your sd card isn't compatible
- your formatting on the sd card is jacked
How can I repartition my sd card? Also what file system should it be formatted before being formatted by DW?

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I repartition my sd card? Also what file system should it be formatted before being formatted by DW?

I'd just start with a reformat and see if that helps, then if that doesn't work try a partitioning tool like minitools or partition magic or easus partition manager.

I don't know what format people have had best luck with but NTFS is most complex so that might change the most data on the card.

Again, I haven't done this myself but have just seen people talk about it a bunch on the forum. It's odd that reformatting would even work unless DW has some internal problems that allows it to read data areas that it never writes to or sets up properly.

Ohana_Honokusu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd just start with a reformat and see if that helps, then if that doesn't work try a partitioning tool like minitools or partition magic or easus partition manager.

I don't know what format people have had best luck with but NTFS is most complex so that might change the most data on the card.

Again, I haven't done this myself but have just seen people talk about it a bunch on the forum. It's odd that reformatting would even work unless DW has some internal problems that allows it to read data areas that it never writes to or sets up properly.
So doing everything you said can potentially make my cruddy Samsung microsd card work just as good as a Sandisk microsd card?

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So doing everything you said can potentially make my cruddy Samsung microsd card work just as good as a Sandisk microsd card?

no, that's not what I am saying at all, but, if you have a GOOD SD card and it stopped working right it might be a formatting problem, albeit unlikely. You very well may need to just focus on getting compatible cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4