SKY 3DS+ still good in 2022?

jamal_bao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
hello, i am asking this beacuse i want to buy one. i do not want to try to mod my console because i barely use it as it is a special edition

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It wasn't even that good when it was new. 3DS flashcarts suffered from a lot of issues that made them outdated when software CFWs started becoming easier and safer to install. There are actually fewer risks involved in modding your system compared to a flashcart. Removing the CFW is actually quite easy and safe compared to the risk of being banned due to header issues you risk with flashcarts.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since its simply possible to softmod each 3DS with ntr-boot, Flashcards are outdated. U see no visual difference in the 3DS system but u got a open system that can use homebrew. The cfw can also reversed uninstalled.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It normaly cost about 80-90€. And It seems to be plug and play. So its a good try. But be sure it supports latest 3DS firmware version. Then U need games in .3ds format instead cia. Be sure u have them.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use it if you want but the scene doesn't really support Sky3ds/stargate 3ds flashcart, there is just so much CFW can do that flashcart can't.

jamal_bao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

Attachments

• sky.jpg
    sky.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 81

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the sky3ds+ , the one with two orange buttons
I use to own and use a Sky3ds. This is created by the same TX members that made the SX Pro for switch. - It is a PAIN to use this, while at the time it was OK. It is no longer good. You have to use specific software to load the roms on to a micro sd. The orange button is the second generation from what I had, I owned the blue button. Now, when the card is in console, a game appears, you push the orange button forward, a different game appears, back button, previous game. The original blue button just cycled through. Remember, every game using a sky3ds has to be signed, aka, has to be the genuine rom. no home-brew apps or flexibility like you get with CFW. just spend 30 minutes and install CFW on your 3DS, its more useful, easier to install games, apps etc.

tdemileto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello, i am asking this beacuse i want to buy one. i do not want to try to mod my console because i barely use it as it is a special edition
I wouldn’t do that. The are better ways to install games. And if you’re unlucky like me, in a while your sky3ds will present errors and switch off all the time

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I wouldn’t do that. The are better ways to install games. And if you’re unlucky like me, in a while your sky3ds will present errors and switch off all the time
A sky3ds+ (plus, orange buttons) is still useful to just test a bunch of games without any installation, which is a pain, only partially aliviated by the custom-install thing.
When you really want to play a game, you'd better install it, certainly.
Particularly, sky3ds+ tends to corrupt savedata for certain specific games, which is quite irritating.

tdemileto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A sky3ds+ (plus, orange buttons) is still useful to just test a bunch of games without any installation, which is a pain, only partially aliviated by the custom-install thing.
When you really want to play a game, you'd better install it, certainly.
Particularly, sky3ds+ tends to corrupt savedata for certain specific games, which is quite irritating.
Thank you for the answer, that corrupt data is happening to me, it's so annoying.

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
For 20$ it's worth it. Although I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't want to mod your system since it's going to lose eshop access soon.

Reactions: scionae

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.