Hacking SKY 3ds blue button

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP
..what? of corse they all work and save fine. the first 10 games would all be perfect, and save to the EEPROM slots, and everything else would run EEPROM no, but work anyway because the vast majority of games are already compatible with EEPROM NO with the current template.

the point is, your going around saying, 'YEAH THESE GAMES WORK GREAT' when actually, they might not. any game with EEPROM YES would work fine. but when EEPROM is NO, thats not guarnteed. its likly, but not for sure. so your giving a possible false positive. the fact that your even arguing this, and saying things like 'i'll just show off my disk writer!!! its proof!!!' when it literally shows nothing, just shows it. please don't say things like that unless you know what your talking about.

i have PERSONALLY tested what i am saying, i KNOW for a FACT the diffrence between saves on EEPROM and saves on the micro sd rom. for example, i saved, and backed up pokemon alpha saphire on one micro SD, then ran it with another, and the save was there. but if i ran it with a normal not backed up alpha saphire, the save was not there, proving EEPROM NO saves to the rom in the micro sd.

for kid icarus uprising, i set EEPROM to yes, and completed the first chapter of the game and saves. then i wrote the rom to another sd, not getting any saves, or even touching the first micro SD at all, and the save showed up when i ran the game on the second micro SD, because when EEPROM = YES it saves to the cart's 10 save slots.

your just telling incorrect info, and getting confused because the blue button auto changes eeprom status for you when you run the games.

i'm not suprised you won't reformat your micro SD to prove your point. even if you were right, its a pain in the ass, but the matter of the fact is that you are wrong on how you think the sky3ds works.

i'm just trying to help you understand, and to help other users from misunderstand thanks to what your saying, please don't get mad, just learn. i don't want to start a war.
I have eeprom no games which is part of the first 10 games and they save fine and work fine so I don't know what your issue is to be honest I'm giving no false positives at all who cares where the save actually saves the main thing is you can back up and restore all of your saves to which the blue button does I can't comment on how your red button one works but the blue one is fine also I did write my re write my roms the day I bought it as one game I had issues with so I reformated and none of my saves were there so it seems the blue is different to the red but you can only speculate they are the same as you haven't tested the blue

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP
the region, is your DS's region. the three regions that exist, are NA, EU, and JP. your 3ds must be one of those 3. my compatibility chart is for NA roms.

i cannot liny you to roms...i don't think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 420
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 432

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue button can have and save more than 10 games it's the template what changes eeprom to yes or no on the blue cart I have 22 games on mine 2 are eeprom no check my above post And yes metal gear solid is working and saving fine on my cart which is blue and one of my 22 games

THANK YOU Da1e85
This was precisely the answer I was looking for.
What I really needed to know was if the BLUE card was able to run games bigger than 2GB (ie Metal Gear 3D), and it does.

Multiboy2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you got it...wrong.
IF EEPROM = YES THEN SAVE INTO SKY3DS CART (this cannot be accessed by us, at all, short of taking apart the sky3ds cart and getting a eeprom reader)
IF EEPROM = NO then it saves onto the ROM. the rom however is on the micro sd card, so it does technically save to the micro sd card.

also, fantasy life uses normal saving. you can treat it like a normal 2GB 3ds game. (most 3ds games a 2GB or lower, even monster hunter)

next, you get a MICRO sd card, not a sd card. they are very small. usually wherever you buy them from will also give you a micro sd converter for free. by default they give you one that convers into a sd card to put into your PC, but i prefer a micro sd to USB converter, as not all PC's have a SD card slot, and i just prefer USB overall.

as for space, get ATLEAST the 8 GB, it would only have very few games tho, like 2-3. the 16GB would be alot better, holding about 7. 32 would be best, but they tend to be pricey, still they would hold everything you want. personally i'd say TWO 16GB micro sd cards, but if you never had a micro sd card before, one would be better, as with two its easy to lose one of them on axident (they are really fuckin tiny)

last, your first 10 EEPROM = YES roms will save onto the sky3ds cart. neither the red or blue button have more then 10 YES EEPROM save slots. the blue button will auto change EEPROM YES to EEPROM NO by itself, so its less work for the user, the red button does not.

for ALL carts, red or blue, whenever your using eeprom=no, here is the compatibility chart i made so far. the compatibility is based on the template, and the sky3ds team releases new templates every few days with bug fixes. adding more and more compatible games. an example is two days ago persona Q and the harvest moon games were added as playable, except for one of them. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZUSaCSxa8M-wPfvHtnlnJGAqjRsxkPa4hsuNCIjkLOE/edit#gid=0

PS: 4GB roms can work fine, however some require RED button users to change the template a different way then they normally would. however for blue button users, because the cart auto changes the eeprom status for you from yes to no after the cart runs out of save slots, BLUE button users do not need to worry about this. either way, 4GB roms work fine on red or blue.

Dawn I think the confusion in your mind is coming from the fact that you dont actually own a BLUE card.
You keep applying RED card rules to Blue cards. You are in error. Period.
Da1e85 actually owns a BLUE card and he keeps telling you that all of his 22+ games and saves are working perfectly. Meanwhile, you are theorizing about his already proven facts. *sigh*

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the region, is your DS's region. the three regions that exist, are NA, EU, and JP. your 3ds must be one of those 3. my compatibility chart is for NA roms.

i cannot liny you to roms...i don't think.

No, linking to ROMs == warning and/or ban. You could, however, pm them the filenames and CRC/MD5/SHA1s of dumps you have tested and found good.

Reactions: da1e85

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
THANK YOU Da1e85
This was precisely the answer I was looking for.
What I really needed to know was if the BLUE card was able to run games bigger than 2GB (ie Metal Gear 3D), and it does.

all carts run games bigger then 2GB, i already said so.. but some games still won't work thanks to compatability.

I have eeprom no games which is part of the first 10 games and they save fine and work fine so I don't know what your issue is to be honest I'm giving no false positives at all who cares where the save actually saves the main thing is you can back up and restore all of your saves to which the blue button does I can't comment on how your red button one works but the blue one is fine also I did write my re write my roms the day I bought it as one game I had issues with so I reformated and none of my saves were there so it seems the blue is different to the red but you can only speculate they are the same as you haven't tested the blue

i see your going full on ignorant now. plenty of people will care where it saves the games. games that actually run EEPROM = YES cannot be backed up, and a select few may not run at all depending on the game. and no, you ignorant twat, you can't back up all your saves. you can only back up some. now as your writing them all as eeprom = no, and you likely ran then in no specific order on your 3ds, you probably have no idea what the 10 games are that you can't back up. the fact that you cannot back them up is a cold hard fact, unless you have some hardware to open your sky3ds cartridge and connect it to you PC.

also how the hell are you claiming blue is different, when in your own post, YOU SAY AND ADMIT, you had a COMPATIBILITY ISSUE with one of your games, and had to re write all your roms because of it, and you even admit "none of my saves were there". obviously your just trying to 'win some argument' at this point, but for the sake of the people reading this i have to make it clear.

do NOT trust this guy, he admits that a game had problems, corrupting his micro sd and causing him to re write his games losing his saves, being borderline ignorant the sky3ds team themself said the blue cart changes eeprom status itself regardless of what diskwriter says, and yet he is going to sit here and call games okay or not without any real knowledge of anything. you are just borderline wrong.

while metal gear solid may indeed work, noone has said anything about it except for you, and considering how pretty much, literally everything you have said has been either wrong, or lies, i just plain don't trust what your saying as proof its compatible for eeprom = no. hell, thats to those pictures you posted, thats pretty hard proof you have no idea what games of your are set to yes or no EEPROM in the first place.

it is a hard fact, that so many games cannot be run successfully on EEPROM yes together on the cart, there is just not that many save slots on the cart, continuing your argument is anything short of pointless, because you are just borderline wrong, and even if other will frown at me for it, i'll go ahead and say you are dumb. i was just trying to help you understand, but i guess you blatantly refuse. go on ahead claiming the sky3ds devs themselves are wrong in their posts, i don't care anymore, your ignorance is unreal.

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, linking to ROMs == warning and/or ban. You could, however, pm them the filenames and CRC/MD5/SHA1s of dumps you have tested and found good.

i know i can take a pretty good guess linking wrongs is a no no. i'm not doing it even if he asks with a pretty please.

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP
Dawn I think the confusion in your mind is coming from the fact that you dont actually own a BLUE card.
Da1e85 actually owns a BLUE card and he keeps telling you that all of his 22+ games and saves are working perfectly. Meanwhile, you are theorizing about his already proven facts. *sigh*

Mine should arrive tomorrow. Now, im greatly looking forward to it! Thanks for posting your research, Da1e85.
no problem it's pretty crude research as i don't profess to be an expert but me explaining my findings in baby speech as it were might make it easier for people who I not clued up like me to make a better decision to what they want. Trust me when I say if something was not quite right or something didn't work I'd be the first to shout up about it. I jumped straight into getting a sky3ds when I researched gateway. As I didn't want to wait for an unknown eta on the next gw update and I couldn't be happier unlimited games on sd plug and play and all round an easy system to use

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP
all carts run games bigger then 2GB, i already said so.. but some games still won't work thanks to compatability.

i see your going full on ignorant now. plenty of people will care where it saves the games. games that actually run EEPROM = YES cannot be backed up, and a select few may not run at all depending on the game. and no, you ignorant twat, you can't back up all your saves. you can only back up some. now as your writing them all as eeprom = no, and you likely ran then in no specific order on your 3ds, you probably have no idea what the 10 games are that you can't back up. the fact that you cannot back them up is a cold hard fact, unless you have some hardware to open your sky3ds cartridge and connect it to you PC.

also how the hell are you claiming blue is different, when in your own post, YOU SAY AND ADMIT, you had a COMPATIBILITY ISSUE with one of your games, and had to re write all your roms because of it, and you even admit "none of my saves were there". obviously your just trying to 'win some argument' at this point, but for the sake of the people reading this i have to make it clear.

do NOT trust this guy, he admits that a game had problems, corrupting his micro sd and causing him to re write his games losing his saves, being borderline ignorant the sky3ds team themself said the blue cart changes eeprom status itself regardless of what diskwriter says, and yet he is going to sit here and call games okay or not without any real knowledge of anything. you are just borderline wrong.

while metal gear solid may indeed work, noone has said anything about it except for you, and considering how pretty much, literally everything you have said has been either wrong, or lies, i just plain don't trust what your saying as proof its compatible for eeprom = no. hell, thats to those pictures you posted, thats pretty hard proof you have no idea what games of your are set to yes or no EEPROM in the first place.

it is a hard fact, that so many games cannot be run successfully on EEPROM yes together on the cart, there is just not that many save slots on the cart, continuing your argument is anything short of pointless, because you are just borderline wrong, and even if other will frown at me for it, i'll go ahead and say you are dumb. i was just trying to help you understand, but i guess you blatantly refuse. go on ahead claiming the sky3ds devs themselves are wrong in their posts, i don't care anymore, your ignorance is unreal.
I didn't corrupt my sd card the issue I had was animal crossing which was messed up in the latest template so I had to rewrite it with an older template that's all once I rewrote that and the rest I reformatted to change the order of my games and they was no saves in eeprom or anywhere cos none showed up. I then restored all my saves and walla they all restored. If you wanna link a post from the sky3ds team regarding that info you state they have written crack on because of you look on their website it states all saves can now be backed up and restored regardless I have the card I have done the tests and I know the truth save up your pocket money by a blue card and you will see

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

it is a hard fact that both blue and red cards can only save so many games to the EEPROM slots. the sky3ds team themself said that what the blue card does is change EEPROM to NO before it runs the game if there is no more EEPROM slots. before it runs the game, it treats the game as if EEPROM = what it says on diskwriter.

so while the blue card can bypass the invisable game select bug, if on the current template, a blue card user tried to run mario tennis 3DS when all their EEPROM slots were taken up, it would still crash the system. he even admited in his post one game he had on the micro sd when it first arrived corrupted his micro sd and he could not get his saves.

my information is not wrong.

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP
it is a hard fact that both blue and red cards can only save so many games to the EEPROM slots. the sky3ds team themself said that what the blue card does is change EEPROM to NO before it runs the game if there is no more EEPROM slots. before it runs the game, it treats the game as if EEPROM = what it says on diskwriter.

so while the blue card can bypass the invisable game select bug, if on the current template, a blue card user tried to run mario tennis 3DS when all their EEPROM slots were taken up, it would still crash the system. he even admited in his post one game he had on the micro sd when it first arrived corrupted his micro sd and he could not get his saves.

my information is not wrong.
no i never said my sd card was corrupted at all I said once I reinstalled my games there was no saves in the sky3ds cart or sd card so they wasn't permantantly saved like you quoted so with my games 10 limit eeprom taken up your now saying the rest of the games don't work is that right and they crash the system because all my games are working fine don't you think I test them

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't corrupt my sd card the issue I had was animal crossing which was messed up in the latest template so I had to rewrite it with an older template that's all once I rewrote that and the rest I reformatted to change the order of my games and they was no saves in eeprom or anywhere cos none showed up. I then restored all my saves and walla they all restored. If you wanna link a post from the sky3ds team regarding that info you state they have written crack on because of you look on their website it states all saves can now be backed up and restored regardless I have the card I have done the tests and I know the truth save up your pocket money by a blue card and you will see

of corse your eeprom saves won't show up, they are saved on cart. before you asked who cares, the answer is if you did not save to eeprom, you could have backed up your saves and had access to them. for example, i could give you a clone of my pokemon X save file. but when EEPROM = yes i cannot do that.

also, they were all...restored? god damn it, stop ignoring my god damn posts, how many times do i have to say this, they weren't ****ing restored, EEPROM saves to the cart, and your cart wasn't corrupt, only your micro sd. you hitting 'restore saves' did literally nothing. if you knew technology, you know that hitting reformat deletes everything. obviously you didn't 'restore' anything if you deleted it all. they were just on the cart from the beginning. if this happened to someone however who had say 18 diffrent games saved, he would have lost about 8 games worth of saves. this didn't happen to you because you had just gotten you card and did not play all your roms yet to make saves.

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP
I obviously backed my saves up first before I reformatted So why when I reinstalled the games and tested them before I restored my saves just to make sure the games themselves were fine was there no saves it was like a fresh start nothing saved to the cart or to the sd card and yes I did make saves with all the games for the purpose of testing and my sd card was not corrupted at any stage in this

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP
So why when I reinstalled the games and tested them before I restored my saves just to make sure the games themselves were fine was there no saves it was like a fresh start
I obviously backed my saves up first before I reformatted So why when I reinstalled the games and tested them before I restored my saves just to make sure the games themselves were fine was there no saves it was like a fresh start nothing saved to the cart or to the sd card and yes I did make saves with all the games for the purpose of testing and my sd card was not corrupted at any stage in this
and I have saves for all of my games

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no i never said my sd card was corrupted at all I said once I reinstalled my games there was no saves in the sky3ds cart or sd card so they wasn't permantantly saved like you quoted so with my games 10 limit eeprom taken up your now saying the rest of the games don't work is that right and they crash the system because all my games are working fine don't you think I test them

ARRRRGH, YOU KEEP CHANGING YOUR GOD DAMN STORY. you are seriously pissing me off. i should just walk away, but i'll throw one last post at you.

fine, now you say it did delete your saves, instead of did not. whatever. but these own words of your, this proof, is your undoing. after all,

IF YOU HAD A CORRUPT GAME THAT DELETED EVERYTHING, THEN OBVIOUSLY IT DIDN'T WORK RIGHT WITH THE PREVIOUS TEMPLATE BECAUSE YOU "the issue I had was animal crossing which was messed up in the latest template so I had to rewrite it with an older template" PROVING THAT EITHER WAY, YOUR BLUE BUTTON MIRACLE YOUR SO SOLID ON DEFENDING GOT CORRUPT ON A KNOWN CORRUPT ROM AND DELETED YOUR SAVES JUST AS OTHER USERS HAVE REPORTED. MEANING IT DOESN'T RUN EVERYTHING FINE NOW DOES IT.

and better yet

IF ALL YOUR GAMES REALLY DID SAVE TO EEPROM AS YOU CLAIM, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE LOST ANY, ANY SAVE FILES AT ALL, BECAUSE THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE BLUE BUTTON CART INSTEAD OF LOST VIA CORRUPT ROM ANIMAL CROSSING ON THE MICRO SD CARD.

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP
I'm not claiming they save to eeprom I'm claiming all my games back up and restore wherever they are saved and I'm not changing my story my saves didn't corrupt.animal crossing wouldn't start because of a template issue which sky3ds even acknowledged the only reason I lost all my saves was because I deleted them when I reformatted and I didn't technically lose them because I had them backed up I never once stated anywhere that animal crossing lost all my saves buy a blue card mate and you will see I'm saying it exactly how it is now because the red card has the fix to allow unlimited games that's where issues can arise which again is on sky3ds website but again they said for the blue card it's not an issue

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

"they was no saves in eeprom or anywhere cos none showed up. I then restored all my saves and walla they all restored."

if they were saves to eeprom, they would have showed up.

also, just so anyone sees why i'm getting so confused, and pissed off, let me throw down two directly contrasting quotes from him.

"they was no saves in eeprom or anywhere cos none showed up."
"none of my saves were there"

"no i never said my sd card was corrupted at all""I have saves for all of my games "

listen you two faced troll, you either lost your saves, or you did not lose your saves. you do not both have, and have lost your saves. they were either lost when your micro sd card was corrupt from animal crossing, or they were not lost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzg7Y5Bwk4Q