Hacking Size of game cart that private header taken from.... does it matter?

Bloodangel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi

i would like to know if it makes any difference if i take a private header from a 512mb game cart, or a 4gb game cart... makes any difference?

i have got myself a private header from my 512mb game cart.... i was told it doesnt matter on the size of the game cart, as a header is just a header... a unique ID for a game cart.

But i have also read, that its best to use a private header from a 4gb game cart... as you can then play any game rom 4gb or smaller.
If use a private header from a 512mb game cart.. then it will give error or possible ban if used on a big game rom like Monster Hunter 4 or Super Smash Bros..... is this true?

Also, if it is true, is it possible to edit the private header, so that it thinks its from a 4gb game cart?

thanks

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah header covers the chipID rom size and cart manufacturer etc, these are all derived from the cart itself anyway apart from the cart manufacturer, that has to be tested one by one unless you are making a legit backup so you know the proper settings for the game

but really nobody can say something is truly "safe", but its better than using public headers

Bloodangel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah header covers the chipID rom size and cart manufacturer etc, these are all derived from the cart itself anyway apart from the cart manufacturer, that has to be tested one by one unless you are making a legit backup so you know the proper settings for the game

but really nobody can say something is truly "safe", but its better than using public headers

I created a back up from a rubbish game cart i will never sell, just so i could get my own private header from it.
im not sure what you mean by cart manufacturer has to be tested one by one.... do i have to do this?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I created a back up from a rubbish game cart i will never sell, just so i could get my own private header from it.
im not sure what you mean by cart manufacturer has to be tested one by one.... do i have to do this?
nope, sky3ds template covers all that stuff, you just need to use one of the uniqueID injection tools to replace the public headers in the template file with your private header

Bloodangel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
oh nope you should be fine, they have all the rest of the info in the template file, so you just need to provide the uniqueID

if i create my own private header that has parts of info missing, and inject into sky3ds template, wont it overwrite the info in there... ermmm i mean info already in there includes all data for a game, but with a public header. If over written with my private header, it will then include the private header but have other info missing?

Bloodangel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the info m8.
wonder why some say its best to get a private header from a 4gb game cart...and that cant play big game roms with a private header from a small game cart?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill