Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys.

So I used that simplistic mod found here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901&st=0

You guys have seen this right?

Anyways, I followed every part of the guide, so I don't think anything was missed. I tried playing some back-ups and it worked very well.

But now I have two problems.

One, I can't get into System Options. It says something like "Could not read http://(something something something)" And it brings be back to the main screen, where all the channels are.

My other problem is, I can't load any channels through my SD card. It just freezes up when I try.

I want to get rid of this softmod, but have no idea where to begin. If there's any guide on how to uninstall all the cIOS's and things like that, could you tell me how to use it, and if it's safe?

Like I said earlier, I can't get into my System Options, so reformatting the whole thing is out of the question.

I don't want to pay $80+ to send it to Nintendo.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slow down, don't panic. You probably have a semi-brick. The cIOSes do not cause this issue, and none of the IOS or program installs in the guide will cause this sort of problem assuming all went well. What is most likely is that your Wii botched an install of Preloader or the System Menu. The easiest way to fix this is to make sure you have the correct System Menu IOS and then reinstall the System Menu. The directions will vary depending on what you've done.

First off, provide some information to help us help you:
1. What System Menu are you on?
2. Which method of backup loading did you use? Disc loading via Neogamma/Softchip, cIOSCORP, or USB Loader?
3. Do you have BootMii installed as Boot2 or as IOS?
4. Do you have Preloader/Priiloader installed?

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no idea what your problem is, but it certainly wasn't caused by the simplistic mod.

Thousands of people have used it, and I personally have done at least 10 Wiis with it. I've never had any issues whatsoever.

Either there was something wrong with your Wii before you started, or you screwed up somewhere and didn't follow the guide exactly.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can start the system menu but cannot mess around in the settings, the most likely cause is that you used preloader or starpatch or some other hack and are using the wrong IOS for your system menu. The proper IOS to use for this depends on what system menu version you have. But it should end in 0. IOS30 for 3.2, IOS60 for 4.2, IOS70 for 4.2, etc.

zackfiles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Szalkow said:
Slow down, don't panic. You probably have a semi-brick. The cIOSes do not cause this issue, and none of the IOS or program installs in the guide will cause this sort of problem assuming all went well. What is most likely is that your Wii botched an install of Preloader or the System Menu. The easiest way to fix this is to make sure you have the correct System Menu IOS and then reinstall the System Menu. The directions will vary depending on what you've done.

2. Which method of backup loading did you use? Disc loading via Neogamma/Softchip, cIOSCORP, or USB Loader?

1. What System Menu are you on? 4.2
2. Which method of backup loading did you use? Disc loading via Neogamma/Softchip, cIOSCORP, or USB Loader? Softchip
3. Do you have BootMii installed as Boot2 or as IOS? Both
4. Do you have Preloader/Priiloader installed? I'm not sure...

Can you tell me how I can fix/reinstall the System Menu?

And thanks for helping me out, I really appreciate it.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zackfiles said:
Szalkow said:

1. What System Menu are you on? 4.2
2. Which method of backup loading did you use? Disc loading via Neogamma/Softchip, cIOSCORP, or USB Loader? Softchip
3. Do you have BootMii installed as Boot2 or as IOS? Both
4. Do you have Preloader/Priiloader installed? Yes

Can you tell me how I can fix/reinstall the System Menu?

And thanks for helping me out, I really appreciate it.
The problem with the Options is caused by a setting in Pre/priiloader that is set to have the system menu boot up using IOS249. Change that to IOS70 from the Priiloader settings.

zackfiles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
giantpune said:
if you can start the system menu but cannot mess around in the settings, the most likely cause is that you used preloader or starpatch or some other hack and are using the wrong IOS for your system menu. The proper IOS to use for this depends on what system menu version you have. But it should end in 0. IOS30 for 3.2, IOS60 for 4.2, IOS70 for 4.2, etc.

How do I check which IOS I am using? My system menu should be at 4.2 by now, but I can't remember which IOS I chose...

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zackfiles said:
giantpune said:

How do I check which IOS I am using? My system menu should be at 4.2 by now, but I can't remember which IOS I chose...
Check the priiloader settings...

zackfiles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tattar8 said:
zackfiles said:
giantpune said:

How do I get into the Priiloader settings?

Where do I check it?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zackfiles said:
tattar8 said:
zackfiles said:
giantpune said:

How do I get into the Priiloader settings?

Where do I check it?
keep press reset at start-up and will teake you to priiloader settings. Go to settings and change priiloader to use SM IOS (IOS70) , save and reset.

hempin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try researching first zachfiles before putting down one of the easiest & best soft guides out.. that scares noobs! LMFAO sounds like you ran into a bump and tried to turn it into a mountain.. i prob would have had the same prob had i not searched for 2 days before modding a 4.2U with the same guide.i know it sounds strange coming from a Noob but chill out bud, smoke a little and relax.. go into preloader (4.2U you should have installed preloader with priiloader..works the same) by holding down the reset and look in the lower corner for what ios your on.. and remember patiences is the key to over coming all obstacles.. lmao and some good green.

zackfiles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so, I did what you guys said. I am at this white screen, and it's listing all this stuff like "System Menu", "Settings", "Homebrew Channel". I tried pressing + here and holding the Reset button, but nothing happened...

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if installed Preloader correctly...

How am I supposed to install it?

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
you need to trucha patch the system menu IOS to load ripped/custom channels from the SD card. dopIOS MOD will do that for you

hellion_52883

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zackfiles.....

I'm not going to be much help but since noone else has told you ...........DO NOT format your wii........it DOES NOT start you all over........I'm not saying it's the answer, but if you WANT to start all over you MUST do uninstalls NOT formating.........(Did it, just causes MORE problems......)

zackfiles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hellion_52883 said:
Zackfiles.....

I'm not going to be much help but since noone else has told you ...........DO NOT format your wii........it DOES NOT start you all over........I'm not saying it's the answer, but if you WANT to start all over you MUST do uninstalls NOT formating.........(Did it, just causes MORE problems......)

Heh, thanks for telling me this actually. In the beginning I was panicking so much, I almost formatted...

But I was going to use this guide.

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin

I'm just going to start over. Do you know if this guide is safe to follow?

I trust you guys way more than this... So I'm not sure...

Basiclly, I want to clean everything out of my Wii. It's really messed up... Make it brand new, you know?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: