Homebrew Official Simple signature check patcher

  • Thread starter Thread starter dimok
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 140,420
  • Replies Replies 342
  • Likes Likes 66
I read this whole thread and can't really understand much. Can I ask two small questions?

1) Do I install haxchi and then use this to launch to get syspatched?
2) Do I need/recommended to get Rednand for this?
1) You don't have to install haxchi but it is recommended.
2) You don't need to get Rednand for this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: linuxares
I read this whole thread and can't really understand much. Can I ask two small questions?

1) Do I install haxchi and then use this to launch to get syspatched?
2) Do I need/recommended to get Rednand for this?
  1. It doesn't matter if you have Haxchi installed or not, just launch the Homebrew Launcher with your favorite entry point and open the .elf file and you're good to go ^_^
  2. RedNAND is not recommended for this. This signature check patcher just patches the SysNAND signature checks, not RedNAND.
 
  • Like
Reactions: linuxares
Thanks guys for the answers. I think I might go with this rather than fw.img
 
@dimok
Excuse me but... How doable is to make this CFW thing into a hybrid between redNAND and sign patched sysNAND? Like booting a decired NAND by holding a botton or/and via a config file.
 
Regarding the name I saw you all posted many names already. Thanks for that! I didn't go through all posts yet, just some tags I got. I will have to do this later as I didn't have the time for it today. Though I saw SIOUX in some of the posts as in the indian tribe name. I like it, it's not bad. I will have to look up what it stand for as I didnt find it at first sight (system or simple iosuhax?. Though its not system fw.img only and can also be redNAND.) I was expecting something with the word RAM to be more often as it was the first thing named on IRC by some people. Someone on IRC even suggested Ramenhax haha... Though before I deciding on the name I will have to go through the other name suggestions too first. Maybe there is something better in there ;).
SIOUX used to also be the mascot of UND (a North Dakota college) they had to change their mascot from the Fighting Sioux to the Fighting Hawks because of legal issues with the Sioux name. They had to rip up the whole college because of the copyright, making a lot of people in that college mad. People still swear that they will forever call them the Fighting Sioux even though of the big arguement.
 
SIOUX used to also be the mascot of UND (a North Dakota college) they had to change their mascot from the Fighting Sioux to the Fighting Hawks because of legal issues with the Sioux name. They had to rip up the whole college because of the copyright, making a lot of people in that college mad. People still swear that they will forever call them the Fighting Sioux even though of the big arguement.
Oh oh oh I know!!!

How about... Capuciino, finest hax brewed at home?
 
SIOUX used to also be the mascot of UND (a North Dakota college) they had to change their mascot from the Fighting Sioux to the Fighting Hawks because of legal issues with the Sioux name. They had to rip up the whole college because of the copyright, making a lot of people in that college mad. People still swear that they will forever call them the Fighting Sioux even though of the big arguement.
But there is also the Apache web server...
 
Maybe I'm asking too much, but this signature patcher could also block system updates (or the URLs of the updates).
 
Just chiming in to say thank you. I didn't want to go through and set up a fw.img and deal with everything else quite yet and this works perfectly for my current needs.
 
@dimok or anyone else:
Can you please help me with these two questions?

Will the wupserver automatically get started after executing the new iosuhax.elf? Or how can I start the server?

And where do i get the wupclient from? After compiling dimoks code from iosuhax repository there is only the wupserver, but no client.

Edit: Ok, solved it. I finally found the wupclient, it was inside in the wupserver folder. X-(
 
Last edited by MSco,
Maybe I'm asking too much, but this signature patcher could also block system updates (or the URLs of the updates).
it would block the updates only when you patch the firmware, so on a fresh console boot you will need another way to block the update or it will initiate the download before you launch the patcher.
And that's only if there will be new updates.
 
it would block the updates only when you patch the firmware, so on a fresh console boot you will need another way to block the update or it will initiate the download before you launch the patcher.
And that's only if there will be new updates.

I know, but it could allow game updates and block system updates. The DNS we all use block both kind of updates and that's annoying.
 
Right, but what he's saying is that there's no point to it blocking updates unless you constantly leave your Wii U on
Sounds like he's hoping to chain this to some sort of autoboot. But by the time we safely resolve that, updates might be a thing of the past.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk
 
  • Like
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Okay, i'm late on this wii u hacking stuff. Will this allow me to install VC and games like that and how? I'm confused on how this works.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CatmanFan
Okay, i'm late on this wii u hacking stuff. Will this allow me to install VC and games like that and how? I'm confused on how this works.
Yes. Short version: Browser exploit -> Homebrew Channel -> This (preferably this version: http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/c8zdQFgw/file.html) -> Haxchi -> This (again) -> WUP Installer UF MOD (or Y Mod) -> Homebrew Channel Launcher (at least that's how I would recommend it).

You're not that late... the cool things are happening right now, that's why there's not really a proper tutorial. If you need help, just shoot but I'm a bit too lazy/busy to write one.
 
Last edited by plyscho,
Yes. Short version: Browser exploit -> Homebrew Channel -> This (preferably this version: http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/c8zdQFgw/file.html) -> Haxchi -> This (again) -> WUP Installer UF MOD (or Y Mod) -> Homebrew Channel Launcher (at least that's how I would recommend it).

You're not that late... the cool things are happening right now, that's why there's not really a proper tutorial. If you need help, just shoot but I'm a bit too lazy/busy to write one.
Ah okay, I don't have Haxchi, would fw.img do?
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted