OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys!

I think it's a simple question, but I havent found an answer anywhere else

I have already updated my Switch to SX OS 2.9.3

Can I update my Switch to 9.1.0 through the system itself? Or do I really need to use Choidujour ?

Thanks in advance!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!

Can I update my Switch to 9.1.0 through the system itself? Or do I really need to use Choidujour ?

Thanks in advance!
ChoiDujour does not support any firmware versions past 6.1

rmorris003

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys!

Thanks in advance!
You need to download the firmware and manually update it with ChoiDujourNX 1.0.2

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll also add for any lurkers that you can update the official way if you don't care about burning fuses. If you don't want to burn fuses (my recommendation), use ChoiDujourNX. Technically, you can update the official way without burn fuses if you manually boot into recovery mode during the automatic reboot that happens as part of the update, and then immediately turn on autoRCM. I don't recommend trying this.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys!

Thanks in advance!
Updating the official way requires going online, something you should never do on CFW if you can avoid it, especially not on SX OS and ESPECIALLY not when you have pirated NSPs (games/updates/DLC) or homebrew NSPs installed.
SX OS has stealth mode enabled by default so the Switch should not be able to call home to Nintendo servers, although I wouldn't trust it 100% because not that long ago it wasn't blocking the servers correctly and they eventually released an update to fix it, but bugs like that could happen again. Anyway, that feature is there for a reason, if you just connect online normally like it was a legit system you'll end up banned.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

jdmntvrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
is there a step by step guide on how to update the firmware?

i once updated the firmware using choidujour and bricked it. do you have to update the sxos version first then update the firmware using choidujour, or is it the other way around? im planning to update mine from 9.0.1 to 9.1.0. thanks guys!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a step by step guide on how to update the firmware?

i once updated the firmware using choidujour and bricked it. do you have to update the sxos version first then update the firmware using choidujour, or is it the other way around? im planning to update mine from 9.0.1 to 9.1.0. thanks guys!
ChoiDujour does not support any firmware versions past 6.1
Anyway its better to update your CFW before your firmware because newer CFW versions support lower firmware versions unlike new firmware versions which may not be supported by all versions of CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night