1. Hugare

OP Hugare Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hi guys!

I think it's a simple question, but I havent found an answer anywhere else

I have already updated my Switch to SX OS 2.9.3

Can I update my Switch to 9.1.0 through the system itself? Or do I really need to use Choidujour ?

Thanks in advance!

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    ChoiDujour does not support any firmware versions past 6.1

3. rmorris003

rmorris003 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    You need to download the firmware and manually update it with ChoiDujourNX 1.0.2

4. JayMathis

JayMathis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What?

5. rmorris003

rmorris003 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    You need ChoiDujourNX, he should have provided more info than just saying that the basic version no longer supports newer firmware.

Draxzelex likes this.
  6. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The difference is choidejour PC version vs. Choidejournx (switch app) which supports all versions.

7. CanIHazWarez

CanIHazWarez GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'll also add for any lurkers that you can update the official way if you don't care about burning fuses. If you don't want to burn fuses (my recommendation), use ChoiDujourNX. Technically, you can update the official way without burn fuses if you manually boot into recovery mode during the automatic reboot that happens as part of the update, and then immediately turn on autoRCM. I don't recommend trying this.

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Updating the official way requires going online, something you should never do on CFW if you can avoid it, especially not on SX OS and ESPECIALLY not when you have pirated NSPs (games/updates/DLC) or homebrew NSPs installed.
    SX OS has stealth mode enabled by default so the Switch should not be able to call home to Nintendo servers, although I wouldn't trust it 100% because not that long ago it wasn't blocking the servers correctly and they eventually released an update to fix it, but bugs like that could happen again. Anyway, that feature is there for a reason, if you just connect online normally like it was a legit system you'll end up banned.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  9. jdmntvrd

jdmntvrd Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    is there a step by step guide on how to update the firmware?

i once updated the firmware using choidujour and bricked it. do you have to update the sxos version first then update the firmware using choidujour, or is it the other way around? im planning to update mine from 9.0.1 to 9.1.0. thanks guys!

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Anyway its better to update your CFW before your firmware because newer CFW versions support lower firmware versions unlike new firmware versions which may not be supported by all versions of CFW.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - firmware, question, Simple