Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but the link i just linked, is how to use the oothax entrypoint isn't it? Because in the link it just says:

6.) Exit out of OoT3D, and load your preferred exploit again. This time, run the OoT3DHax installer.

That is the stage i'm confused, where does the OoT3Dhax installer come from? xD And where/how do i run it?
Mmn I got you covered man. Do you have another way to get into homebrew? Like browserhax? If so, this'll be much better.
1. Download smea's starter pack:
https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
2. Extract everything in the start pack and put it in the root of your sd card (overwrite everything it asks for if applicable)
3. Get into the homebrew menu
4. Run the application that says something about an oothax installer (don't know the full name)
5. Follow the on screen instructions (it's ok if you mess up, you won't brick)
6. Profit

Hampus Uddeholt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mmn I got you covered man. Do you have another way to get into homebrew? Like browserhax? If so, this'll be much better.
2. Extract everything in the start pack and put it in the root of your sd card (overwrite everything it asks for if applicable)
4. Run the application that says something about an oothax installer (don't know the full name)
6. Profit

The whole issue is getting into the Homebrew Channel :P I had no problem with my 3ds, since it was 9,9. I could just run browserhax and setup themehax and just proceed to sysupdater and dowgrade my system.

But in this case my friend got a o3ds with fw: 10.6 Which means that browserhax and themehax is all patched, and there's only Smash, OoT and CUbic ninja left. Which leaves me confused what the OoT hax actually does. Isn't it suppose to bring you into the homebrew channel if you got no other entrypoints such as browserhax etc?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole issue is getting into the Homebrew Channel :P I had no problem with my 3ds, since it was 9,9. I could just run browserhax and setup themehax and just proceed to sysupdater and dowgrade my system.

But in this case my friend got a o3ds with fw: 10.6 Which means that browserhax and themehax is all patched, and there's only Smash, OoT and CUbic ninja left. Which leaves me confused what the OoT hax actually does. Isn't it suppose to bring you into the homebrew channel if you got no other entrypoints such as browserhax etc?
It's a secondary exploit, meaning it depends on another exploit first to install the necessary files to it and then you can use it. And you may have lucked out. Try this:
  1. Goto System Settings. Then change the datetime to January 1, 2000, 00:00.
  2. Use the browser 'Initialize savedata' option, before any page gets loaded triggering the browser-version message.
  3. Continue to use browserhax as normal.
  4. Note that you must not press the HOME button to return from the browser normally, otherwise you will have to reinitialize the savedata again. Once the datetime reaches January 2, you will have to repeat these steps if you want to continue using this bypass.

Hampus Uddeholt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a secondary exploit, meaning it depends on another exploit first to install the necessary files to it and then you can use it. And you may have lucked out. Try this:
  1. Goto System Settings. Then change the datetime to January 1, 2000, 00:00.
  2. Use the browser 'Initialize savedata' option, before any page gets loaded triggering the browser-version message.
  3. Continue to use browserhax as normal.
  4. Note that you must not press the HOME button to return from the browser normally, otherwise you will have to reinitialize the savedata again. Once the datetime reaches January 2, you will have to repeat these steps if you want to continue using this bypass.

I know, that's what i did on my o3ds. But isn't it patched so my friend with 10.6 can't use it right?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So then i have to use browserhax and the OoT3Dhax? There's no other combo? Or are all the other ways pathed? (example browserhax and themehax/menuhax?)
I mean if you have cubic ninja that'll work, but yeah. It sounds like you don't have anything that'd help you and once you get into browserhax, you're good. Just install oothax and you'll never worry about it again.

Hampus Uddeholt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean if you have cubic ninja that'll work, but yeah. It sounds like you don't have anything that'd help you and once you get into browserhax, you're good. Just install oothax and you'll never worry about it again.
Just a quick question. Don't i have to launch OoT and delete the current saves before continueing with step 3?

6. Profit

Reactions: Just Passing By

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
afaik browserhax doesn't work on latest 10.3+ firmwares - that's why you use ninjhax or oothax as entrypoint

the new downgrade method uses a more stable version of memchunkhax - so you don't have to keep trying 100x
Browserhax works up to 10.6, with that you can install oothax without powersaves...

Nelkia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, I am still getting the Cia Info fail. I tried it with menuhax, browserhax and ninjhax. I mean either its stuck or i get the CIA info fail... I already tried to format the sd card and stuff like that... Could need some help

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Just Passing By
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users