Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

torchick11

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried using sysupdater and i've pressed downgrade with the right updates on the update folder but thing has been frozen for over 30 mins.

I'm on 10.3 EU using ironhax downgrading to 9.2 EU (I have my ironhax second save ready for this)

(that image is all im seeing on it so far)

Attachments

• ^57F019D7B3859D9D2448D55DEC339717584F9E8B93E5094E4D^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
    ^57F019D7B3859D9D2448D55DEC339717584F9E8B93E5094E4D^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 304
Last edited by torchick11,

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overall, I've managed to downgrade 3 o3DS units (2 updated from 4.4 & 8.1 to 10.3, then downgraded, the other was already on 10.3) as well as a n3DS on 10.3. All units were successfully downgraded to 9.2..and all are currently enjoying a 10.4 emunand.

Crawler

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was following this guide to downgrade from 9.6 to 9.2 and ended up in a semi brick so only option is to update to 10.4 now.
I'm just hoping its possibly to get from 9.6 to 10.3 then back to 9.2 without errors, I see people talking about upgrading first but haven't seen any posts sating that they have successfully managed it or even attempted it.

Hi!

I had the same problem to downgrade a new 3ds with 9.6 firmware.
I've find a soluce for my problem : I launched in recovery mode, when update starts i removed the battery after one or two points of progress, and it works fine for me ! The n3ds restarts in 9.2 firmware not in 10.4 (it's possible to have an error message with sd card, so, power off and on the 3ds).
You can try this .....

Sorry for my english.

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds....risky. I wouldn't recommend disrupting the power during any sort of system function...I'm glad it worked for you, but that sounds like an invitation for a new door stop/paperweight.

Use the SafeSysUpdater and be certain you are using the correct 9.2 firmware package. There's different ones for o3DS & n3DS, and for each different region. All of which can be found on that 3DS ISO site.

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds....risky. I wouldn't recommend disrupting the power during any sort of system function...I'm glad it worked for you, but that sounds like an invitation for a new door stop/paperweight.

Use the SafeSysUpdater and be certain you are using the correct 9.2 firmware package. There's different ones for o3DS & n3DS, and for each different region. All of which can be found on that 3DS ISO site.
The safesys updater always has a pink mark on the side. what did you downgrade with?

deyvid.os

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello, when i try to downgrade, on sysupdater, comes this error:
titleexception:
title.cpp:135: Result: 0xD8A083FA
Failed to delete system title!

And i can't downgrade. i did about 30 times, and Always this messe comes.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It will help if you have a messed menuhax install. It also ensures you have the latest version of menuhax. Themehax won't cut it.

How did messed menuhax install actually happened? I downgraded my 3DSXL and planning to downgrade more. Looking to perfect the formula.

abelxcane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm wondering if you can use sysupdater to update to 10.3 first then downgrade. Or would it just be the same outcome with it erroring out due to an issues with sysupdater on older firmwares rather then the fact its downgrading.
This is a long post
<<short answer>> N3dsXL 9.6.0-24U downgraded to 9.2(failed) 9.2 upgraded to 10.3(success) 10.3 downgraded to 9.2(success)

I had to do the gamble and I updated to 10.3 no problem (though I wont go as far as to say that I didn't just get lucky )
My N3ds came out of the box on 9.6.0-24U and I tried to downgrade to 9.2 with the sysUpdater app currently on the tutorial. It was going well but then my bottom screen said an error (I forgot what it said ) and I turned it off. When I turned it on it was a black screen and I used recovery mode two times because it wouldn't bring me to the home screen. On second time I took out the SD card and it turned on normally and when I went to setting it said 9.2.0-20U. I knew something was wrong because when I followed the CFW tutorial by wurstpistole I couldn't get past the part with PastaCFW or installing the FBI.cia. I decided to use the sysUpdater provided by julian20 to update to 10.3 and this time it went through the whole installation without any problems and rebooted fine. So then I was on 10.3 and downgraded to 9.2 using that sysUpdater which also went fine. I forgot to mention but I used browser hax to run Homebrew Launcher and I am using a 32gb card (if that mattered). Sorry if I didn't answer to well but I wrote this really late. Thanks neoceaser for pointing out the other version on page 91 and thanks julian20 for putting that version up.

Reactions: TayTayTheKiller

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a long post
<<short answer>> N3dsXL 9.6.0-24U downgraded to 9.2(failed) 9.2 upgraded to 10.3(success) 10.3 downgraded to 9.2(success)

I had to do the gamble and I updated to 10.3 no problem (though I wont go as far as to say that I didn't just get lucky )
My N3ds came out of the box on 9.6.0-24U and I tried to downgrade to 9.2 with the sysUpdater app currently on the tutorial. It was going well but then my bottom screen said an error (I forgot what it said ) and I turned it off. When I turned it on it was a black screen and I used recovery mode two times because it wouldn't bring me to the home screen. On second time I took out the SD card and it turned on normally and when I went to setting it said 9.2.0-20U. I knew something was wrong because when I followed the CFW tutorial by wurstpistole I couldn't get past the part with PastaCFW or installing the FBI.cia. I decided to use the sysUpdater provided by julian20 to update to 10.3 and this time it went through the whole installation without any problems and rebooted fine. So then I was on 10.3 and downgraded to 9.2 using that sysUpdater which also went fine. I forgot to mention but I used browser hax to run Homebrew Launcher and I am using a 32gb card (if that mattered). Sorry if I didn't answer to well but I wrote this really late. Thanks neoceaser for pointing out the other version on page 91 and thanks julian20 for putting that version up.
Question how did you update to 10.3? I meant you went into miniPasta/ Pasta CFW without firmlaunch mode to update or you use just update straight through Homebrew Launcher?

just for clarification, so you use julian20 sysupdater to update and downgrade right?

Last edited by tivu100,

malelolula

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey guys! Im reporting a succesful downgrade from 10.3.0.28U to 9.2.0.20U on my New3DS :toot:
24b0k7a.jpg
I used sysUpdater 0.4.2b and all the .cia files in '9.2.0-20U(Full)_n3DS.zip', from "that iso website" (search on google the thing on OP).
9.2.0-20U:
MD5: E6339468A1E82B1D50E9222F017C0477
SHA-1: ECA4BA9DF44B03748BB8AA9C42186B38C62C0D1A

MD5 and SHA-1 were different than the ones provided here, since the files were updated, but they did work.

I accesed Homebrew Laucher through Ninjahax, homemenuhax and OOT3Dhax, although the latter one was the one who did the trick.

Made roughly 30 trys to downgrade, had a few crashes, but most failed attempts were "failed to get cia file info!". I just kept on trying and it finally worked.

Thanks everyone! :)

Hey are you sure about this?
Because I just bought today a New 3ds XL on 9.8U firmware , trying to follow your step by upgrading to 10.3U then downgrading back to 9.2U..

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looking into downgrading a new 3ds xl, but the md5 that is stated for the 9.2.0.20E N3DS pack is different from the one that is stated on that 3ds iso site. Which one is correct here.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what are the chances of a softbrick upgrading compared to downgrading?
No idea, that's why we need to open a petition to people with hard mod 3DS to ask them to spend some of their free time to test it. In theory, update is safer than downgrade. The one should be tested is this https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/page-95#post-5923820

Can you link the version of sysupdater you used please I want to make sure I'm using the very same version you are.
That's the one he mentioned there

Hey are you sure about this?
Because I just bought today a New 3ds XL on 9.8U firmware , trying to follow your step by upgrading to 10.3U then downgrading back to 9.2U..

I personally did that before on 2 N3DS and successfully downgraded from 10.3 on first try!

The key here is 10.3 downgrade. And not sure update is that safe, so don't quote on me suggesting update to 10.3 is safe. There is only one person (see a few post above) reports successfully update to 10.3, then successfully downgrade from 10.3.

Last edited by tivu100,

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Switched from safesysupdater to the regular sysupdater, and after doign the FTP app trick it installed within 2-3misn and rebooted after finished without any hassle.
On 9.2.0.20e on my N3DS XL black now (IPS panel for top screen too!) Came from 10.2.0.28e.

abelxcane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I was sleeping for a bit (was shoveling a lot of snow) I have only done this with one N3ds so far so I don't know the success rate but if you want to try it I used the sysUpdater that julian20 attached on page 91

Last edited by abelxcane,

Eric-S

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked through all 238 pages and didn't see much on 9.4.0 21U systems.

I have a n3DS XL (Majora's Mask Edition) running 9.4.0 21U. Has anyone had any luck with this system? I'm a bit weary of downgrading it because I haven't seen any reports of it working on this system.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking