Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi julian. I tried to use your version but I get:

title:Exception;
main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!

Sometimes I just get black screens after opening it on HBL. What can I do? I have a n3DS XL USA 10.3

Common causes of that are use the wrong cia pack [i.e. n3ds on o3ds or vice versa] and if you are using a Mac it will insert system files into the directory causing failure when you extract the updates to your sd card. If you are sure it isn't either of those it may be best to wait a while. At least I haven't seen another workaround.

The black screen lock is a pain but normal. The exploit isn't perfect and will fail from time to time, just have to try again.

Last edited by Santaros,

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
Common causes of that are use the wrong cia pack [i.e. n3ds on o3ds or vice versa] and if you are using a Mac it will insert system files into the directory causing failure when you extract the updates to your sd card. If you are sure it isn't either of those it may be best to wait a while. At least I haven't seen another workaround.

I checked that the file is the correct one, I'm not using the cias from the ttp pack on the iso site, I have the zip pack from the mega folder.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The black screen lock is a pain but normal. The exploit isn't perfect and will fail from time to time, just have to try again.
isnt that the hack didnt get the privileges ? i am sure i am using the n3ds pack on a n3ds and put them on a folder named updates on root .. the archives of sysupdater were put on a folder in 3ds(homebrewlauncher) named sysupdater.. it has to be like that ?

Praxedes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let us know how it goes! :D
Can you help a bro? I've already downgraded to 9.2 but I need a proper tutorial to install CFW? I dont even know what choice to make, there is pasta, cakes ,roxas , witch one is the most stable and can work properly with unsigned Cias, I wan to play FE if english patched can u send me a PT-BR tutorial XD, thanks in advance.

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can you help a bro? I've already downgraded to 9.2 but I need a proper tutorial to install CFW, I dont even know what choice to make, there is pasta, cakes ,roxas , witch one is the most stable and can work properly with unsigned Cias, I wan to play FE if english patched can u send me a PT-BR tutorial XD, thanks in advance.

I'll send you a PM.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just like Cakes. rxtools is awesome too. I can say that there was not a single hiccup installing Cakes though. BTW... the cia installed and ran perfectly!

When you injected FBI into
Is Cakes the way to go? What are the advantages of Cakes or rxtools?

Ugh, I can't inject FBI into H&S. Any ideas? I followed this guide to the letter: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-complete-custom-firmware-guide.396349/

It always says it can't read hs.app

I tried both created apps, with and without banner. Renamed them to hs.app, went to H&S inject in Decrypt. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

PanosPasch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Downgrade Report:
Console: Old 3ds
Firmware: 9.7.0-25E
Target: 9.2.0-20E
Ran Homebrew Channel through MenuHax which was installed from SliderHax
Ran Julians sysUpdater (also available on the first post).

Comments:
Had to install Menuhax as the sysUpdater hung when ran from SliderHax.
The downgrade process completed in 2-3 minutes.
When rebooting, the 3ds had black screen. Don't panic! Power off your 3ds, remove your SD Card, open it again, and your 3DS will boot normally. Now change the theme to wipe menuhax.

Thanks @Hyura @Santaros and the rest of the community for their help.

Reactions: Praxedes and Hyura

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
isnt that the hack didnt get the privileges ? i am sure i am using the n3ds pack on a n3ds and put them on a folder named updates on root .. the archives of sysupdater were put on a folder in 3ds(homebrewlauncher) named sysupdater.. it has to be like that ?

I could be wrong on that count, but from what I have seen at least, if it's a priviledge problem it locks much earlier than that.

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Downgrade Report:
Console: Old 3ds
Firmware: 9.7.0-25E
Target: 9.2.0-20E
Ran Homebrew Channel through MenuHax which was installed from SliderHax
Ran Julians sysUpdater (also available on the first post).

Comments:
Had to install Menuhax as the sysUpdater hung when ran from SliderHax.
The downgrade process completed in 2-3 minutes.
When rebooting, the 3ds had black screen. Don't panic! Power off your 3ds, remove your SD Card, open it again, and your 3DS will boot normally. Now change the theme to wipe menuhax.

Thanks @Hyura @Santaros and the rest of the community for their help.

Glad it worked!

I might as well try it on mine tomorrow morning, haha. Not sure I can take it now.

Tried with ironhax and still nothing. I had menuhax installed but I deleted it yesterday

I've seen a lot of people that did it with menuhax. Might as well give it a try.

mythus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was
installing, and the thing froze while installing a CIA. I had to force reboot it, yet when i went into the settings, it had the 9.2 version. Should i try to reinstall, or leave it as is?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5HUsz0nOgunRUw1cHFBcXRVc2M/view?usp=sharing

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was
installing, and the thing froze while installing a CIA. I had to force reboot it, yet when i went into the settings, it had the 9.2 version. Should i try to reinstall, or leave it as is?

Probably worked... Try to install the CFW and see how it goes.

xsp

r30y162part2
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you injected FBI into

Ugh, I can't inject FBI into H&S. Any ideas? I followed this guide to the letter: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-complete-custom-firmware-guide.396349/

It always says it can't read hs.app

I tried both created apps, with and without banner. Renamed them to hs.app, went to H&S inject in Decrypt. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
I just ran Decrypt9WIP to dump it, copied it over to my Linux machine, ran Universal Inject Generator on it, copied the banner injected version back over and used Decrypt9WIP to inject it. Booted Cakes and it was perfect.

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will I be able to re-update if I ever need to go back to 10.3 for any reason? And if so, would I just update the 3ds normally, or are the 10.3 CIAs required?

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quick question, is there a meaningful difference between MenuHax and ThemeHax 2.0 with *hax 2.5 beta for a 9.9E New 3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next