Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Av448

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You should just not try at all on n3ds, take it from me, I managed to brick on o3ds.
If you still want to try though, menuhax seems to be the best entry to use unless you have ninjhax.

could you please give detailed info about your hardbrick?

were you using the lastest sysUpdater build? the one that installs SAFEMODE first

if you were, then making SAFEMODE being installed first doesn't changue anything and everyone is still taking the risk of a hardbrick because some glitch happened halfway through

i

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion it depends on the entry point, and I would never try this with anything other than a quality class 10 SD card, but everything booted first time and downgraded in 5 minutes from 10.3-9.2.

raizeny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well, it seems that i can't update from the 9.0.0, from the unsucessful downgrade, that homehax had to show me, to 9.2.0, in sysupdate. And I have no idea why is that.

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
where is that one?

Here you go: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...ngrading-your-3ds.407888/page-95#post-5923820

Another downgrade newb coming in! I know the place is bursting with these types of questions and I know with the current tools there's no way to be 100% brick-safe but I want to atleast minimize the risk as much as possible! Here's my info and what I gathered so far:

I have a EU small New 3DS running:

• 9.9.0-26E
  • IronHax with 2.5 Beta Payload
  • ThemeHax 2.0 with 2.5 Beta Payload and a Custom theme that responds to holding L at boot, otherwise it boots normal
  • a freshly bought and formatted SanDisk 64gb micro SD card
  • The latest version of Julian20's SysUpdater with the reliability patch and the one that installs the Safe-Mode package first
  • The necessary 9.2E files for a NEW 3DS
  • The files MD5 Checksum matches the one commonly mentioned online
  • The SHA-1 Checksum does too with the oddity that the one floating around online has a ? at the end while mine does not
so I believe I have everything I need and can do or is there anything else I can do to further minimize the risk? Would it be a good idea to install the IronHax 10.3 Payloads in slot 3 just in case I softbrick and have to update to 10.3?

I know I should probably wait for Kernel Time Machine but I'm scared that Nintendo will drop 10.4 anytime soon and in that case if I end up with a soft-brick I would probably be screwed entirely.

Thanks for any answers and help in advance!

I think you do have everything. You can try using CHMM2 before, people say it increases stability.

Good luck!

were you using the lastest sysUpdater build? the one that installs SAFEMODE first

if you were, then making SAFEMODE being installed first doesn't changue anything and everyone is still taking the risk of a hardbrick because some glitch happened halfway through

i

He already said he used TuxSH's sysupdater.

well, it seems that i can't update from the 9.0.0, from the unsucessful downgrade, that homehax had to show me, to 9.2.0, in sysupdate. And I have no idea why is that.

Care to explain a little bit better?

Are you on 9.0.0 and can't go to 9.2? Nway, you don't need it to install a CFW.

Last edited by Hyura,

Wulfre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i
I was using this build when my system bricked. I do not have any information on the error other than this: it was a generic message followed by a hex number similar to 0xffffffff. I do not have the exact number. I had about 4 cia files successfully installed at that point, which is what caused the brick.

azramy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, i'm trying for the ninth time but i always get the "black error screen" aka soft-brick after sysupdate and i triple checked every single archive and everything is exactly the same as the videos and guides or whatever, what am i possibly doing wrong?

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here you go: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...ngrading-your-3ds.407888/page-95#post-5923820

I think you do have everything. You can try using CHMM2 before, people say it increases stability.

Good luck!

Thanks! Interestingly enough CHMM2 never worked for me and just froze but I only ever tried the initial release so maybe it would work now. Also any idea about the SHA-1 hash with the questionmark? I'm still fighting with myself if I should do this or not >.<

D

Deleted User

Repair how? Do you have a nand backup?

Or are you gonna trade it for another 3DS?
I'm sending right to Nintendo because I still have some warranty, even if they decide the problem is on my end, they will still offer me a replacement as a "Discount"
Edit:Fixed the quote

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Hyura

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks! Interestingly enough CHMM2 never worked for me and just froze but I only ever tried the initial release so maybe it would work now. Also any idea about the SHA-1 hash with the questionmark? I'm still fighting with myself if I should do this or not >.<

I'm not sure about the SHA-1, sorry :/

I'm actually answering a lot of people because I watched downgrades and helped some friends with it. I'm still afraid to do it on my 3DS, I already bricked a 3DS last week.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you have to install *hax first. This is needed because you need to enter Homebrew Launcher to use the sysupdater.

just wanted to make sure. also is it too late to get a hax?

Av448

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
everyone who got a hardbrick using Julian's build please reply to this post, so as to know how safe is it

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
just wanted to make sure. also is it too late to get a hax?

Nope, it isn't!

You can update to 10.3 and use browserhax to get IronHax (old eShop), menuhax or to set it up for other hax like OoT3Dhax.

everyone who got a hardbrick using Julian's build please reply to this post, so as to know how safe is it

Afaik no one hardbricked using his build. At least I didn't notice.

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not sure about the SHA-1, sorry :/

I'm actually answering a lot of people because I watched downgrades and helped some friends with it. I'm still afraid to do it on my 3DS, I already bricked a 3DS last week.

Oh dear what happened?

D

Deleted User

Nope, it isn't!

You can update to 10.3 and use browserhax to get IronHax (old eShop), menuhax or to set it up for other hax like OoT3Dhax.

Afaik no one hardbricked using his build. At least I didn't notice.

I've heard Julian's build was safer, I hard bricked with the original release, gonna wait a month and try again once my 2DS gets back, or maybe I'll just stick with the legit CIAs for now

Last edited by ,

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was stupid and used a n3DS update pack in a O3DS (:

I was updating from 4.5 to 9.2 to have coldboot. (Un)fortunately it wasn't my 3DS.

That's really unfortunate and can sadly happen easily. If only the needed files could be grabbed via 3DSNUS or whatever the downloader is called alot of that could be minimized :/

The Iron Rose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked first time on my O3DS @ 10.3U using Julian20's sysUpdater with MenuHax! Seriously, first time with no problems whatsoever. Worked like a charm, no softbricks, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: