Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xi199

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guys I met a problem. I have a japan N3DS version 10.3, and tried to downgrade. I followed every instruction steps(especially deleting the special .cia for japan N3DS), after the device auto reboots, it shows a message in below, same as in english"an error has occurred, blablabla". So I powered it off and reopened it, but it keeps showing everytime I started it. Not possibe to access recovery mode also. I have also tried remove the storage card, format the storage card, no help. Any suggestions?

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just to clarify - people who had been getting "An error has occurred" can just format their 3DS and after that the downgrade will work? If so, is there a way to extract multiple save files at once? I don't want to lose my progress.

Could someone write a tutorial for people who get the error? :shy:

raizeny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I sort of downgraded it to 9.0.0, okay.
Installed homehax, ok.
But I can't enter the Settings, it keeps infinitly on the 3DS logo loading screen, have to power off. I've seen 2 other users by now with this problem
So this way, I can't install CFW

A friendly member said to update the ''app'' so it can support it. idk how to if it's true.

Last edited by raizeny,

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I met a problem. I have a japan N3DS version 10.3, and tried to downgrade. I followed every instruction steps(especially deleting the special .cia for japan N3DS), after the device auto reboots, it shows a message in below, same as in english"an error has occurred, blablabla". So I powered it off and reopened it, but it keeps showing everytime I started it. Not possibe to access recovery mode also. I have also tried remove the storage card, format the storage card, no help. Any suggestions?

You soft-bricked. Hold L+R+Up (on the d-pad)+A, and while holding all those, turn on the system. It should boot into an official Nintendo updater. Go ahead and follow the on-screen instructions to update to 10.3.

Happened to me as well (on my US N3DS). I'd advise staying away for the time being, since you have an N3DS. Had you been unlucky, that could've been a full brick.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I can't downgrade using sysUpdater. I've tried 3 times, twice with TuxSH's version and once with Julian's, and while the downgrade seems to go fine, when it restarts I get a Nintendo "an error has occurred" screen until I reupgrade. I'm not sure if my O3DS is incapable of 9.2 (it's the Silver Mario & Luigi Dream Team XL) or what, but I'm just going to wait for KTM.

pickleman77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! Having some issues, so I figured I'd break down step-by-step everything I've tried and go from there.

Trying to downgrade to 9.2 from a 10.3 US N3DSXL.

Using menuhax.

Running into the "failed to get CIA file info!" error after starting the downgrade with Y.

CIA files are in /updates.

Tried getting the CIAs from "that iso site" and the pastebin mega links with the same result.

Checked, double-checked, triple-checked the md5.

Tried using Julian's sysUpdater build, as well as TuxSH 0.4.2b. Same issue every time.

Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be going wrong? Read through most of the threads all day today with no avail.

Last edited by pickleman77,

Sammi Husky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successful downgrade of O3DS 10.2.0-28u to 9.2 using ironhax entrypoint + sysupdater from page 95 (i did open ftp and close it before opening sysupdater just to increase stability). Everything worked out perfect, first try. :) Cheers!

xi199

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You soft-bricked. Hold L+R+Up (on the d-pad)+A, and while holding all those, turn on the system. It should boot into an official Nintendo updater. Go ahead and follow the on-screen instructions to update to 10.3.

Happened to me as well (on my US N3DS). I'd advise staying away for the time being, since you have an N3DS. Had you been unlucky, that could've been a full brick.
Thanks for your suggestion and it works!

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Im sorry im late to the party, aside from my 03DS that's in 9.2 is the N3DS all good for downgrading? Last I checked it was a partial 9.2 downgrade. Has that been fixed now?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a tutorial video around youtube that everyone can follow, i'm not linking to it because of ilegal stuff.

Praxedes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did it on my first try easy peasy no errors , I'm so reckless, I didn't format nothing, just pasted the necessary files in to my SD (didnt even check MD5) at first I only tried with the browserhax as an entrypoint but the Y command button just wouldnt start nothing, then I tried with menuhax and it did it all alone I barely move and started petting my kitty to kill the disturbing 5min wait

I went from 10.0 to 9.2 now whats the best for me? rxTools?

D

Deleted User

Nintendo's having my 2DS sent to United Radio, a service 3.5 stars on yelp.
Gud

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You think? The video contains links to download firmware cias, didnt posting links to cias in any way was against the rules?
Like I said, it's not a direct link to this site so its safe. Just like how you can link a "Let me google you this" link that leads you to that website ;)

rlink247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would like to thank everyone that is helping others to do the downgrade. I sucessfully downgrade 2 O3DSXL that were on the 9.9.0-26U firmware, and now I'm installing RxTools.

The first 3ds I downgraded using MenuHax, and the second I used Ninjahax (menuHax didn't work on this one, only God knows why).

I used the SysUpdater that used SULib (It's on Page 91)

Last edited by rlink247,

pkmz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downgraded O3DS from 10.3 to 9.2 Had my own 9.2CIA from when the 9.2 hack first released. No issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...