Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panic.exe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on O3DS... So, if I get stuck before even giving me the option to Downgrade, should I try again until It works or should I try another Entry point? Tried Browserhax and Ironhax already.
Keep trying... I used ironhax as an entrypoint..

Last edited by Panic.exe,

wahts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so can i downgrade my new nintendo 3ds at firmware 9.4 with that on 9.2 and install a cfw?

Alex-JA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright looking for it

i got 10.3 O3DS US Ver.... will try this...
btw did i need to remove the youtube apps ? because i'm using IronHax

No. Only you must remove the DNS in System Settings.
IronHax doesn't work very well. Try OoTHax

Evoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright I fixed my semi-brick.
For those who have semi-brick and get an error once in the recovery menu change your primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4, it should download the update back to whatever is latest atm.

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a EUR N3DS XL .Should I delete the 000400102002CA00 ? And if yes, do I have to remove it from the NAND while still on 10.3 or do I have to remove the .cia from the Update folder ?

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOT IT TO WORK. Apparently if you are getting stuck at the garbled red text, turning your wifi switch back on can help, as running the app after that made it work no problem! Currently on 9.0.0-20U from 10.3 O3DS XL!

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried on N3DSU 10.3 to 9.2U and I boot up to a black screen which I'm thinking is a software lock as its not bricked. Hence it doesn't show the boot rom error. I tried doing it without the sd card (to avoid themehax) still to no avail. Recovery also won't work. Please help

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Alright I fixed my semi-brick.
For those who have semi-brick and get an error once in the recovery menu change your primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4, it should download the update back to whatever is latest atm.

Clarify more please? Your "brick" is pretty damn strange so some info would be appreciated.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
one more thing i forgot to add, for the friend that worked (who was on 10.3) she used the browser to get into homebrew and already had menuhax setup.

my case was i used oothax(before i had menuhax setup already but was on fw9.8) and it failed so i updated to 10.3 and used my oot game card again but this time didnt install menuhax, and again i got stuck on black screen , now stupid error wont update me back to 10.3 e_e time to reboot my router and retry.

you guys think its worth the same entry point as hers? (and also installing menuhaxb before doing the downgrade)?

Alex-JA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I tried on N3DSU 10.3 to 9.2U and I boot up to a black screen which I'm thinking is a software lock as its not bricked. Hence it doesn't show the boot rom error. I tried doing it without the sd card (to avoid themehax) still to no avail. Recovery also won't work. Please help

Recovery is L + R + DPAD Up + A and while you've all pressed, press POWER without stop pressing.

Panic.exe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOT IT TO WORK. Apparently if you are getting stuck at the garbled red text, turning your wifi switch back on can help, as running the app after that made it work no problem! Currently on 9.0.0-20U from 10.3 O3DS XL!
Hey! this is a very good point I had wifi enabled and it worked on the first attempt.. O3ds non XL, ironhax as entry point. not sure if wifi has anything to do with it but def do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: hi