Silent Hill: Shattered Memories gets a black screen on Pro C2 cfw

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by BasedHelix, Jun 10, 2015.

1. BasedHelix
    OP

BasedHelix Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    I'm surprised almost no one mentioned this error anywhere on the internet after 30 minutes of Google searching. I've tried both US & EU version of the game and it black screened me after the psychology warning. Anybody know how to fix this? I'm a huuuggee horror geek and this is the only Silent Hill I never played. If anyone can guide me to the fix, I'd be much appreciated!

2. BasedHelix
    OP

BasedHelix Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Really? No one knows? Can someone at least tell me a more active PSP forum

3. Atlas_Noire

Atlas_Noire Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    I dunno this never happened on mine. Maybe it's a case of a bad rip. I'm also on 6.60 PRO-C2 and it runs very smooth.

4. BasedHelix
    OP

BasedHelix Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    That's weird. I've tried every ISO and it gave me the same problem

5. insidexdeath

insidexdeath .

Apr 13, 2010
    Try setting your UMD ISO Mode to Inferno from the vsh menu.

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Correct - check different UMD modes and be sure to disable plugins when testing troublesome games. For all intents and purposes the ISO should work fine unless it's a bad/poorly scrubbed rip.

7. BasedHelix
    OP

BasedHelix Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Thanks so much you guys I got it fixed. Turns out one of the plugins stopped the game from bypassing the psychology warning. I turned off CDA enabler & mp3player (background music player) then reset VSH. I would've never thought a plugin would actually affect a PSP game in anyway, but I guess I was wrong. :P

8. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Glad to see it worked out for you. Whenever something goes wrong, it's usually not the CFW, otherwise everyone would notice and the issue would quickly get patched. Usually it's just a faulty plugin causing a glitch of some kind, so now you know what to check first. ;)