Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did but latest atmosphere block them. my presidure of updating the switch is. delete tinfoil update switch with official nintendo update. download latest atmosphere fusee.bin sigpatches and tinfoil. but this time tinfoil and backup games arent working and reading this treat i see that latest atmosphere ignore sig patches
Use Sys-Patch, Load Package3 from Hekate, or use this custom Fusee.bin. https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatc...kate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/post-10389830

dogtygr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Blythe93

TotalJustice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I already tried latest sys-patch posted by @impeeza with everything ON including version skip with fss0 Hekate boot method and it's the same exact result as soon as I open a FW17+ game it throws a error to go back to home screen and then corrupted...

I'm simply back to Hekate fusee payload method for good which everything works and I'm continuing my OC progress testing to the max I can... And will keep on FW16.1.0 until it no longer can play any newer game that interests me, maybe FW18 with the huge changes would no longer boot on 16.1, no idea but I'm sure will take a damn long time to ever come a new game that I would like as 99% of Nintendo switch games don't interest me a single bit...

Ps: really wish I had a Onexplayer 2 pro Eva special edition, then I'd be playing all latest PC titles with amazing visuals and it's the current fastest windows handheld and with 32GB of fast LPDDR5 7500 and it's like switch a tablet with proper removable controllers with analog triggers and even comes with a crazy colour matching keyboard and even the controller adapter to make both into a single big controller, if I only was rich... :wink:
It's not working on fw17? Sys-patch has always worked on that fw. I haven't checked what changes everyone else has made, but nothing should've broken fw17 support

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's not working on fw17? Sys-patch has always worked on that fw. I haven't checked what changes everyone else has made, but nothing should've broken fw17 support
Short explanation:

guily6669 said that his console is still on FW 16, it can launch FW17 games booting with fusee and can't do it booting via fss0...

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Short explanation:

guily6669 said that his console is still on FW 16, it can launch FW17 games booting with fusee and can't do it booting via fss0...
How is it possible to launch fw17 games on earlier firmwares? I know some games can be patched for it but games signed with fw17 keys can't AFAIK. Am I wrong?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How is it possible to launch fw17 games on earlier firmwares? I know some games can be patched for it but games signed with fw17 keys can't AFAIK. Am I wrong?
You can patch some games so they ignore the firmware of said game. But some games just refuse to work without being on the proper version since they might use things that are unique to that version of the FW

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah that's also my understanding. So guily6669 must have the patchable games then
For example on DBI

• (+) on the right joycon - display context menus to allow you to perform operations such as deleting, resetting the required firmware version, mounting via MTP and more

unicornman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that's also my understanding. So guily6669 must have the patchable games then
You need the keys from the latest firmware to decrypt the game nca files, if that game requires that firmware. Also some function calls from newer games calls need the newer libs that have those functions. You can decrypt your games and repack them decrypted and they will work if they only call functions that are present in the firmware they are running on.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may be hard to believe, but people posting in this very thread still don't get that injecting fusee from RCM, or using payload=fusee in hekate_ipl.ini, kills sigpatches (as of the latest Atmosphere release). Unless you grab the "custom" fusee posted in this very thread, or you simply use fss0 with package3. Or just build your own fusee.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of the games I have are modded in any kind, tinfoil is even very picky with it and easily throw error that the game license is not valid and doesn't even allow installing unless overriding that security measure

And where I download games they clearly state the game requires FW17+ and have always been like this I just download, install with tinfoil that skips the FW version check and play fine on much lower FW for years and it just always worked with fusee payload with updated Sigpatches.

While with fss0 + Hekate Slatest igpatches I can only play games up to my FW so like I said it looks like Hekate own booting method is overriding some nice feature that always worked and even was a thing since SXOS days...

Ps: of course it gets to a point where it really needs a FW update eventually but usually can play many FW above mine just fine with fusee payload...
Then boot fusee normally and use sys patch. If it breaks then it's Atmosphere that is the issue or a signature patch. I've yet to see soemone else's complain, but I know you use exfat which hopefully most don't. So might be the factor causing the issue.
Still the Hekate Sigpatches that @impeeza posted have all the firmwares inside the patches.ini that I checked for both fat and exFAT.

And if with fusee payload they work fine I don't see why FSS0 wouldn't with exFAT and the Sigpatches are clearly working since I can install any game and play fine as long as they are not above my FW...

I'm exactly sticking with Hekate fusee payload and still perfecting my OC to the max, but wanted to test FSS0 method to see if OC has any difference in terms of stability since Hekate has a lot of ram and OC stuff in it but whatever I'm simply currently testing 2115.2mhz at 1.212v on memories currently on loop28 of memtest longtest and will proceed with game testing and continuing my GPU undervolt per each frequency and forget about Hekate FSS0 boot method...
I honestly don't get you.
You don't want to update Atmosphere and HOS. You don't want to use sys-patch and dbi as suggested.
Everything works fine for you on your current setup when you use fusee.bin as payload. So why don't you just stick with that? Why are you so obsessed with getting it to work with the Hekate fss0 bootloader?
I already tried sys-patchs and same result at least with FSS0 boot method and updating atmosphere breaks almost everything specially my nice Lineon Conf5 OC which is by far the best by a mile away for Erista and who knows if he will ever update it ever again, its private not open source either...

And everything works fine with atmosphere 1.6.2 which is still the latest full stable release...
If you're not on FW 4.1 or lower, then you're just being stubborn. There is absolutely no reason for you to not update your firmware. None. At least on EMUmmc. If you're using syspatch, and see that Version Skip is ON, then I don't know what else to tell you. The sigpatches don't have a thing to do with ignoring the required FW version (afaik).

Whatever you're using to install the updates, is what you don't have configured correctly. Tinfoil, for example, has a setting to ignore firmware requirements when you install stuff. The other installers likely have the same setting.

EDIT: And I don't even know what this "salty" is that you mention. It's not required for sys-patch whatsoever.
If with fusee payload on my FW16.1 runs everything FW17+ why wouldn't FSS0 Hekate boot method not, that's what I would like to know.

And updating new atmosphere for example breaks the Sigpatches and the OC Im using is not updated and is by far the best and Lineon is not being around discord to hopefully update his nice Conf5.

The SaltyNX is for reverseNX, NX-FPS and other stuff I have...

----------------------------------------
It's exactly like they say on discord, fishes say to stick with fusee and snakes say to stick with Hekate fss0 and chose your poison which for me fishes are winning :D

And BTW Meha the current original OC suite dev just released a new sys-clk-oc-0331 on discord, just really need is for Lineon to show up with a updated Conf5 :sad:

Last edited by guily6669,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, as the IPS Patch Creator Repo goes down to avoid the big N ninjas and the rain of DMCAs the most recent version of IP Patch Creator 1.5.7, with support for FW 18.0.0 and Atmosphère 1.7.0 is here:

View attachment 428971
Please add this to the OP too (if it's not there already :P)

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i did but latest atmosphere block them. my presidure of updating the switch is. delete tinfoil update switch with official nintendo update. download latest atmosphere fusee.bin sigpatches and tinfoil. but this time tinfoil and backup games arent working and reading this treat i see that latest atmosphere ignore sig patches
Unless you know what you're doing, when there's a new nintendo update you have to wait for atmosphere and sigpatches to be updated before you update firmware. I'm not sure what the progress is right now but it might not be ready yet. You should also update these things 'before' you go for nintendo's firmware update.
Or maybe you can downgrade in the meantime, I dont know. (never done it)

Last edited by Windsall,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Mondooooo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIyM_akS9Z8 +1