Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I apologise for the stupid questions!

So I have updated my Switch to 17.0.0 on the EmuMMC, updated Hekate, Atmosphere 1.6.2, fusee.bin etc. The Switch crashes with the error code for a blanked prodkey. I have backups of my prodkeys for both SysMMC and EmuMMC. If I boot my Switch into SysMMC, it's on an old firmware and the serial number shown in the settings is correct for the console, ie: I never blanked the SysMMC one.

However, booting my Switch into EmuMMC crashes. I have the backups of absolutely everything, including the prodkey bin files from Incognito_RCM. I understand to get my EmuMMC working again, I'll need to restore the prodkey to EmuMMC via Incognito_RCM. The problem I think is that there isn't a version (yet) that supports 17.0.0.

This repository supports 16.0 - https://github.com/mistervampi/Incognito_RCM - using this, I get 'unknown pkg1 version' when it's attempting to retrieve biskeys.

Are my options to wait for an Incognito_RCM to support 17.0, or to simply delete my EmuMMC and start over, with no blanked serial number? I have a lot of data inside the EmuMMC so it would be a pain to lose it all.

Thanks!
If you want to restore your prodkey.bin you can downgrade EmuMMC to 16.0.0 with Daybreak, then use Incognito_RCM to restore prodkey and then use Daybreak to upgrade EmuMMC back to 17.0.0

But you can also just use DNSmitm to block Nintendo servers. Then your switch will not crash even with a blanked serial.
https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've ever turned your machine on in OFW, before ever using CFW, while on a firmware higher than 4.1, then the nogc option is pointless, and in fact causes some people problems when booting with game cart inserted. Only people who are still convinced that a cold-boot CFW will come for 4.1 or lower, are worried about it. With that said, kip1patch=nogc is intended to be used when booting with stock=1 (for those concerned about this). Otherwise, it should be up in your global config in the form of
Code:
[config]
autonogc=1

There is a pretty detailed explanation of every one of these things on the front page of the repo. Not knowing this, is why I despise AIO packs.
Good to know. I suspected nogc was only useful when booting with stock=1, but I wasn't completely sure as that would mean you're either on the last firmware and can download games from eShop, or you can't use your Switch at all.. I think.
When you say “repo,” do you mean Hekate's?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say “repo,” do you mean Hekate's?
Yes. But autonogc is the same thing as kip1patch=nogc. But it applies to all of your entries (unless you specifically use kip1patch on a boot entry, in which case it will use that, I think).

But again, if you've ever run your switch above fw 4.0 (I thought 4.1 before... dunno why that was stuck in my head), then there is no use for either. Personally, I always have it =0. I always have a cart in the slot, and don't want any surprise black screens.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: SkullHex2

cmdwedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you want to restore your prodkey.bin you can downgrade EmuMMC to 16.0.0 with Daybreak, then use Incognito_RCM to restore prodkey and then use Daybreak to upgrade EmuMMC back to 17.0.0

But you can also just use DNSmitm to block Nintendo servers. Then your switch will not crash even with a blanked serial.

That did the trick! Now boots and works in EmuMMC on 17.0.0, thanks so much for your help. Probably no reason to unblank the prodkey now anyway. My SysMMC remains clean and I still haven't revealed the key to Nintendo.

Cannot thank you enough for this!

Reactions: petspeed

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That did the trick! Now boots and works in EmuMMC on 17.0.0, thanks so much for your help. Probably no reason to unblank the prodkey now anyway. My SysMMC remains clean and I still haven't revealed the key to Nintendo.

Cannot thank you enough for this!
exaclty, you don need so far, has been explained a couple of times on the last posts.

piek50

Trophies
XP
Country
Suriname
I have updated to the latest Atmosphère, Hekate and sigpatches and everything worked fine like two weeks ago.
Now today i try to connect to the internet and im getting this. can someone give me some advice how to fix this? I'm using GFW on sysnan.

Edit :
after i delete the exosphere ini file the crash stops.
I have try the options on this website but i got crash again.

Attachments

• 20231201_134441.jpg
    20231201_134441.jpg
    921.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by piek50,

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I have updated to the latest Atmosphère, Hekate and sigpatches and everything worked fine like two weeks ago.
Now today i try to connect to the internet and im getting this. can someone give me some advice how to fix this? I'm using GFW on sysnan.

Edit :
after i delete the exosphere ini file the crash stops.
I have try the options on this website but i got crash again.
It's been explained so many times before
You need to use DNSmitm to block nintendo servers. Then the crash won't happen even with a blanked serial. Instructions are on the site you link to yourself

eskirol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well sorry but 4 answers above I only see someone talking who updated hekate, ams and sigpatches but I don't see anything about 17.0.1

gusklein

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Incorrect. They work fine since nothing changed with Atmosphere.
Plus it's a minor update, not a massive one that changed a lot of things in the system.

Splatoon 3 latest update not installing because sigpaptches. Rocket League latest update not installing because sigpaptches. Trying install on latest Tinfoil. "Convert to standard cripto" not working.

gusklein

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did the tests. The installation only works if done with DBI and doing a forced downgrade in encryption. Conclusion: It works by doing workarounds, but the existence and possible need for 17.0.1 sigpatches is real.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?