Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are not following the right part of the guide. You are not updating to boot9strap since you never had a9lh. You need to start at https://3ds.guide/get-started and begin with whatever firmware your sysnand is on.
Not true at all, if he's on Luma he has the conditions to install boot9strap which is the exact same process when either installing new or updating A9LH. The only difference is the introduction to homebrew entry points. The guide literally goes Homebrew>Boot9Strap>Update.

Besides, he already said he was running Luma on A9LH. Please read.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true at all, if he's on Luma he has the conditions to install boot9strap which is the exact same process when either installing new or updating A9LH. The only difference is the introduction to homebrew entry points. The guide literally goes Homebrew>Boot9Strap>Update.
The chainloader won't work unless you are using a9lh, but I had him confused with someone else so maybe he does have a9lh.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The chainloader won't work unless you are using a9lh, but I had him confused with someone else so maybe he does have a9lh.
Yes, which is why Safehax/Udsploit exist, which is explained in the "install bootstrap" section after HomeBrew. He didn't need any of that though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry, I meant this test version of it. I haven't officially released anything new yet.
Yeah sure, I'll test it for you. Is there a Luma hourly to update to?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, which is why Safehax/Udsploit exist, which is explained in the "install bootstrap" section after HomeBrew. He didn't need any of that though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah sure, I'll test it for you. Is there a Luma hourly to update to?
Hourlies are still busted. astronautlevel2 is hopefully gonna fix it soon.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Right, all I was saying is he can't use the upgrade to boot9strap part of the guide because the chainloader won't work. It would be simpler just to follow the guide from the beginning.

If you are going to direct someone to a guide it should at a minimum be one they can follow from beginning to end without deviation.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, all I was saying is he can't use the upgrade to boot9strap part of the guide because the chainloader won't work. It would be simpler just to follow the guide from the beginning.

If you are going to direct someone to a guide it should at a minimum be one they can follow from beginning to end without deviation.
What? Yes he can he has A9LH. I directed him to the correct guide updating to B9S from A9LH. He doesn't need to follow the guide from the beginning dude. Why are you thinking he doesn't have A9LH when he clearly said he does?

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Bu2d85
Ok, having trouble getting started with the upgrade from a9lh to boot9strap. Holding start when powering on doesn't do anything for me. I can hold select and get Luma3ds config. ???

Yeah, he straight up said he was following the upgrade part of the guide ( I didn't link him to anything) and "select" brings him to the Luma config = A9LH install. The information I gave him after the fact was 100% accurate as per the guide, or basic troubleshooting. So I have no idea what you're talking about.

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is in the guide. You need a torrent client like Deluge to obtain the file.

Edit: Ninja'd
Thanks, found it. I didn't notice the tab "updating from A9LH" and simply followed "Installing with homebrewlauncher" an there were no secretsector.bin linked there.
By the way, does A9LH still exist? If I delete the .firm payload then I can still use the older Lumas with .bin payload right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: