Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Question, on one of my 3DS'es, the Luma version is still 6.6. I see that 7.1 no longer supports A9LH. Can I still use the Luma 6.6, to install Boot9Strap?
I would recommend you just download Luma 7.0.5 and overwrite your old arm9loaderhax.bin then do the guide, it's easier than to fiddle to much.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no didn't update (thank goodness, still on 11.3) than goodness it deleted that update title, it's nice to get a relief from the message for a while.
Why not just update at this point? With B9S and Luma it's perfectly safe to update to 11.4 with no issues (other than a quick fix for HBL by getting the 11.2 otherapp and renaming it to the 11.4 otherapp)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the difference between sighax and b9s?
sighax and boot9strap are virtually identical in concept. But boot9strap is much more fleshed out for public use, whil sighax is more for devs.
Both achieve the same thing, but execute it a bit differently. Sighax installs directly to NAND, while boot9strap install partly to NAND, but reads the actual boot information from SD similar to a9lh.
End result is identical, and I only recommend boot9strap at this point.

Reactions: goldensun87

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just pushed a fix. 10.3 uses the 10.2 FIRM. In what way was it bricked? If the FIRM partitions are corrupted, the hardmod method will not work.

It was a botched downgrade to start, then i used tiny format and now its basically fully bricked.

It just weird that NAND restores don't work when they have been tested working before. I'm guessing this thing is really dead at this point if its not even launching the bootrom. I assumed the bootrom was the bluescreen you need to be on when you plug the SD card into the PC and turn the 3ds on when dumping/restoring.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It is clear now. First i have to downgrade to 2.1 and follow the whole proccess to install A9LH and then i replace it with Boot9Strap

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, having trouble getting started with the upgrade from a9lh to boot9strap. Holding start when powering on doesn't do anything for me. I can hold select and get Luma3ds config. ???

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A9LH first, then use 3ds.guide to update as they have a guide tailored for those with a9lh.
Not true, it's actually easier and less risky to install B9S directly on their 9.2 Sysnand. It doesn't require downgrading at all anymore, so less chance of bricks and all you need is a homebrew entrypoint to get started.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, having trouble getting started with the upgrade from a9lh to boot9strap. Holding start when powering on doesn't do anything for me. I can hold select and get Luma3ds config. ???
Do you have the payloads in SD:/luma/payloads? Also what version of Luma are you running? Newer versions use a chainloader while older ones require the payloads to be linked to corresponding buttons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around? Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says...