Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey so does this break ntr? A lot of things break ntr...
(not sure if anyone answered this yet, but 10 pages is a lot to go through and this just happened to be the page I opened on)
Staring too long on a Tuesday breaks NTR.
That aside I went and tested NTR on Luma3DS and it actually gave me an error on my end. So either something is wrong on my end or boot9strap breaks NTR. I did replicate the tests on a private CFW as well and got the same results.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(not sure if anyone answered this yet, but 10 pages is a lot to go through and this just happened to be the page I opened on)
That aside I went and tested NTR on Luma3DS and it actually gave me an error on my end. So either something is wrong on my end or boot9strap breaks NTR. I did replicate the tests on a private CFW as well and got the same results.
Still using Mizuki?

Reactions: daxtsu

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Worked just fine for me.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How was I supposed to run something that wouldn't exist for months?
Delete the "config.bin" file in the luma folder on your SD card.
Delete the arm9loaderhax.bin from your SD card.
Copy the new arm9loaderhax.bin directly from the zip file to your SD card, don't extract it to your desktop first.
Don't use wi-fi to transfer the files.
Transfer them twice to preserve the integrity and avoid corruption.

When you put your SD card back in, you will automatically be prompted with the Luma config screen without pressing anything. If it still says v6.6 after doing all of the above, then go HERE and download the latest version of Godmode9.

Rename the payload to "left_GodMode9.bin" and place it inside SD:/luma/payloads.
Hold the left directional button, while keeping it pressed, power on the console. If it loads correctly, follow these directions using the arm9loaderhax.bin from the Luma v7.0.5 release:

1. Launch GodMode9.
  2. Navigate to [0:] SDCARD -> luma -> payloads
  3. Press (X) on start_SafeB9SInstaller.bin to delete it
  4. Press (A) to confirm
  5. Press (B) to return to [0:] SDCARD
  6. Press (Y) on arm9loadherhax.bin to copy it
  7. Press (B) to return to the main menu
  8. Navigate to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND
  9. Press (Y) to paste a copy of arm9loadherhax.bin.
  10. Select “Copy path(s)”
  11. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing, then input the key combo given
  12. <SNIP>
  13. Press (A) to confirm
  14. Press (B) to return to the main menu
  15. Hold (R) and press (B) at the same time to eject your SD card
  16. Remove your SD card from your device
  17. Press (Start) to reboot your device with your SD card removed
    • Booting your device at least once with your SD card removed will allow you to configure the CTRNAND based Luma3DS installation
  18. Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
  19. Reinsert your SD card into your device
Press (Start) to save and reboot

If you still can't load the payload, rename Godmode9.bin, to arm9loaderhax.bin and put it on the root of your SD card letting it replace the one from Luma. It should boot your 3DS directly into Godmode9.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Try Nanquitas's NTR Selector, that's working fine for me.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can break homebrew, but smea pretty good about fixing it for N3DS. Also most things don't need homebrew anyway. So you're fine if you have B9S or even a9lh.
With CFW they can't even break homebrew for very long. Just a quick patch and old payloads still work.

ntr 3.5 working fine on my end, Luma 7.1 n3ds. Even NTR Viewer worked perfectly
Edit: Loaded with NTR Selector, may make a difference

Reactions: goldensun87

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
N3DS XL 11.4 B9S using NTR Selector with Luma 7.1 NTR 3.5 works for me.
Try Nanquitas's NTR Selector, that's working fine for me.
With CFW they can't even break homebrew for very long. Just a quick patch and old payloads still work.

ntr 3.5 working fine on my end, Luma 7.1 n3ds. Even NTR Viewer worked perfectly
Edit: Loaded with NTR Selector, may make a difference
Then something is fucked up on my end
So being that something had to be wrong, I went and did a complete clean install of NTR. Why? Easier and takes less time than troubleshooting everything
Complete re-install and it's working now.
My guess, something was broken long before this and I didn't catch it until I wanted to help

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Then something is fucked up on my end
So being that something had to be wrong, I went and did a complete clean install of NTR. Why? Easier and takes less time than troubleshooting everything
Complete re-install and it's working now.
My guess, something was broken long before this and I didn't catch it until I wanted to help

Outdated ntr.bin would be my guess. It was updated to work on 11.4 not that long ago.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Outdated ntr.bin would be my guess. It was updated to work on 11.4 not that long ago.
Mine should have been up to date, but shit happens. At least it works for me again
Thanks everyone who noticed I had an issue and helped! ^_^

Reactions: daxtsu

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the "config.bin" file in the luma folder on your SD card.
Delete the arm9loaderhax.bin from your SD card.
Copy the new arm9loaderhax.bin directly from the zip file to your SD card, don't extract it to your desktop first.
Don't use wi-fi to transfer the files.
Transfer them twice to preserve the integrity and avoid corruption.

When you put your SD card back in, you will automatically be prompted with the Luma config screen without pressing anything. If it still says v6.6 after doing all of the above, then go HERE and download the latest version of Godmode9.

Rename the payload to "left_GodMode9.bin" and place it inside SD:/luma/payloads.
Hold the left directional button, while keeping it pressed, power on the console. If it loads correctly, follow these directions using the arm9loaderhax.bin from the Luma v7.0.5 release:

1. Launch GodMode9.
  2. Navigate to [0:] SDCARD -> luma -> payloads
  3. Press (X) on start_SafeB9SInstaller.bin to delete it
  4. Press (A) to confirm
  5. Press (B) to return to [0:] SDCARD
  6. Press (Y) on arm9loadherhax.bin to copy it
  7. Press (B) to return to the main menu
  8. Navigate to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND
  9. Press (Y) to paste a copy of arm9loadherhax.bin.
  10. Select “Copy path(s)”
  11. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing, then input the key combo given
  12. <SNIP>
  13. Press (A) to confirm
  14. Press (B) to return to the main menu
  15. Hold (R) and press (B) at the same time to eject your SD card
  16. Remove your SD card from your device
  17. Press (Start) to reboot your device with your SD card removed
    • Booting your device at least once with your SD card removed will allow you to configure the CTRNAND based Luma3DS installation
  18. Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
  19. Reinsert your SD card into your device
Press (Start) to save and reboot

If you still can't load the payload, rename Godmode9.bin, to arm9loaderhax.bin and put it on the root of your SD card letting it replace the one from Luma. It should boot your 3DS directly into Godmode9.

Thanks so much for the help but that didn't do it. However it did get me to recheck the old guide and it did have me put the arm9loaderhax.bin in the ctrnand thing which I now see. If I simply delete that file will it start using the one off the root of the sd like we want? Or should I update the one in ctrnand?

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm too poor to afford an xbox one good sir.

Please excuse my PC peasant status.

/s
dang that sucks :( i was joking earlier, its the middle of the night for me so i just said "fuck it"
The epitome of working "harder vs. smarter". How is using two gaming consoles more efficient than a PC with a mouse? Still pretty cool though :D
exactly. you arent doing it right unless you do it 300 times harder than it needs to be :D

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for the help but that didn't do it. However it did get me to recheck the old guide and it did have me put the arm9loaderhax.bin in the ctrnand thing which I now see. If I simply delete that file will it start using the one off the root of the sd like we want? Or should I update the one in ctrnand?
Either or, to be honest.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm more interested in why it's loading the one from CTRNAND instead of the SD card if all your games are intact though....... That makes no sense. Unless the arm9.bin is corrupted or you're copying the same one that you removed.

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either or, to be honest.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm more interested in why it's loading the one from CTRNAND instead of the SD card if all your games are intact though....... That makes no sense. Unless the arm9.bin is corrupted or you're copying the same one that you removed.

Removed the file from ctrnand and now the 3ds immediatly powers off after turning on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i did that in the morning but with vinegar +1