OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have an HP 48GX calculator that I absolutely love. It was made in 1993 and I think it's pretty rare today. I use it all the time for school, and it's the best calculator I've ever used. I wish RPN calculators were more popular!

View attachment 345539
I love the Texas Instruments calculators because you can load games on some of them.

Reactions: ciaomao and vika

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does duel ips new 3ds xl count? It was not even sold as one on ebay. I'm not really interested in rare things.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
I am a huge music nerd and used to go after rare stuff from my favorite bands.

I don't have pictures right now as I am at work but I own the second demo tape from Children Of Bodom and Alcest's only demo tape. Those are probably the rarest things I have physically. My brother however is a huge retro video game collector and with this past Christmas I helped him finally complete his Castlevania collection. He now has every single Castlevania game that has been released in the US in a nice little display case in his apartment.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have a massive Dragon Ball collection as I collected it for years, but decided to sell it all off and have the money instead.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
All the things on my sig aren´t specially rare by their own with a few exceptions (the Revision 1 PAL Atari 2600 light sixer built by hand in California, for example, and has a story behind!) but the rare bit is to find most of them connected together all the time in my game room.

Most systems have their Everdrive or have been modded in some way to allow playing, and some of the systems have their entire romset loaded, others just a selection. The room can handle two signals at once: one digital, one analog and can output all of them to a PC monitor or just the analog ones to a CRT screen.

Many systems have been modded to output better fidelity video standards. For streaming, there is a passthrough capture card just before the PC monitor, and I control OBS on another PC monitor. From the top of my head there is at least 10 systems permanently ready to play and the Gamecube lets me play GB-GBC-GBA carts in digital 480p60 as well.

ArtisanHyren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got F-1 Race for Game Boy at a yard sale with the original box. Comes with the link cable and hub. Then the Game Boy Player, Pokemon XD, Colosseum, and the Enigma Berry cards (used one to evolve Feebas). I like to think Kid Icarus Uprising and the 3DS stand go for a bit of money because it's so expensive in the aftermarket now. Definitely holding on to it. That and my One Step From Eden Limited Run physical copy. I really dug the idea for the game and read a review on it on the forum I was on to sell me.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the wrist strap that came in the red DS Phat Mario Kart DS bundle. Still sealed in it's wrapper.

DSC_0487.JPG

TessGill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a rare Star Gate lego set that doesnt really exist anymore. At least they don't profuse the Star Gate sets.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
These are no means rare, but not that common either these days.
SGI Fuel "workstation" - more a glorified Indy than real workstation IMO, and from the time your home PC ran circles around SGI iron. Boosted with fiber SCSI for a project that didn't ever complete.
Amiga 3000 desktop towered and 68060/66 turbocard . For me - even with the lack of AGA - the best Amiga ever designed with onboard VGA and whatnot.

P_20230115_133924.jpg

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Maybe a Roland V-Synth, and A Shadows Tale for the Wii, complete in box!

Also, I don't think if it counts, but, I have a GCN Viper case, it makes the GCN loads normal sized DVD's, so I can load burned DVD-R's on it, it's cool, only a few of them were made, so I consider it rare.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a Roland V-Synth, and A Shadows Tale for the Wii, complete in box!

Also, I don't think if it counts, but, I have a GCN Viper case, it makes the GCN loads normal sized DVD's, so I can load burned DVD-R's on it, it's cool, only a few of them were made, so I consider it rare.
I saw A4000 on ebay and the prices are no joke 2k usd+

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crusty white +3