MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? Mine costme refurbished from nintendo 99USD is on the same condition when I buy. Wow I did gain 900USD!!!
Damn, I just checked prices, and it looks like the scalper bubble has burst. They're back down to reasonable-ish prices again.

Screenshot_20230622_205935_eBay.jpg

Perisys1312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rare in the sense that it's literally one of a kind, my Bombac V1s, they're the first and only prototype built from the V1 design of the board PCB... that I designed with a lot of help from my friend. Working on a V3 with built-in microcontrollers and diodes, pinout for LEDs, and case options. (Image attached has keycaps that fit, not those that perfectly matching functions, the num row and alphas are however all 100% accurate.)

A split, column-staggered, ortholinear keyboard with AKKO Neon keycaps and an artisan mudkip keycap in the place of the grave and escape key.

Last edited by Perisys1312,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Rare in the sense that it's literally one of a kind, my Bombac V1s, they're the first and only prototype built from the V1 design of the board PCB... that I designed with a lot of help from my friend. Working on a V3 with built-in microcontrollers and diodes, pinout for LEDs, and case options. (Image attached has keycaps that fit, not those that perfectly matching functions, the num row and alphas are however all 100% accurate.)

View attachment 379594
As someone that types with two fingers, that's nightmare fuel...

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom

View attachment 379594
That is a stunner! Love me a split board, though I don't think I could ever get used to the way those keys are laid out. I'm used to the standard staggered stuff, so my preference is things like the UHK.

While I'm here, I suppose I should contribute wiiiiiiiith...... the ultimate TV GBA setup!

1687593067180.png

Real GBA hardware modded to have a Mini HDMI out and use a SNES controller. I don't think this is rare in the sense that it's particularly inaccessible, moreso in the sense that not many people are going to mod their GBA like this or pay the price of buying one from a store (I think I paid £300-400?). Seriously nice piece of kit though.

For the bonus round, some kinda rare software? The media version of Mario Maker 2. Functionally identical to the retail release, but points to different servers for the levels (these servers went offline at launch). The game is perpetually stuck on version 1.0 too, so it's a fun time capsule of the game at launch.

1687593237663.png

Perisys1312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Typing the way corporate America wants me to type feels ULTRA unnatural to me. I can hunt n' peck much faster than if I try to homerow.
ill be real, typing class is for corporate husks, i just learned a keyboard myself and my autistic ass types weird on a normal keyboard, and probably on this one, though its my own design, so in a sense its correct

Reactions: impeeza

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
That is a stunner! Love me a split board, though I don't think I could ever get used to the way those keys are laid out. I'm used to the standard staggered stuff, so my preference is things like the UHK.

While I'm here, I suppose I should contribute wiiiiiiiith...... the ultimate TV GBA setup!

View attachment 379610

Real GBA hardware modded to have a Mini HDMI out and use a SNES controller. I don't think this is rare in the sense that it's particularly inaccessible, moreso in the sense that not many people are going to mod their GBA like this or pay the price of buying one from a store (I think I paid £300-400?). Seriously nice piece of kit though.

For the bonus round, some kinda rare software? The media version of Mario Maker 2. Functionally identical to the retail release, but points to different servers for the levels (these servers went offline at launch). The game is perpetually stuck on version 1.0 too, so it's a fun time capsule of the game at launch.

View attachment 379611
I wanna do the SP mod of this, and even go as far as to solder the wireless receiver inside the unit itself and modify the shell's STL file to just show the sync button with USB port for firmware updates. (I assume that's what the port is for.)

Reactions: Perisys1312

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wanna do the SP mod of this, and even go as far as to solder the wireless receiver inside the unit itself and modify the shell's STL file to just show the sync button with USB port for firmware updates. (I assume that's what the port is for.)
Yeah I think that's right. It's just 8BitDo's Retro Receiver. Super nice that it gets enough power from the port. Good luck with that mod if you do end up doing it, sounds like it'd be rad.

Reactions: Perisys1312

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I own a 20p mule coin. Incorrectly minted back in 2008. Neither side has a year on. The Royal Mint offered people £50 to return them and a hell of a lot of people did, making the remaining ones rare. Not exactly an exciting thing, but its till rare :lol:. One sold for £20,000

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Mario teach typing was my trainer:

url(10).jpg

By the way the "modern" keyboard layout isn't american (continent) invention, it's european, so no American corporate wants you to type on any way 😁😝

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Commodore 64 copy floppy disc or tape on floppy you peel the sticker off right side just like sd card push up to lock as if sticker is cover is locked. when you remove the sticker off it is unlocked and free to copy

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can’t tell from the outside, so I’ll spare you the bandwidth and not upload a photo.

I have a PS2 that I bought long ago. I got it from a Canadian online shop. It came pre-modded with a DMS3+ chip. It is a fat console with an original BB adapter. 300gb ide drive with much games. The thing is great, but now I have a hacked PS3 that can run all my PS2 games. So, PS2 doesn’t get much screen time.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a fat console with an original BB adapter.
"BB adapter"?
300gb ide drive with much games.
Hmm.. I would update to a sata hdd adapter (or ide to sata board with the OEM network adapter), as i just don't trust those old drives (Maxtor most likely).
The thing is great, but now I have a hacked PS3 that can run all my PS2 games. So, PS2 doesn’t get much screen time.
Hmm.. You have a BC fat model?

Goes for a $1000 if it is dual IPS.
Wow, That's insane!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1