Hacking Should I...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the money and want to play GBA games then sure, why not.

I've had one for quite a while now and it works for just about everything. Only thing that didn't work for me was one of the Rayman games, I can't remember which one.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone with a DSlite should get some form of slot 2 cart. Not only does it open up GBA games and homebrew, but some DS games/apps/homebrew can use the slot2 for extra memory and dumping DS ROMs.

Yes, you should get it.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Anyone with a DSlite should get some form of slot 2 cart. Not only does it open up GBA games and homebrew, but some DS games/apps/homebrew can use the slot2 for extra memory and dumping DS ROMs.

Yes, you should get it.
Agreed! I have a DSLite and an EZ3in1. Before I got my 3in1 I could only play DS games and DS homebrew. Now my library of available games has nearly doubled with the use of the 3in1! There's some awesome GBA games out there too.

One thing I will say about the 3in1 is, some GBA ROMs require patching in order to save games correctly. This can be quite confusing, but once you sort it, the 3in1 is an awesome addition to the DS.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rayder said:

Yes, you should get it.
So with an EZ 3in1 DS ROMs can be dumped, too?
Does it work like "pick game to dump, ROM is written on the EZ 3in1 memory, at 100% insert a Flashcard and the ROM is written on the Micro SD and then deleted/removed from EZ 3in1"?

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
SignZ said:
Rayder said:

Yes, you should get it.
Does it work like "pick game to dump, ROM is written on the EZ 3in1 memory, at 100% insert a Flashcard and the ROM is written on the Micro SD and then deleted/removed from EZ 3in1"?

You put your flashcart in with Rudolph's tool, and run said tool. When prompted, pull out flashcart and insert retail cart. Rudolph's tool will do it's thing and copy the data to the 3in1. After it's done, put flashcart back in and the tool will save the ROM to a specified folder on the flashcart.

It can even dump ROMs that are bigger than the memory available on the 3in1 by cutting them up and joining them back together when the process is completed. Very clever.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SixtySixHundred said:
SignZ said:
Rayder said:

Yes, you should get it.

You put your flashcart in with Rudolph's tool, and run said tool. When prompted, pull out flashcart and insert retail cart. Rudolph's tool will do it's thing and copy the data to the 3in1. After it's done, put flashcart back in and the tool will save the ROM to a specified folder on the flashcart.

It can even dump ROMs that are bigger than the memory available on the 3in1 by cutting them up and joining them back together when the process is completed. Very clever.
Sweet, I might get one now.
smile.gif

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SixtySixHundred said:
One thing I will say about the 3in1 is, some GBA ROMs require patching in order to save games correctly. This can be quite confusing, but once you sort it, the 3in1 is an awesome addition to the DS.
AKAIO and GBA Exploader automatically patches GBA game before flashing it to 3in1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night