Hacking Question Should I upgrade my Nintendo Switch ?

20Legend

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a brand new Nintendo Switch and it has a serial number XAJ4008262#### and its on firmware 6.2.0
I checked my switch's status and it was patched version. I saw some videos on youtube where they showed how to downgrade the firmware to 4.1.0 where patched switch can be hacked. The guy on the video was talking about some nand backup and burned fuse which I did not understand.
At the moment my switch is plain (nothing apart from the OS) and not even a web browser is on it. It ask me to upgrade to the latest version to use eshop but I currently have bought some physical copies of the game. My question is should I upgrade my firmware or wait for exploit to come so that I can install cfw on my switch.

Thanks for your suggestion guys and this is my day 1 with the switch.:D:switch:

20Legend

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Funny thing was
Return it and buy an unpatched Switch if you want CFW. I'm also pretty sure that YouTube video is bogus. Please post it.

Funny thing was it did not let me play the game (cartridge) I purchased without updating... what a bummer..
I guess I will be completing the Zelda The Breath Of The Wild and get an unpatched switch.
Another problem here is seller who sell switch on eBay are hesitant to show the serial number but will keep trying with different sellers.

LapCheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Funny thing was

Funny thing was it did not let me play the game (cartridge) I purchased without updating... what a bummer..
I guess I will be completing the Zelda The Breath Of The Wild and get an unpatched switch.
Another problem here is seller who sell switch on eBay are hesitant to show the serial number but will keep trying with different sellers.
Most seller should be fine showing the serial but i come across some are hesitant as well. Most likely they know they have patched switch, which you are not interested in buying

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/YA4kJ6L