Hacking Should I upgrade from 3.2e to 4.0?

Patto1976

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
piratesmack said:
Patto1976 said:
Going for it now. Lets see how it goes.

Good luck
smile.gif
Did not need luck with your guidence. The upgrade worked like a charm. Just need to sort out the preloader stuff now. But I am very happy, up to version 4.0 and no brick. Cheers mate.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patto1976 said:
Did not need luck with your guidence. The upgrade worked like a charm. Just need to sort out the preloader stuff now. But I am very happy, up to version 4.0 and no brick. Cheers mate.

Glad I could help

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
itsmeoreo said:
which is the better program to use: startpatch or preloader?

Preloader has more functionality but is more awkward to remove.

Startpatch has less functionality in comparison (it still gets the job done) and it easier to handle.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
itsmeoreo said:
what do you mean by "more awkward to remove"? is there a potential brick issue in removing preloader?

You can remove it by reinstalling your system menu (Either with a wad or anyregion changer), but it doesn't COMPLETELY remove it.
There is a few small files left behind (hacks.ini, settings.txt, and your old system menu's main.dol I think), but they shouldn't cause any problems.
Not sure why you'd want to uninstall preloader anyway.

Patto1976

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
piratesmack said:
Patto1976 said:

Glad I could help

Cheers again mate, just checked and the internet channel and shop channel now work again. Will connect usb drive up in the morning and test that but all homebrew is working so I do not expect it to fail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto