Should I update?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by g2n, Nov 15, 2012.

Nov 15, 2012

Should I update? by g2n at 8:12 PM (853 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. g2n
    OP

Newcomer g2n Member

United States
    Hey guys,

I haven't lurked gbatemp since two summers ago and I've read all the stickies about the current progress. I'm still on 4.0.0-7U (had to upgrade for a game that I had).

Do you think I should update my 3ds or is it worth waiting for a hack or a potential 3ds flash cart?

Also, do flash cards normally come flashed to work for the most recent firmware? I'm thinking of ordering a DSTwo so should I wait to get that before updating if I do decide to?

2. 3bbb7

Member 3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No flashcards work on the new firmware except dstwo and r4i gold. I suggest you dont update until after you get your dstwo in case it needs firmware updating. (I dont own one so I dont know if it needs it)

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Flash carts may or may not come updated, it depends on whether the shop you get them from updates them before sending them out. Also note that not all carts stay up to date. In fact the majority (of the total) don't work on the latest update at any given time.

4. wuher69

Newcomer wuher69 Member

United States
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I am in a similar situation. I haven't played with my 3DS much at all, but just got Paper Mario and understand that there is an update on the cart. Is there anything I can/should do to my system before running the update? I still use my regular DS for all flashcart purposes so I haven't really been keeping up with the 3DS scene

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    What do you mean? If you have an original DS you can just use that to update your cart. Which cart?