should I update my system ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by autem, Oct 25, 2016.

1. autem
    OP

autem Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2011
    United States
    hi, my system ver is 6.0.0-11U and I have Rxtool that I use to run cia games
    everything looks great

but I really want to boot to the EmuNAND without the need of the internet

someone before suggested to use this guide
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

and sadly it says I need to update my SysNAND to 9.2 and it may break my system
    and giving how bad I am with this stuff, I wanna ask if I should update it ? is the risk too high and is there another way to boot without the internet ?

thanks, sorry for being too noob :P

2. Autz

Autz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    Keep in mind that every process regarding console hack is delicate, so you take the risk or keep on relying on Browserhax. The only thing you need is both of your eyes to read the instructions carefully, and common sense.

3. autem
    OP

autem Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2011
    United States
    wow this sounds really risky

4. Autz

Autz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    If you don't feel with confidence to do it, give it to someone who will do it for you (at cost of $$$). Otherwise, you're just you and the 3DS.

5. autem
    OP

autem Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2011
    United States
    I think I am the only one who have a 3ds in my town, and maybe my counter :P
    I guess I will just let it go, I will just make sure my phone is with me and have an internet access
    thanks anyway

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia