Should I sell?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Knarf, Aug 3, 2009.

Aug 3, 2009

Should I sell? by Knarf at 12:09 AM (944 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

  1. Knarf
    OP

    Member Knarf GBAtemp Regular

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    Messages:
    208
    Country:
    United States
    Well I've got a Acekard 2i and I'm wondering if I should sell the Acekard 2i, and pay the extra cash to get a M3i or Cycloi. Do you think Acekard 2i will be updateable to work for 1.4 or should I sell it? I'm right now running the second update (So I could access the shop.
     
  2. Da-Bomb1

    Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2009
    Messages:
    795
    Location:
    BC, Canada
    Country:
    Canada
    The AK2i is updatable, so the Acekard team might release an update in due time. We'll just have to wait and see.
     
  3. Elritha

    Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2006
    Messages:
    2,037
    Country:
    Canada
    Give it some time before you decide to get a new flashcart. The update is still new and the teams need time to find a solution.
     
  4. DSAndi

    Member DSAndi GBAtemp Regular

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2008
    Messages:
    167
    Country:
    Germany
    Lol why you think other cards work with the new DSI Firmware ? Why you update at all ?
    I would not update till a solution is found and sell the AK2i to someone else will be hard they will know it dont work anymore or have already updated the firmware.
    Personally i laugh at ppl that trade in there DS lite for a DSI but well if they think the DSI offers better stuff let em there illusion.
     
  5. Knarf
    OP

    Member Knarf GBAtemp Regular

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    Messages:
    208
    Country:
    United States
    DSAndi: I didn't trade anything. I still have my DS phat.
     
  6. afro193

    Newcomer afro193 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2009
    Messages:
    44
    Country:
    United States
    enjoy being left behind by nintendo in the near future
     
  7. PettingZoo

    Member PettingZoo yesss

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2008
    Messages:
    1,707
    Location:
    in the trap
    Country:
    Australia
    Just keep it man and don't update your DSi until a solution is found, the Ak2i is updateable but in a different method.
     
  8. JSHidaka

    Newcomer JSHidaka Member

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2008
    Messages:
    25
    Country:
    Dominican Republic
    ^

    I dont play GBA games. so why should I get a DSL? w/ any flash cart i can use Homebrew/games on my DSi. If nintendo makes the DSi update to play certain game.. for sure that game will be only for DSi.

    I just know, @ some point, they will release games for DSi only. till that moment DSAndi yea u can laugh @ ppl like us that got a DSi instead a DSL

    Back to the topic, yea, you should wait to see if Its true that those "Upgradable" carts can survive the firmware 1.4.
     
  9. toymin80r

    Member toymin80r GBAtemp Regular

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2009
    Messages:
    106
    Country:
    United States
    actually, i'd buy the card from you at a reasonable price if you've accidentally updated or just feel like getting a new card. I say you should wait a bit though... you never know.
     

Share This Page