Should I sell?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Knarf, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Knarf
    OP

Knarf GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2008
    United States
    Well I've got a Acekard 2i and I'm wondering if I should sell the Acekard 2i, and pay the extra cash to get a M3i or Cycloi. Do you think Acekard 2i will be updateable to work for 1.4 or should I sell it? I'm right now running the second update (So I could access the shop.

2. Da-Bomb1

Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2009
    Canada
    BC, Canada
    The AK2i is updatable, so the Acekard team might release an update in due time. We'll just have to wait and see.

3. Elritha

Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Jan 24, 2006
    Canada
    Give it some time before you decide to get a new flashcart. The update is still new and the teams need time to find a solution.

4. DSAndi

DSAndi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 18, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Lol why you think other cards work with the new DSI Firmware ? Why you update at all ?
    I would not update till a solution is found and sell the AK2i to someone else will be hard they will know it dont work anymore or have already updated the firmware.
    Personally i laugh at ppl that trade in there DS lite for a DSI but well if they think the DSI offers better stuff let em there illusion.

5. Knarf
    OP

Knarf GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2008
    United States
    DSAndi: I didn't trade anything. I still have my DS phat.

6. afro193

afro193 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    enjoy being left behind by nintendo in the near future

7. PettingZoo

PettingZoo yesss

Oct 5, 2008
    in the trap
    Just keep it man and don't update your DSi until a solution is found, the Ak2i is updateable but in a different method.

8. JSHidaka

JSHidaka Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2008
    ^

I dont play GBA games. so why should I get a DSL? w/ any flash cart i can use Homebrew/games on my DSi. If nintendo makes the DSi update to play certain game.. for sure that game will be only for DSi.

I just know, @ some point, they will release games for DSi only. till that moment DSAndi yea u can laugh @ ppl like us that got a DSi instead a DSL

Back to the topic, yea, you should wait to see if Its true that those "Upgradable" carts can survive the firmware 1.4.

9. toymin80r

toymin80r GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2009
    United States
    actually, i'd buy the card from you at a reasonable price if you've accidentally updated or just feel like getting a new card. I say you should wait a bit though... you never know.