Should I play Slime of Children of Mana?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by HugeCock, Oct 20, 2006.

Oct 20, 2006
  1. HugeCock
    OP

Member HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    Okay so I wasn't expected this kick ass early release of Children of Mana and yesterday I started Slime and got to the first save point and am wondering should I continue on Slime or should I say screw it and just start Children of Mana?

2. better than Shan

Member better than Shan GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    screw children. slime is 1000 times better

3. nunofgs

Member nunofgs GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    What's slime?

4. jimmy1

Newcomer jimmy1 Newbie

Norway
    Dragon Quest Heroes : Rocket Slime I suppose, but can't say that it's 1000 times better !! [​IMG]

5. HugeCock
    OP

United States
    Yea that's the slime I was referring to!

6. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    Play through slime and save these releases for later. You will be glad you did when the next dry season of nds releases comes up.

7. HugeCock
    OP

United States
    If I play Children of Mana now....couldn't I play Slime on the slow season? I was kinda wondering which one was better for those who played the Jap versions of both

8. TheStump

Member TheStump Got Wood?

Australia
    I have been playing slime ATM and love it. But am yet to play Children, i hope this makes your choice harder:D

9. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    What does it matter, you'll play both eventually anyway [​IMG]

10. lastdual

lastdual Newbie

From what I played of the import CoM, I would have to agree with the majority of players and critics that Rocket Slime is the better game.

Mana is fun but is basically just a dungeon crawl. Don't expect SD2 or 3.

11. bionicspider

Newcomer bionicspider Member

United States
    The graphics are very lush and full of vibrant color, and the intro. movie is a joy to behold.

As for the game itself, it seems rather linear so far; you can't really wander around the world to explore. It's like you're on a set track, and you can't stray off it. Wielding two weapons at the same time is nice, alternating between A and X, varying your attacks, but the enemies take forever to kill; you just have to keep hacking and slashing away before they finally succumb.

One of the annoying things about C of M is when you get a new weapon or armor in a dungeon; the game won't let you equip them until you finish said dungeon, and you can't equip weapons or armor until you reach a certain level. So you can be carrying around several powerful weapons, but they're useless until you reach a certain level in the game.

I think I need to play it some more to really get into it.

12. HugeCock
    OP

United States
    Wait CoM is a dungeoun crawl? Like POkemon Dungeon? Cause that game sucked

13. lastdual

lastdual Newbie

It's not really similar the Pokemon Dungeon/Fushigi No Dungeon series, more like a linear Mana version of something like Diablo - imagine a Mana game where there isn't much focus on exploration or towns, just dungeons.

14. HugeCock
    OP

United States
    You'd think I'd play then both eventually but I missed about 100 great games for the GBA so....good chance I won't

15. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Slime is fun man. Kinda easy....very easy but it was a great adventure. I beat it last week. Now, time to tackle COM [​IMG]

16. stefanc

Newcomer stefanc Member

Netherlands
    i would chose slime children of mana is not what i expected it would be :'(

17. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Slime is good fun. The "... of Mana" series is still in a very disappointing slump.

18. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    mana, i've gotten 100% on slime and its fun but the first 2 hours with mana beat the 14 with slime

i actually deleted slime off my card for mana.....just backup your saves they are both good games

19. Moneo

Newcomer Moneo Advanced Member

Hm, I sense a severe lack of crystal abuse 8)

With the right crystals equipped, pretty much everything in the game goes down in three sword slashes. If that's too long for you, then yes, you should look for a different game 8)

Overall, I'd say CoM is great. Unlike Zelda, you can play very aggressively and get away with it, and being able to send a foe flying some two screens away, bumping into objects and other enemies in the process, is simply priceless.

20. HugeCock
    OP

United States
    Well Slime seems really really easy then again I only just got half way I'd say through level 2....I have to wonder why this wasn't just a GBA game? I loved Secret of Mana however .... really did not like Sword of Mana... looks like I am gonna crank a few more hours into Slime...probally getting around to Children around the official release date....