Hacking Should I NOT install .wads? (no links, just a question)

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My BootMii will NOT work. Will NOT work. I delete it and downloaded a new version, I've tried installing it again from the HackMii installer thing, but it won't work.

(I made a NAND backup when I first hacked the Wii)

If a .wad bricks my Wii I have priiloader to get to the HBC and uninstall it using Wad Manager or should I not install any because I can't restore from my NAND backup because I cannot launch the BootMii thing?

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were you, I wouldn't. But maybe you can use PriiLoader if you get a semi-brick.
But if you wanted to install .WADs, just make sure you are DEFINITE that it will 100% work.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. How can I make sure it is 100%?

Also I just installed the new Shop Channel wad using it because I didn't want to update my system.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lightning said:
Aijelsop said:
Alright. How can I make sure it is 100%?

Also I just installed the new Shop Channel wad using it because I didn't want to update my system.

try to find 100% reliable sites. We Won´t give them.
Here's one! Download full 100% safe WADs!
tongue.gif

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you install a bad wad you get what is called a banner brick, priiloader also boots up befor the wii itself so yes you will still have priiloader you will just need to uninstall or use ATD to erase the wad you just installed
smile.gif
bootmii is just in case you screw up something major and Priiloader is best for banner bricks which it sounds like what your worrying about
smile.gif

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
most wads should be safe, usually the worst that can happen is a banner brick, In which case, as kylster already mentioned, priiloader can fix.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you should be safe, however in the chance when you boot your wii up and your get a black screen all you would have to do is boot your wii into priiloader load up hbc and either uninstall the .wad or use ATD to delete the installed channel. you should not worry about installing .wads
smile.gif
cause it's simple to fix if you get a poorly made one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1