Apple Should I jailbreak?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an iPhone 4 and I primarily use it for playing music (most of the space is taken up by music and I got 1 GB left for everything else. Should I go for it?

spruced

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ball2012003 said:
An unjailbroken iDevice is an incomplete device.
Yes, I definitely concur. It's easy enough to restore your device if you decide that you don't like the jailbreak.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Question is is there anything you want to add to your iDevice you can't get from the normal?
You can get emus etc. plus youtube downloading and theming along with a few extras. You can also change your multitasking settings so you don't have games the multitask and just take up memory and keep it for stuff that actually uses it e.g. Skype or Radio Apps. Of course you have the most powerful iPhone so it shouldn't bother you much. There are a lot of tweaks you can add ro your phone but at the same time you might not feel you need to the features so it may not be worth the hassle when it comes to updates.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jailbreaking removes any restrictions put by Apple. You can do almost anything. Almost. You can enable real multitasking, you can add SBsettings (Access settings from anywhere), you can install emulators for quite a bunch of devices, you can add a real flashlight, you can access your phone's file system, etc. The possibilities are limited to the power of your device . And as Jamstruth said, you have the biggest and baddest iPhone. It can handle things. I'm surprised that you still haven't jailbroken.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I've had my 2nd gen ipod touch jailbroken most the time I've had it, but I decided to get 4.0.2 and just not bother. Since then it's been a bit faster, and while there's a few things I miss, I think I'll trade speed for them. Although maybe your iphone 4 would be incredibly fast either way.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
metamaster said:
Jailbreaking removes any restrictions put by Apple. You can do almost anything. Almost. You can enable real multitasking, you can add SBsettings (Access settings from anywhere), you can install emulators for quite a bunch of devices, you can add a real flashlight, you can access your phone's file system, etc. The possibilities are limited to the power of your device . And as Jamstruth said, you have the biggest and baddest iPhone. It can handle things. I'm surprised that you still haven't jailbroken.
Actually I'd say there's less point in jailbreaking an iPhone 4 compared to, say, an iPhone 3G as you gain less features (wallpaper, folders etc are native)

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't have any interest in (time wasting) games or just fooling around on your iPhone in general, jailbreaking isn't really needed.

I primarily listen to music on my 3GS, but jailbroke it anyway and have enjoyed a whole slew of things ranging from apps (like games and SBSettings) to themes to other Springboard customizations.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
definitely, the 1ghz on the iphone4 really helps with emulation and you can run PSX games almost full speed, I have an 3g ipod and jailbreaking has made it a lot more useful.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the responses guys. I got a few concerns:

- So I just downloaded a bunch of albums and by the looks of it, I'll only have about 2 GB left for anything else outside music. Will 2GB still be enough for me?
- Can I really get all apps sold in the App Store for free?
- I'm gonna completely discharge and erase my iPhone (OCD :/). Should i jailbreak before or after syncing? Also, let's say my iPhone is already jailbroken. Can I still sync it safely if I want to add some music for my iPhone library?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thebigboss14 said:
If you only use is for music then try to jailbreak it to get the juice out of it. You paid for it so get the most out of it. Come on men it's the iPhone 4 so make it worth the money.
Sorry for the double post, but how does jailbreaking exactly "juice" out the iPhone regarding music playing?

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
R2DJ said:
thebigboss14 said:
If you only use is for music then try to jailbreak it to get the juice out of it. You paid for it so get the most out of it. Come on men it's the iPhone 4 so make it worth the money.
Sorry for the double post, but how does jailbreaking exactly "juice" out the iPhone regarding music playing?
by juice i guess it\'s got nothin to do with music playing...

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
R2DJ said:
Thanks for the responses guys. I got a few concerns:

- So I just downloaded a bunch of albums and by the looks of it, I'll only have about 2 GB left for anything else outside music. Will 2GB still be enough for me? if you don't download lots of stuff then it's fine
- Can I really get all apps sold in the App Store for free? yeh you can but i can't talk about it here PM me if you want to know
- I'm gonna completely discharge and erase my iPhone (OCD :/). Should i jailbreak before or after syncing? Also, let's say my iPhone is already jailbroken. Can I still sync it safely if I want to add some music for my iPhone library? yeh it's safe.. the only concern is the games you pirate and want to sync on the iphone, also sync first before you jailbreak just in case you don't delete anything then get your iphone and go to jailbreak.me

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a few questions I thought I should ask, not worthy of a new topic.

If I upgrade to the latest iTunes, and it upgrades my FW, will the jailbreak work on my iPhone 3GS?

Also, I heard there was security issues with jailbreaking. Is this true?

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
raiderscrusade said:
If I upgrade to the latest iTunes, and it upgrades my FW, will the jailbreak work on my iPhone 3GS?Upgrading itunes won't upgrade your FW, and itunes doesn't affect your jb. Just don't upgrade your FW

Also, I heard there was security issues with jailbreaking. Is this true?The issues are with using SSh, but if you change the password of your device you'll be OK. It doesn't matter if you don't have openSSh installed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: