Hacking Question Should i give up?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a lie, assuming you mean one that works. I tried for a few days and couldn't get it to work, then gave up until my SX pro arrived. It worked the first time.

Then what can I say? You were trying too hard.

You don't even need to "make" a jig, you can use tin foil, a piece of wire, a paper clip, a safety pin, a screw driver, a staple, bentpinhax, a dab of solder...

I'll admit, it was tough for me the first time, but once you manage to do it the first one or two times, and realize that the entire rail is grounded (you only need to worry about pin 10, don't bother with pins 1 or 9) you'll see how easy it really is.

Gunz4Hire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its so Simple if I was able to do it, anyone can lol, best of luck. I didnt want to wait and order a jig online.
WP_20180627_17_33_34_Pro.jpg

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Jfc just use a foil. I used one and it worked like a charm, although you need to play with the sizing but a little patience and you can use it as many times as you want.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly 1.0.0 to 3.0.0 will have a entirely Software method of entering atmosphere when it releases.

So if you want a entirely Software method of entering CFW stay at what your on but if you don't care about a Software method you can update.

3.0.1 to 4.1.0 will also get a Software method later on.

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,
Reactions: NoNAND

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, if it's causing you this much distress then you should update. As others have said, the only difference between 1.0-4.1 (iirc) iand 5.1 s that the earlier versions will eventually get some form of cold boot hack. That means you wont have to get a jig or mess around with the joycon. That sounds enticing now but once you get a jig you'll see that it's really just not that big of a deal. Look on eBay. Last I checked there were jigs being sold for like $2-3. Also, a 3D printed jig is way less likely to damage your Switch than shoving things blindly into the rail.

Either way, just remember to have fun with it :)

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can wait
Afford a new one not anymore
Eiffel tower simulator Fortnite alone shall never be the reason to update ur 2.2 console, it can be played anyway even on potato android phone with any bluetooth controller, if there are worthy game then go ahead, otherwise don't...

kucarachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no access to a 3d printer and i just don't know how to properly make a paperclip

Some of the premade jigs are 4 dollars on amazon with free shipping. You're going to have to at some point spend some money if you want to save some money. I know you can afford 4 dollars if you can afford a 300 dollar switch so c'mon man open that wallet and tell your gf to order off the kids menu next time you go out.

roflrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get the piece of tin foil, it is SO easy to do. Tape it in place if you're so afraid, if you can't do that then you should give up and update. If you're willing to wait forever for a possible coldboot solution then you can try, good luck using the latest Homebrew and good luck playing games. We will forever have Homebrew access and the only way to experience the best of what the scene has to offer is by updating. There is literally no reason to not update unless you really want to wait that long for your little exploit, the SX OS dongle or a DIY dongle is a much better solution than waiting for something that may not even be worth it. Once the years pass more discoveries will be made and eventually all versions will (probably) get CFW much like Luma3DS. You want rom loading?? Good luck running games on a lower firmware that requires you to UPDATE to play them, want to use LayeredFS for backup loading? Good luck. You're punishing yourself by not updating, I'd give up and update.

Jimmay123

Trophies
XP
Country
personally i got a bit of regular old wire from a usb piced one cable touched one end to pin 10 and the other end i just slipped into the gap in the top for the vent
shorted pin 10 piece of cake

it worked for me and trust me especially with me if it can go wrong it will go wrong

Godson112

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Watch and follow this video at 1:30 u can use the foil method i tried the paper clip and could not do it then I bought one on eBay and it still didn’t work the foil trick is the easiest way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.